Cold Temps For Saturday

stone76567
Waterboy

Cold Temps For Saturday

Post by stone76567 »

What are schools doing about the cold temps for Saturday? I have noticed several schools have pushed start times back. Who's playing and who has canceled due to the cold?

NYF
Freshman Team

Re: Cold Temps For Saturday

Post by NYF »

I see Chilly cancelled their track meet. Temps for baseball games starting at 11 will be around 27 degrees plus wind chill could make it colder. Just asking, is that healthy for kids to stay outside in 25 to 35 degree temps for 4 hours to play a double header? What about pitching arms? Just asking. What do you guys think? I have no dog in the fight other then a cousin playing baseball.

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

Talk about Track on the Track Forum. Very, very weak world today. Excuses for everything.

olegoat50
Freshman Team

Post by olegoat50 »

I think the babies will be alright...When I was a kid I stayed out sleigh riding in a foot of snow for hours and pulled through... Having snow ball fights with weightless snowballs in 10 degree temps for hours and my arm was fine...I'm a survivor...lol Of course we didn't have x-box back then, So we weren't sitting in front of a TV all day screaming and moving nothing but our hands...We were outside in the elements...Most of us survived....lol....Punishment back then was making you stay inside....Punishment now days is the opposite....Force them outside off the X-box and watch em whine..... Liberalization has destroyed this Country...The Generation of excuses....The Demize of a once great Country is upon us......The key in weather like this is pitch your whole staff and make sure your arm is lose...Very simple..I passed all winter long with my son over the years in 20 degree weather sometimes....Get lose...that's all...Just like football players with their legs playing in cold weather...No different...They go out and stretch and get lose so they wont pull a hamstring or muscle....I've never heard anyone say it's to cold for football today those boys are going to pull a leg muscle.....

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

it's too cold for football today, those boys are going to pull a leg muscle.

i had to say it so you could hear it just once!!! pull out the torpedo heaters and play ball!!!!! its the best time of the year.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Oak Hill vs. Westfall 1:00 p.m. Start Single game
At Oak Hill

PLAY BALL!!

For the Kids
Freshman Team

Post by For the Kids »

No reason why teams don't at least play one game with the sun out.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

oleblue52 wrote:I think the babies will be alright...When I was a kid I stayed out sleigh riding in a foot of snow for hours and pulled through... Having snow ball fights with weightless snowballs in 10 degree temps for hours and my arm was fine...I'm a survivor...lol Of course we didn't have x-box back then, So we weren't sitting in front of a TV all day screaming and moving nothing but our hands...We were outside in the elements...Most of us survived....lol....Punishment back then was making you stay inside....Punishment now days is the opposite....Force them outside off the X-box and watch em whine..... Liberalization has destroyed this Country...The Generation of excuses....The Demize of a once great Country is upon us......The key in weather like this is pitch your whole staff and make sure your arm is lose...Very simple..I passed all winter long with my son over the years in 20 degree weather sometimes....Get lose...that's all...Just like football players with their legs playing in cold weather...No different...They go out and stretch and get lose so they wont pull a hamstring or muscle....I've never heard anyone say it's to cold for football today those boys are going to pull a leg muscle.....
We old timers would even shovel snow to play basketball. Just do not make kids like they use to..........Mom would you turn the heat up to 78......my fingers are getting cold play X-box

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

It looks like Zane Trace and Eastern Brown are going to get after it at 1pm.

d-5
SEOPS HOF

Post by d-5 »

Fredthestreak wrote:Talk about Track on the Track Forum. Very, very weak world today. Excuses for everything.
Jello

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Snow on the ground in Belpre,still haven't heard whether or not game at 11:00 at Fort Frye is on or not.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

Oak Hill vs. Westfall Cancelled Due to SNOW and Cold Conditions!!!

This Snow Stuff is getting old!!! It's Baseball Season

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

Eaglepapaw wrote:Snow on the ground in Belpre,still haven't heard whether or not game at 11:00 at Fort Frye is on or not.
Washington County Tournament postponed. Belpre will now play Fort Frye on Monday at 5:00

jottings
SEOPS H

Post by jottings »

Any word on Gallipolis vs. Hillsboro-Batavia twinbill that was a scheduled scrimmage Saturday?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

The first high school game I ever played it was snowing large flakes, temps in low 30's and I had a sprained ankle.....it didn't go well

I don't have any problem with any cancellations today. Feels like 25 out trumps the sun.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Ironman92 wrote:The first high school game I ever played it was snowing large flakes, temps in low 30's and I had a sprained ankle.....it didn't go well

I don't have any problem with any cancellations today. Feels like 25 out trumps the sun.
The wind like to day can get to you fast.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Zane Trace 10
Eastern Brown 0

5 Inn

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

I stopped by this game. It was about 28 degrees, sun out and about a 10 mile an hour wind out of the North. Good enough conditions to play one game.

In an answer to some of the comments above. I go by Zane Trace all winter going to work. They have two large hills to sled. Very seldom I see anybody out doing that in the winter. 20 years ago those hills were full of kids.

Return to “Baseball”