Wheelersburg vs. Berlin Highland

whodey24
Waterboy

Wheelersburg vs. Berlin Highland

Post by whodey24 »

How do they match up against each other?

petesweaty
All Conference

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Berlin Highland

Post by petesweaty »

It is Berlin Hiland.
I bet the name Yoder and Miller will be on their roster. :D

whodey24
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg vs. Berlin Hiland

Post by whodey24 »

whodey24 wrote:How do they match up against each other?
Last edited by whodey24 on Sun May 22, 2016 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

petesweaty wrote:It is Berlin Hiland.
Don't forget Troyer and Showalter!

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

IMHO...The opponent finished regular season at #1 in D3...They will be throwing a really tough pitcher...Burg has to hit better...only had 2 hits last game...if Burg hits better and plays usual good defense, I think they have a chance!

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

Good luck to Burg Thursday. Anything can happen on the diamond.

I for one would love to see another Minford vs Burg game this year :D

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

Probably the best pitcher our boys have seen this year. Hasn't given up an earned run all season from what I have been told. As always this time of year, have to manufacture one or two and have solid pitching and defense.

hawk
Waterboy

Post by hawk »

formerfcfan wrote:
petesweaty wrote:It is Berlin Hiland.
Don't forget Troyer and Showalter!
Haha. In my 20 years associated with the school I can't ever recall having a Showalter. It's a Mennonite name but not in this area. There certainly will be Millers, Yoders and Troyers on the roster though.

I'd expect a line-up with a lot of Mennonite/Amish name, probably something like this: Mullet, Yoder, Miller, Gingerich, Kline, Mast, Coblentz, Miller, Massaro... only the last one is out of the norm.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thanks for clarifying! I think Showalter is more popular out in Plain City, and maybe PA?

Burg_10
Riding the Bench

Post by Burg_10 »

Hey Hawk,

What is the report about this pitcher? Jr. Sr. Lefty/Righty, 80's? Heard a few things but thought you might have more specifics.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Probably a Yoder on the mound

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Does anyone know if there will be a clear between WB/Hiland and Minford/HC? In other words, does one ticket pay for both? I'm probably going to take in this one, but wanted to know if I can get more game for my buck.

petesweaty
All Conference

Post by petesweaty »

The Mullet kid has thrown over 100+ innings the last two years without giving up an earned run. Hiland has been a power in D4 for awhile, but moved up to D3 for the next two years.

Burg4
JV Team

Post by Burg4 »

Mullet...Senior...From Millersburg, Ohio...5'8" 175 lbs...Bats Right/Throws Right...Fastball 81-84...Curveball 72-75...Changeup 72-73

Committed to Malone University

Has the current state record of pitching 100 consecutive earnings of unearned run baseball going back to last year

Roster has 5 Millers, Yoders, Klines, and Gingerich, not to be confused with Newt Gingrich

Pirates have their work cut out for them, but I see us scoring more than 1 run, breaking the pitcher's state record, en route to our next Regional Championship

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

formerfcfan wrote:Does anyone know if there will be a clear between WB/Hiland and Minford/HC? In other words, does one ticket pay for both? I'm probably going to take in this one, but wanted to know if I can get more game for my buck.
One ticket. Speed limit on the VA grounds is 20 mph, which is strictly enforced.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Thanks for the tip!

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

I like our chances in any low scoring games, our staff and kids execute well the small things that make a difference in 1-0 type of ballgames.

silverhammer50
Waterboy

Post by silverhammer50 »

Ridgewood guy here. Hiland has been the top dog in our area in baseball for the last 5 years. They have won the league every year since 08 and have only shared it one year with us. Mullett is the real deal and they play the game the right way. They capitalize on mistakes. Last summer they went out to the 16U little league world series and lost to texas in the championship game. They do all the little things right and get clutch hits when they need them. Not an offensive juggernaut, but with their pitching and defense they do not beat themselves.

But with seeing the Burg over the last couple years also, should be one heckuva ball game. Making the 2 and half hour trip to see this one. Pretty sure with pitching and defense, this one might get done in an hour. Good luck to both schools. excited to see it.

8332 Granite St
JV Team

Post by 8332 Granite St »

Who is Minford playing? And what happens after these games (Burg&Minford) if one or both win??? Sorry I have always been a football guy. Btw bring on football lol

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

8332 Granite St wrote:Who is Minford playing? And what happens after these games (Burg&Minford) if one or both win??? Sorry I have always been a football guy. Btw bring on football lol
Minford plays Cadiz Harrison Central (21-9). HC plays a tough schedule, not sure on what all they have, but I'll guess that they will be well coached.

The winners of the 2 games will play on Friday for the right to play at Huntington Park in the Final Four.

Should be 3 great games on Thursday and Friday!

Return to “Baseball”