TVC Hocking 2017

route7
Freshman Team

TVC Hocking 2017

Post by route7 »

I know its early, but i just cant wait for the season. Wahama, Waterford and Eastern sit atop the conference as preseason favorites yet again. Does Southern make a run for the top as well? Hoffman will probably be all Wahama has so i would go with Waterford or Eastern to win the conference... probably Waterford. Thoughts?

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Re: TVC Hocking 2017

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Waterford will be solid, look for Wahama to compete as well, same with Eastern. Southern can contend as well, depends on their bats.

My predictions:

Waterford
Eastern/Southern
Wahama

my top 4 in order.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Trimble? Are they going to be down this year or something? Who are some of the top returners from each team?

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Rufus wrote:Trimble? Are they going to be down this year or something? Who are some of the top returners from each team?
Eastern returns 7 starters, but they lose one of the best pitchers in the TVC in Cameron Richmond. They have bats but i dont know about how there pitching will be.
Southern returns a few seniors who are all slightly above average pitchers but there are no bats there.
Im pretty sure Waterford kept almost everyone from last year with some new additions so they will be the team to beat.
As for Trimble i dont think they have the pitching to compete this year, they lost two great pitchers in losey and brammer and i just dont see the ability for them to compete this year but they might split with a couple of the top teams (Eastern, Waterford, Wahama, Southern) if they get the right pitching matchup... AKA whoever is Wahama #2 behind Phil Hoffman because he is absolutely ALL Wahama has

You don't know squat
Waterboy

Post by You don't know squat »

What about southern and Trae Pickens. The rumor is through his dad is that he is being considered by Ohio State.

You don't know squat
Waterboy

Coach Bowen always seems to get the most out of his players at Eastern. They are always knocking off the top contenders each year. Wow what about Wahama. They have 3 all staters coming back with 6 starters from last years back to back state champions. They have the kearns, Oliver , and Riggs back that could all be solid number 2's behind the Hoffman kid.?

You don't know squat
Waterboy

Excuse me I was completly wrong . They have 4 all state players. Someone informed me that Arrington was the 4th player on that list.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

You don't know squat wrote:What about southern and Trae Pickens. The rumor is through his dad is that he is being considered by Ohio State.
Maybe OSU-Newark Campus :lol: :lol: :lol: there is no way that kid could be a D1 baseball player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You don't know squat
Waterboy

Well that's the word in Racine about the Pickens boy.

You don't know squat
Waterboy

Waterford is going to be really competitive. Coach Huffman is an old school coach who demands the most of his players and doesn't let the parents run the show like In other communities. He also has a few of his players from
Waterford playing summer legion ball at Beverly Lowell a top notch summer program ran by Coach Engle.

You don't know squat
Waterboy

Hey is the Sheets boy still playing ball at Meigs, or did he go off to play Division 1 football and basketball this year. How many high schools did he play for ? Was it like 20 or something

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

route7 wrote:
You don't know squat wrote:What about southern and Trae Pickens. The rumor is through his dad is that he is being considered by Ohio State.
Maybe OSU-Newark Campus :lol: :lol: :lol: there is no way that kid could be a D1 baseball player :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
now that is funny :lol:

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

You don't know squat wrote:Hey is the Sheets boy still playing ball at Meigs, or did he go off to play Division 1 football and basketball this year. How many high schools did he play for ? Was it like 20 or something
He graduated. Was supposed to go down south and play ball but the scholarship that was lined up didn't work out so I don't think he is playing any ball. It was a D2 school I believe. He's been to Eastern, Fed Hock, Meigs, Wahama and then back to Meigs

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

You don't know squat wrote:Well that's the word in Racine about the Pickens boy.
"Word" and rumor in Racine translates to total B.S. anywhere else

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Southern has never had any D1 talent. Shoot i don't even know if they have had any college talent (even when they had the stretch of success). Just some decently talented HIGH SCHOOL players.

You don't know squat
Waterboy

Man what about Federal Hocking and South Gallia. Who is the football and baseball coach out there. He seems to be a first class guys who works his butt off for the programs but they just are not competing anymore. I'm afraid he is going to burn out or get ran out by the parents before he gets the programs straightened out. It's sad because Federal Hocking baseball use to be one of he better programs in Southeastern Ohio under Brunty and Hoffman before they both left. I hope they get it turned around out here soon.?

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Are any of the Hocking teams going to play some good out-of-conference games this coming season? Only way to beat Newark Catholic is to play better competition when it's available.

You don't know squat
Waterboy

The only teams in the TVC hocking that play good out of conference schools are Eastern and Waterford. Wahama plays a good non league schedule but it's WV school.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

route7 wrote:
You don't know squat wrote:Hey is the Sheets boy still playing ball at Meigs, or did he go off to play Division 1 football and basketball this year. How many high schools did he play for ? Was it like 20 or something
He graduated. Was supposed to go down south and play ball but the scholarship that was lined up didn't work out so I don't think he is playing any ball. It was a D2 school I believe. He's been to Eastern, Fed Hock, Meigs, Wahama and then back to Meigs
He is playing Basketball at Rio Grande but ineligible the first semester.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
You don't know squat
Waterboy

Why is he ineligible to play at Rio ?

Return to “Baseball”