Waterford @ Marietta

H-back
Freshman Team

Waterford @ Marietta

Post by H-back »

With a win, the wildcats would have beaten every Washington county team this season.

ettaexpress
Waterboy

Re: Waterford @ Marietta

Post by ettaexpress »

Marietta- 9
Waterford- 0

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

Marietta with their sectional game Thursday, threw their best 2 pitchers. Waterford with sectional game Tuesday did not.

H-back
Freshman Team

Post by H-back »

I was also confused as to why Marietta threw there two best.

sportsfan87
Waterboy

Post by sportsfan87 »

Marietta with a game Thursday has more then 3 days between does not keep them from pitching in sectional game. If Waterford threw one or both of their best pitchers Tuesday would be the 3rd day. May be why the pitching decisions were made for this game.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

Especially if they threw two pitchers to split a game. That actually is a great way to get work in before the tournaments.

mttatiger14
Waterboy

Post by mttatiger14 »

H-back wrote:I was also confused as to why Marietta threw there two best.
I assume it was played as a dry run for their tournament games. If you have a 1 and 1A pitcher and a 5 day break between games why in the world wouldn't you?? Also wasn't the pitcher that threw against Marietta the same pitcher that won vs Warren earlier in the year?

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

mhs95_06 wrote:Marietta with their sectional game Thursday, threw their best 2 pitchers. Waterford with sectional game Tuesday did not.
I wasn't confused when I wrote this. I tried to lay out why they did what they did, based on how many days until their very important sectional opening games, which I thought was the right thing for both teams. Just trying to illustrate why the score may have been lopsided.

H-back
Freshman Team

Post by H-back »

mttatiger14 wrote:
H-back wrote:I was also confused as to why Marietta threw there two best.
I assume it was played as a dry run for their tournament games. If you have a 1 and 1A pitcher and a 5 day break between games why in the world wouldn't you?? Also wasn't the pitcher that threw against Marietta the same pitcher that won vs Warren earlier in the year?
No. The pitcher who beat Warren was Devyn Farley. Waterford pitched jv player Isaac Wagner. He has made a small amount of appearances in varsity

Return to “Baseball”