Site Admin

SEOAL 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by mattash »

Who wins?

muddaubr
Waterboy

Re: SEOAL 2010 Predictions and thoughts

Post by muddaubr »

Logan will have a new beginning with a new field. I expect a better outlook on Logan baseball in the near future. Lots of good talented players this year ready to make their mark.

trojanofthepast
Freshman Team

Post by trojanofthepast »

The Trojans will be tough to beat this year. With John Tipton back at the helm this young group will win the SEOAL this year. They return everyone from last year and with the best Coaching staff around they will be very good.

Coaching Staff;

John Tipton - Head Coach (Winning Coach in School History is Back)
Jeff Ramey - Asst Coach ( Hall of Famer from PHS @ Former Cincinnati Red)
Aaron Duncan - Asst Coach ( Hall of Famer from PHS @ College Standout)
Fred Myers - Asst Coach ( Hall of Famer from PHS @ College Standout)

This is by far the best Coaching Staff in SEO Baseball.

hardrock21
JV Team

Post by hardrock21 »

Marietta and Warren are at the top of the league every year, this year should be no different.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren will be very young but with Zach Heath (sr) and Tyler Proctor (jr) on the mound they should have a great shot at winning the league.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Warren-----2 good pitchers that is all you need in high school
Marrieta---- good group coming back, been there before exp.
Chillicothe---not nearly as deep but do have some talent
Portsmouth--- new coach, new place to play and every one back
Jackson----- young, good team concept no stars, good coaches
Gallia------- new place to play but need some help
Ironton----- lost their big hitters not sure what they have coming up?
Logan----- They were not very good with Angle their best player, not sure if he is playing this year?

Regulator
All Conference

Post by Regulator »

I don't know where Crazy Legs is coming from, but in my opinion Gallia Academy will be the team to beat. They return a lot more then people think. Coaching staff does an unbelievable job in preparing their team and would not be surprised if they won the league and advanced to Districts or beyond. However, next year 2011, could be there most special year.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

Regulator wrote:I don't know where Crazy Legs is coming from, but in my opinion Gallia Academy will be the team to beat. They return a lot more then people think. Coaching staff does an unbelievable job in preparing their team and would not be surprised if they won the league and advanced to Districts or beyond. However, next year 2011, could be there most special year.

I will agree that in 2011 Gallia will be good. As for this year losing Wandling who is a better than average pitcher will hurt, being young with talent I see them losing allot early and coming on late in the year. (JMO)

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

muddaubr wrote:Logan will have a new beginning with a new field. I expect a better outlook on Logan baseball in the near future. Lots of good talented players this year ready to make their mark.

Good to hear that y'all will be abandoning that ... whatever it was. Our 3B coach nearly drowned there last year. :)

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

Warren will be the team to beat. With a strong 1-2 on the mound and a lot of young talent with legion experience they have to be considered the preseason favorites. And marietta should be right there with them. Marietta's success will really hinge on if brooker can get back to his success from his sophomore year. With him at the top of his game they would have the best 1-2 pitchers in the league with brooker and weppler.

BigTime
JV Team

Post by BigTime »

tigersfan88 wrote:Warren will be the team to beat. With a strong 1-2 on the mound and a lot of young talent with legion experience they have to be considered the preseason favorites. And marietta should be right there with them. Marietta's success will really hinge on if brooker can get back to his success from his sophomore year. With him at the top of his game they would have the best 1-2 pitchers in the league with brooker and weppler.

Not so fast on the best 1-2 punch on the mound. Portsmouth will probably have the best 1-2 punch in Josh Myers and Alex Coakley both Jrs. Both played in the State Legion Tourney last year when they were Sophs. Portsmouth will be the team to beat this year with all 9 starters being only Jr's. Legendary Coach (John Tipton) from the 70's, 80's, and early 90's returns this year and leads this team to a Championship. GO TROJANS.

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Losing Wandling will hurt but Kyle Dingess will be ready to step up and pitch this year, clocked in the high80s and has a good curve and changeup.

dingbat
Waterboy

Post by dingbat »

Everyone here is talking about that 1-2 punch on the mound.While I agree that is a very important part of a winning team, IMO there is alot more that goes into a championship team. Any pitcher in this league who thinks he can win by himself is mistaken. Lets hear a little about strength and depth at other positions. How about HITTING?

Warrior97
Waterboy

Post by Warrior97 »

Warren could be the team to beat. From what I have heard, not everyone has faith in new coach. Alot of good athletes walking the hallways!!

LetsGoPSU
SE

Post by LetsGoPSU »

Looking forward to having Coach Tipton back at the helm in Portsmouth. He led the Trojans to a shot at the State title in the past and has a vast knowledge of the game. Welcome back Coach!

javagt
Varsity

Post by javagt »

The SEOAL should be real good this comming year.. Several teams have a shot at
winning the league title. Several new or 2nd year coaches, new fields will make this
a banner year...

blaze275
Freshman Team

Post by blaze275 »

Gallia has a good shot/

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

Chilly lost too much . They have some talent coming back Dunn, Netter ,Bouillion, Sulzer and Davis (if he can get on the field) . Pitching will be a struggle this year unless someone develops other than Winston and Davis. Teams tend to underachieve under Coach , hopefully it can change this year.

muddaubr
Waterboy

Post by muddaubr »

In reading all these posts one thing is common, how many players are returning. Logan will be returning almost the whole team, that includes at least 10 returning lettermen. Now, I know what all of you will say and bring up last year, but that is in the past. The boys that will be playing thier senior year have been playing ball together for many years. They are a very close group of boys, for reference look at the football team. For you that talk about a 1-2 punch just remember, 9 can carry 2, but 2 cannot carry 9. Look for a much improved Logan team this year.

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

muddaubr wrote:In reading all these posts one thing is common, how many players are returning. Logan will be returning almost the whole team, that includes at least 10 returning lettermen. Now, I know what all of you will say and bring up last year, but that is in the past. The boys that will be playing thier senior year have been playing ball together for many years. They are a very close group of boys, for reference look at the football team. For you that talk about a 1-2 punch just remember, 9 can carry 2, but 2 cannot carry 9. Look for a much improved Logan team this year.

At the high school level in this sport give me two dominate pitchers and 2 can carry 9 :!: :!: I watched a few games last year I wouldn't say it was so much the players has it was with the coach. Not much emotion or eagerness to teach the game. (JMO)

Return to “Baseball”