TVC Ohio

tvc_fan
Varsity

Re: TVC Ohio

Post by tvc_fan »

coyote wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am
tvc_fan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:13 pm
Orange and Brown wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:05 pm

That would definitely make it tougher for them.
Hope both young men heal up and stay healthy.
Mattox and Helton have both decided to play their Senior Season...EXCITED!!!!
Heard Mattox is going to Eastern
The steps are in progress.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:55 am
coyote wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:53 am
tvc_fan wrote: Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:13 pm

Mattox and Helton have both decided to play their Senior Season...EXCITED!!!!
Heard Mattox is going to Eastern
The steps are in progress.
Eastern is gonna be tough!

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Any reasons why he’s transferring? Without getting too much into the young man’s life, I was wondering if there was any insight.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Realist wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:04 pm Any reasons why he’s transferring? Without getting too much into the young man’s life, I was wondering if there was any insight.
I'd prefer to not go into details on here, But it will benefit him Academically as he has struggled with his Classes at Meigs and feel that a smaller school will help his Academic progress for after high school.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Wish him the best. glad his not going put Jackson out of the tournament. Lol

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Good for him if he’s willing to sit out 1/2 a season to better himself academically. Academics come first. Good luck to him.

Michigan n Trumbull
Riding the Bench

Post by Michigan n Trumbull »

tvc_fan wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 pm
Realist wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:04 pm Any reasons why he’s transferring? Without getting too much into the young man’s life, I was wondering if there was any insight.
I'd prefer to not go into details on here, But it will benefit him Academically as he has struggled with his Classes at Meigs and feel that a smaller school will help his Academic progress for after high school.
Is he a senior??? With 3 months of school left, now worry about his academics????????? Sounds like Eastern just got even stronger.......

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

Michigan n Trumbull wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:04 am
Is he a senior??? With 3 months of school left, now worry about his academics????????? Sounds like Eastern just got even stronger.......
I sure hope we all can see through the "academics" bs, he is leaving to go join an Eastern team that would have won the TVC Hocking, Sectional, and District without him, so now they will have a shot of a regional push. He would simply be leaving to try and join a team that has a better shot. In all honesty, its sad. Probably most of all, for the parent that signs the papers to allow it to happen. As for sitting out half the season, there are several ways around that little rule. I am sure we will see which one they use in the upcoming weeks.

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Fonzie wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:42 pm

I sure hope we all can see through the "academics" bs, he is leaving to go join an Eastern team that would have won the TVC Hocking, Sectional, and District without him, so now they will have a shot of a regional push. He would simply be leaving to try and join a team that has a better shot. In all honesty, its sad. Probably most of all, for the parent that signs the papers to allow it to happen. As for sitting out half the season, there are several ways around that little rule. I am sure we will see which one they use in the upcoming weeks.
I think they are using the "bullying" rule

coyote
Riding the Bench

Post by coyote »

Eastern had a legit shot at making it to state and he might just give them the pitching they needed to do so

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Well for your information, he doesn't even have enough credits to graduate Meigs right now, he will have them and be able to graduate Eastern, And Meigs ha a shot at going far this season as well being they dropped down to D3, So it has nothing to do with going somewhere for a better chance to go somewhere that would go further in tournament play. He was released from the Meigs Baseball team a week after practice started, because he went and played in a basketball tournament during a weekend on his own free time..At Meigs they punish you even if you shoot a basketball, take a jog or whatever during the season. Heck he was even punished in football for playing in the Hoops Project in the middle of summer, when football practices weren't mandatory. So Failing grades at Meigs, would not play any games at Meigs, would not graduate at Meigs...I think going to Eastern, being able to graduate and play at least half a season is a pretty wise choice there Mr Know It All.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

And no rules are being made, he is open enrolling, there will be no push to be playing the whole season, he is perfectly fine with just half a season. Yes there are things that can be done and him not miss a game, trust me, when word got out he was enrolling there were offers to rent a place in a other districts and not Eastern district for $1 a month, get a utility in name and change address on DL. But NONE of those are happening. He will still live where he has always lived, he will drive to Eastern and drive home. He will graduate and play half a season.

