Riding the Bench

Re: Scores 5/14

Post by cavalier11 »

what nine would you suggest?

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

cavalier11 wrote:what nine would you suggest?

Doesn't matter now ... season is over and it will be awhile before Chilly has this much talent again .... As long as Dunn is coach you'll get what we got this year ..... I'd say he'll coach his son 1 more year and hang it up ...

squiggy
Freshman Team

Post by squiggy »

SouthernDesperado wrote:According to wkkj.com
Leesberg fairfield 0
Manchester 8

cory tolle throws 1 hit shutout.

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

Well I personally will have to disagree....you have to give credit where credit is due and credit is definitely due here.

Coach Dunn has been through it all in the past 4 years with these seniors and to go 12-0 in the division and 18-10 overall, well that's more than impressive. Coach Dunn may have not won a sectional title this year but he is sure is or should be in the running for coach of the year in the SEOAL. He has to be doing something right or a record like 18-10 wouldn't be present.

I say congratulations to Coach Dunn and the Cavaliers on a well played season, it may have ended too early but you have accomplished many things and have made a turnaround like none other in the past 5 years.

chilltown
JV Team

Post by chilltown »

That is your right and I respect that .

But the fact is Cavs beat up on a and this is a stretch 'mediocre" South division . Although Gallia wasn't awful . Was 1-4 against SVC . Only Quality team we beat all year was Unioto . Sure Coach will get coach of the year in the South . Truth is this team underachieved , and it is IMO a direct result of players knowing they weren't coming out no matter how many errors or baserunning mistakes they made . There will be politically correct people who disagree ,but if you took a poll in the stands the last few years people are saying exactly what I said here . Put whatever spin on it you want ,but this team had enough talent to make regionals . Good luck to all the Cav players ..you are all great kids .. Good luck to all the Seniors may all your dreams come true ....

Eagle12
Freshman Team

Post by Eagle12 »

Racine Southern over Eastern Pike.

Southern 7
Eastern Pike 2

nerkfan
JV Team

Post by nerkfan »

Newark Catholic 18
Madison Christian 3 5 innings

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Gallipolis plays at Waverly today, right?

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Yes

Return to “Baseball”