SOC I 2016

Mailman
All Conference

SOC I 2016

Post by Mailman »

Thoughts on the upcoming small school SOC?

brown22
Varsity

Re: SOC I 2016

Post by brown22 »

my guess is east will be good got a nice pitcher, clay and ND will be tough as well eastern has some good talent

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Should be a good league. Symmes is always tough, but lost a lot. Eastern is good, Tomlinson kid is good player, along with others. East has the Lowe kid, he's a good one but that's about it. Not sure about transfers. Green will be good but need a lot of young players to step up. Clay loses some good ones but have pretty strong core. ND only lose 1 starter, solid pitching staff. Not sure what Western and New Boston bring to the table. Did I miss anyone?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

no sir u hit everyone of them

GO EAGLES
brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

eastern has a couple good freshman coming up to go with the talent they already got if they can get some good innings off the mound from a pitcher or 2 too go with Tomlinson they will be pretty good.

GO EAGLES
eagle country
Freshman Team

Post by eagle country »

Eastern should be very talented this year alot of freshman got a chance to play last year and done a good job let's just hope that Tomlison shoulder is ready another player that might start season injured is Hoover boy he is having shoulder issues once he got a chance he done pretty good great anywhere defensively needs to work on bat once he gets regular at bats it will come
Clay Martin is to me to best on field he does great job behind plate and great leader Parker Clemmons is freshman is one of best players I have seen and he's only a freshman he can only get better

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

your right eagles country Martin is the best on the field good solid baseball player like to see him get few innings on the mound this year. Parker Clemmons is a good player good bat and catcher and the caniday boy is also going to be a good pitcher threw over the summer for the generals with the Clemmons boy should be a good year for the eagles.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Really excited. Should be another good year of small school baseball. Think any one of Eastern, Clay, ND, Symmes or Green could win it. With the new format of playing the same school twice in a week it will come down to pitching. Best staff wins. Records will be deceiving because out of conference games will be pitched by 5th 6th or 7th pitcher. Man I love baseball.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I kinda like the new format playing the same team twice in a week pitching is going to be the key.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Just a guess on my part but, ND will probably start 3 seniors, 3 juniors, 3 sophomores. The 3 sophomores all started last year as freshman. So there is a ton of experience on this team. If the pitchers stay healthy, They will be very tough. But again, I can see 4-5 teams with the ability win the conference.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Mailman wrote:Just a guess on my part but, ND will probably start 3 seniors, 3 juniors, 3 sophomores. The 3 sophomores all started last year as freshman. So there is a ton of experience on this team. If the pitchers stay healthy, They will be very tough. But again, I can see 4-5 teams with the ability win the conference.
I liked a couple pitchers ND threw when my eagles played them names and grades I'm not sure but they were good.

GO EAGLES
Fanothegame
Waterboy

Post by Fanothegame »

Should be a very tight league this year. Many capable of winning. Clay, will be good as will Eastern, ND and SV. Clay and ND will have more pitching. SV returns probably one of the best players in the league at catcher.
Should be a good year.

Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

Heard rumor that New Boston won't have enough to field a team. Also will be close for East. I know OHSAA has rule if your school doesn't offer a sport you can play another school. Anyone know the rules surrounding that? Could NB kids play at East to ensure they have enough?

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

Mailman wrote:Heard rumor that New Boston won't have enough to field a team. Also will be close for East. I know OHSAA has rule if your school doesn't offer a sport you can play another school. Anyone know the rules surrounding that? Could NB kids play at East to ensure they have enough?
mailman I've heard the same rumor I hope it isn't going to be true when we was down at New Boston people from there was saying they just can't see them having enough to have a team this year. when eastern didn't have football we could play through the pee wee league other places but once in Jr high we had to come to that school or not play so I'm not sure what high school kids can do.

GO EAGLES
ty.stephens
Freshman Team

Post by ty.stephens »

I coach baseball at Peebles and New Boston cancelled our DH with them on Wednesday for this year because they said they are not having a team.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

well mailman it's been confirmed new Boston isn't fielding a team soc should figure out something for the kids this effects. baseball numbers are down almost every where we have to find a way to keep kids playing this great game.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

I understand if you go to a school that just doesn't offer a sport. Then that's your choice to go there knowing that. But to cancel it just weeks before practice starts. The kids who really love to play should be allowed to go elsewhere, without punishment.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

gettin close for the baseball season to get underway who should the top pitchers in our conference be.

GO EAGLES
Mailman
All Conference

Post by Mailman »

brown22 wrote:gettin close for the baseball season to get underway who should the top pitchers in our conference be.
Tomlinson from your school is tough. Baker and Corns from ND are very good. Symmes has the other hard thrower(name escapes me) Carver brothers from Green 1senior(I think)/1freshman, both good. Riffe from Clay is good. Lowe from East is good. Not a clue about Western.

brown22
Varsity

Post by brown22 »

I know we had Tomlinson coming back heard he is doing pretty good after his surgery (non throwing arm) glad to hear some other teams got their good pitchers coming back all teams will need pitching to win the league.

GO EAGLES

Return to “Baseball”