So say what you want, this decision is what is best for him, he could easily not graduate, possibly quit school, go get lost in the populated drug world we have nowadays, or he can go to Eastern, graduate, play half a season of baseball, and possibly get some interested in him for college ball. So I am the proud parent that signed the enrollment papers for him to take the second option :)

Realist
Freshman Team

Post by Realist »

Wish the young man the best of luck.

i83
Freshman Team

Post by i83 »

Big fan of mattox not sure he should playing any sport focus on getting the grades to graduate way more important than baseball

baseball guy71
Waterboy

Post by baseball guy71 »

Eastern was going to be solid with or without him, he will definitely be eligible at the right time, mid point in the season it will be a fresh arm for Eastern. I think Waterford is still going to be tough to beat. As far as Meigs there should be kids able to step in. Meigs will still has a very good shot at winning their league games.

Fonzie
S

Post by Fonzie »

i83 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:30 pm Big fan of mattox not sure he should playing any sport focus on getting the grades to graduate way more important than baseball
If academics are truly the concern, you're probably right, he should focus on studies and not spend time at a ball field.

The public isn't stupid. We all know what is happening.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

Fonzie wrote: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:34 pm
i83 wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:30 pm Big fan of mattox not sure he should playing any sport focus on getting the grades to graduate way more important than baseball
If academics are truly the concern, you're probably right, he should focus on studies and not spend time at a ball field.

The public isn't stupid. We all know what is happening.
And what the public thinks or knows changes what? Is there some jealousy. Bottem line is he is doing what he can to move forward.

tvc_fan
Varsity

Post by tvc_fan »

And if he can't get the academics up in the half season he isn't eligible to play then he won't be playing any, if he can keep the academics up and play at same time...it's a win win situation.

Resurgent_Thinker
Riding the Bench

Post by Resurgent_Thinker »

Just by transferring to a smaller school, does not mean graduating/getting better grades will be any easier. Eastern is pretty solid academically and they hold, especially the baseball players, to a high standard, but maybe a change in environment is what is needed.. If grades are slipping then baseball or any future in sport at the next level should be the last thing on his or family's mind because in the end, baseball is just a GAME. Yes, core values and life lessons can be learned from sport, especially baseball, but the main focus of this move should vastly be on grades. I wish Mattox and family the best of luck this spring as this will be a valuable life lesson in prep for the real world.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

tvc_fan wrote: Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:04 pm

Well for your information, he doesn't even have enough credits to graduate Meigs right now, he will have them and be able to graduate Eastern, And Meigs ha a shot at going far this season as well being they dropped down to D3, So it has nothing to do with going somewhere for a better chance to go somewhere that would go further in tournament play. He was released from the Meigs Baseball team a week after practice started, because he went and played in a basketball tournament during a weekend on his own free time..At Meigs they punish you even if you shoot a basketball, take a jog or whatever during the season. Heck he was even punished in football for playing in the Hoops Project in the middle of summer, when football practices weren't mandatory. So Failing grades at Meigs, would not play any games at Meigs, would not graduate at Meigs...I think going to Eastern, being able to graduate and play at least half a season is a pretty wise choice there Mr Know It All.
Too much. These people didn't need to know all of that. Hes got every right to do what he's doing and good luck to him. Maybe this will work out for everyone.

On another note, the fact that Brent Bissell let probably his top pitcher walk for not following team rules shows me that Coach Bissell does not play favorites at all and for that he deserves so much credit. It's refreshing to see a guy that sticks to his guns. I'm sorry it happened to the young man, but Coach Bissell laying a hard line shows me he coaches for the right reasons and is trying to mold young men. Team first. Kudos to Coach Bissell. I hope for a happy ending for everyone involved, including Christian and I hope he learns life lessons from this to help him in.the future. Good luck to everyone.

Return to “Baseball”