TVC!

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

TVC!

Post by 93Bulldog »

After Trimble's 2-1 victory over Wahama tonight, we have SIX baseball teams taking home league championships this year! Trimble, Wahama and Waterford all finished with 13-3 league marks to share the TVC-Hocking title. Wellston, Alexander and Meigs finished with 9-3 records to share the TVC-Ohio championship. Two teams that DID NOT win league crowns are actually still alive in the tournament and claimed both sectional and district championships. (Athens and Eastern).

Of the six district champions from the southeast district - half of them are TVC teams!

Athens - D2
Eastern - D4
Waterford - D4

ma77ox
Varsity

Re: TVC!

Post by ma77ox »

GO TVC!!!

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

2 of the other 3 will be SOC II teams with there being a chance at all 3.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I know this is a TVC thread, but let me add... SOC 2 will have 2 maybe 3 District Champions this year as well.

Minford or Valley , Burg playing Friday, and Waverly just won District. '

Pretty good representation of both Leagues. But I continue to say... SOC 2 is one of the strongest leagues in SE OHIO.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

SOC II is a well respected league simply bc they have the Burg. That's is a deep league. TVC continues to produce great teams in both divisions, but still gets no respect in tournament draws.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

SOC is a tough league. Athens finished 4th in the TVC. Shows how deep the league was this year
Last edited by Raider6309 on Wed May 18, 2016 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

2 pretty darn good baseball leagues.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

Wahama won regional tonight and are headed back to state to defend their title. TVC baseball is no joke.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

That's great but don't crown yourselves the greatest yet. The SOC II had 3 teams in the Regional, out of 7?, and are guaranteed one in the State Tournament.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

thebarlowbandit wrote:That's great but don't crown yourselves the greatest yet. The SOC II had 3 teams in the Regional, out of 7?, and are guaranteed one in the State Tournament.
How are they guaranteed one?

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

thebarlowbandit wrote:That's great but don't crown yourselves the greatest yet. The SOC II had 3 teams in the Regional, out of 7?, and are guaranteed one in the State Tournament.
They were only guaranteed a spot if the both won their regional semi-final game, that didn't happen. Burg lost in semi's and Minford won in semi's, then Minford lost in regional final.

Good run for both leagues this year.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens finished 4th in the tvc. D2 regional finalists. Athens lost to Minford 7-6 and beat Waverly 12-5. Both are tough leagues

Abe Froman
S

Post by Abe Froman »

Raider6309 wrote:Athens finished 4th in the tvc. D2 regional finalists. Athens lost to Minford 7-6 and beat Waverly 12-5. Both are tough leagues
Did they play Marietta or Jackson in the regular season or just the post season?

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

I believe they beat Marietta 3-1 and lost 13-9 in regular season and lost to Jackson 2-0. Hard to get a read on non conference games because most teams won't throw their ace. I do believe Sano pitched against Jackson though.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens had a brutal schedule

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

Raider6309 wrote:Athens had a brutal schedule
Athens played the toughest schedule in the TVC most likely and got hot at the end and put a run together.

If the numbers I heard were right Sano had 55 strikeouts in three games in their playoff run. Heard that he and Sexton from Jackson combined for 38 in the 8-inning Sectional game. 55 strikeouts (if that number is right) in 3-games is just ridiculous.

Baseball is weird, just because they are all back don't mean next year is an automatic walk to the Region, but it does look promising.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Yeah I thought meigs would have got to the regionals with Athens

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I was really impressed with Athens this year.
They have great coaching so I always assume they will be good, but they did a really good job of always seemingly finding a way to win.
They made a great run this year.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

I didn't get to see Meigs play this year and I really wanted to.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

I think being underdog and having that chip on your shoulder goes a long way, motivates you. Meigs done it the year before starting as the #7 seed...Then Athens this year as the #8.

I think Meigs was assuming they would walk right into the Regionals, but it isn't that easy. I don't think anyone seen Circleville putting up 4 runs against our ace to end the game.

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.

Return to “Baseball”