chillicothe vs.marrieta

cavalierfan95
Freshman Team

chillicothe vs.marrieta

Post by cavalierfan95 »

the cavs and tigers go for the title who gets it?

gameDAYphoto
Waterboy

Re: chillicothe vs.marrieta

Post by gameDAYphoto »

Who ever has the best pitching and defense. The name of the game!

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

well not to be cocky but i think we will definetly have the best pitcher. but defense was not our best attribute against meigs so hopefully we can get our defense back together for tomorrow. so i'm definetly looking foward to a very good game tomorrow night. hopefully alot of people come out and we actually get the game in that is :-D

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Pulling for Washington Co.
Go Mtta. Tigers...

Ptown Playmaker
Varsity

Post by Ptown Playmaker »

root'n for our friends up north on 23.....go Cavs!

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

tigersfan88 wrote:well not to be cocky but i think we will definetly have the best pitcher. but defense was not our best attribute against meigs so hopefully we can get our defense back together for tomorrow. so i'm definetly looking foward to a very good game tomorrow night. hopefully alot of people come out and we actually get the game in that is :-D

well not to be cocky but i think we will defintely have the best offense

If the Cavs can get their bats going, Marietta is going to be in trouble and I don't care who's pitching.
If they can't and the Tigers' pitching is as good as Tigers88 seems to think it is, Chillicothe will look forward to next season.

My prediction,
CHS - 7
MHS - 5

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

This should be a great game. I am a huge fan of Evan Brockmeier, if Marietta can play good defense behind him, he will be tough to beat. I wish I had the opportunity to watch Seth Dawes this season, unfortunately I have to work to night. Goodluck to both teams.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Where is this game being played at?

Tigerfan31
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigerfan31 »

roundingthird--Since Chillicothe is the higher seed I would assume that the game is played in Chillicothe but not 100% sure of the field. I thought I heard on the local radio station that it was where Post 757 plays but I could be wrong.

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Who won?

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

wkkj.com Jottings wkkj.com. You can always go there for Chillicothe area scores.

Marietta won 4-1.

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

Evan Brockmeir pitched a great game giving up only 3 hits. and bauman had a really nice catch in right. i think brockmeir made a believer out of cavalier11 today. lol

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

tigersfan88 wrote:Evan Brockmeir pitched a great game giving up only 3 hits. and bauman had a really nice catch in right. i think brockmeir made a believer out of cavalier11 today. lol

tiger88, Brockmeir is a very very good high school pitcher, i'll agree with you there. He has excellent control and stamina. I also believe that if he wasn't on the mound tonight or on monday's game against meigs, your tigers would have made a quick exit in the tournament.

He is an excellent player and without him, Marietta wouldn't have come close to where they are now.

Congrats

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

cavalier11 wrote:
tigersfan88 wrote:Evan Brockmeir pitched a great game giving up only 3 hits. and bauman had a really nice catch in right. i think brockmeir made a believer out of cavalier11 today. lol

tiger88, Brockmeir is a very very good high school pitcher, i'll agree with you there. He has excellent control and stamina. I also believe that if he wasn't on the mound tonight or on monday's game against meigs, your tigers would have made a quick exit in the tournament.

He is an excellent player and without him, Marietta wouldn't have come close to where they are now.

Congrats

your incorrect their sir. we have multiple good pitchers. we could've won monday with weppler or bauman on the mound if needed. and i think we could've won tonight with bauman and maybe weppler too. i'm pretty confident bauman could've kept chili under 4. come to monday's game. you'll get to see bauman pitch then

Keyser_sozeThrice
S

Post by Keyser_sozeThrice »

Brockmeier is indeed a solid pitcher.

He pitched a one-hitter at Jackson last season in the sectional semifinals when Marietta won 3-0 and knocked out the top-seed Ironmen. In fact, I don't recall the Ironmen hitting a ball out of the infield in that game.

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

If i were the Tigers' coach, I would keep Mr. Brockmeir on the mound as much as possible, that's just me though. You're right, I could be wrong, but from what I saw tonight....out of the Tigers' offense, they're lucky to have a pitcher like Brockmeir to keep them in games.

Like I said, could be wrong, but the Tigers didn't hit the ball that well tonight and it sounds like the same thing against Meigs scoring only 3 runs.

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

cavalier11 wrote:If i were the Tigers' coach, I would keep Mr. Brockmeir on the mound as much as possible, that's just me though. You're right, I could be wrong, but from what I saw tonight....out of the Tigers' offense, they're lucky to have a pitcher like Brockmeir to keep them in games.

Like I said, could be wrong, but the Tigers didn't hit the ball that well tonight and it sounds like the same thing against Meigs scoring only 3 runs.

yea we do have a problem stringing hits together sometimes but with our pitching staff and our defense we are a tough team

cavalier11
Riding the Bench

Post by cavalier11 »

I couldnt agree more, your defense tonight was very superb. Everytime a member of the Cavs offense would hit a hotshot, the Tigers were right there flashing some leather. And hey, if pitching and defense wins games for you, at least their wins right? Chilly will be rooting for you during the rest of the tournament Im sure.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Way to go EB! Save some of those victories for Legion!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Cap'n Scoop wrote:Way to go EB! Save some of those victories for Legion!

Can't wait for the first of June........

Return to “Baseball”