TVC Hocking 2017

Hog leg
Waterboy

Re: TVC Hocking 2017

Post by Hog leg »

Hey Route 7 good to hear from you. Keep me posted on Eastern and the spring Baseball team. Go Eagles KSA

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

Well hog, for those baseballers who aren't participating in a winter sport, I hear Coach Bowen has them in the weight room. Good to know they're sticking to the grindstone after last year's tourney run.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Fonzie wrote:Southern has never had any D1 talent. Shoot i don't even know if they have had any college talent (even when they had the stretch of success). Just some decently talented HIGH SCHOOL players.
There was 1 guy from class of 07 who had offers, 3 guys from the 08 class, 1 or 2 from the 09/10 class/classes (cant remember when they graduated). Given they were NAIA and Division 3 offers, they were offers. I feel if you catch the attention of an NAIA or a D3 program, you are considered better than average for your area and that colleges base of recruiting or are being recruited by a coach who looks at you as a project. Parents and some Coach's don't know the difference between NAIA-D3 talent and D1 talent.. and its a HUGE gap.
I do think Zane Beegle did get to pitch some at OU, he graduated in 82 I believe. Southern has had a good line of baseball players down through the years, and im talking 70s, 80s, 90s, etc. D1 potential? probably not, but lets look at the overall statistic of a kids chances of playing D1, or even college ball in any sport for that matter... its pretty low.
Give Trae Pickens some credit, the kid plays in the summer, has put on some size, and loves the game. Committed to D3 Muskingum.. may not be a big deal to some, but a dream come true for most kids who seek to play any sort or ball at the next level.. The real problem lies in forums such as this and parents who pump their kids full of BS saying they're going to be the next big thing or think they are bigger than the game itself. Big difference between skepticism and realistic expectations. Instead of singling out one school, one kid, and poking fun.. lets look at the TVC as a whole. Currently, Huffman (may have spelled his name wrong) so far is the only true D1 talent in the Hocking, given the fact he's committed to Marshall. Here a few kids in the Ohio division have had a handful of D2 and D1 offers.. I could be wrong but that is hear say, kid from Athens im guessing? again, could be wrong.. Take a step or two back and look at the past 20-30 years of the SEO district, all divisions, see what you can dig up as far as D1 recruits. Now, compare that to the number of kids who play the sport. That statistic is less than 1%..

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

route7 wrote:Well hog, for those baseballers who aren't participating in a winter sport, I hear Coach Bowen has them in the weight room. Good to know they're sticking to the grindstone after last year's tourney run.
Great respect for Coach Bowen. Great Coach and a Great Guy. One of my favorites... hard to believe coming from a Southern guy eh? Knows how to get the best out of his kids.. you wont see an Eastern Baseball team NOT ready to play, I can assure you that.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Off the soap box and back to talk that matters..

Waterford/Eastern/Wahama are your top 3 contenders with Southern and Trimble just behind. Miller/Fed/Belpre/South Gallia all kinda hanging out.. don't know much about Belpre.

route7
Freshman Team

Post by route7 »

This is gonna be a very competitive league with some very entertaining baseball to be played. Anything can happen!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Schedules?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
thedogg16
Freshman Team

Post by thedogg16 »

Heard Hoffman is hurt for Wahama?