Post 23 tryouts

captain ensano
Waterboy

Post 23 tryouts

Post by captain ensano »

Does anyone know when Post 23 tryouts are???? :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224 :12224

LetsGoPSU
SE

Re: Post 23 tryouts

Post by LetsGoPSU »

ttt maybe one day the weather will clear

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Heard no team this year

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

In the past most had a junior and a senior team. However I've noticed a big decline in numbers. Now most don't have a junior team and struggle to field a senior team. I would guess that all these travel teams are taking players away. Legion just isn't what it use to be especially in SE Ohio

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:In the past most had a junior and a senior team. However I've noticed a big decline in numbers. Now most don't have a junior team and struggle to field a senior team. I would guess that all these travel teams are taking players away. Legion just isn't what it use to be especially in SE Ohio
Biggest issue is FOOTBALL and BASKETBALL ... not travel teams. Nobody is playing anywhere except on the AAU circuit and 7-on-7's, which has become a sport in its own right the last 5 years or so.

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I guess I forgot about that issue also. Either way it seems Legion in our area is almost dead. Is 23 really not having a team this year?

93Bulldog
SEOPS HOF

Post by 93Bulldog »

athens78 wrote:I guess I forgot about that issue also. Either way it seems Legion in our area is almost dead. Is 23 really not having a team this year?
Legion is dead almost everywhere - not just in our area.

Summer baseball is dead - not just legion.

A lot of teams showed up at Beavers last year for the state tournament with depleted rosters (because of football or graduating seniors enrolling early at their respective colleges.)

athens78
All State

Post by athens78 »

I know a lot of friends that have kids on traveling or summer baseball teams and they play in tournaments all over the State which have anywhere from 20 to 50 teams in one tournament and those teams have full rosters. They also have cuts because of the amount of kids coming out for them. However baseball in general is done in numbers. Its not one of those high profile sports like basketball and football.

PinchRunner1
Waterboy

Post by PinchRunner1 »

It's because Baseball is a game that you actually have to "work" at. Not taking anything away from any other sports, but getting some buddies together and playing a game of pick-up basketball it's much more enticing than spending an hour in the cage hitting off of a tee. Another thing is that many kids these days haven't learned how to deal with failure. Parents have been quick to swoop in and make sure everything is alright with them if something goes wrong. And as we all know, baseball is a game of failure. You can fail 7 out of 10 times and still be considered successful. A lot of kids can't deal with that.

Rufus
JV Team

Post by Rufus »

PinchRunner1 wrote:It's because Baseball is a game that you actually have to "work" at. Not taking anything away from any other sports, but getting some buddies together and playing a game of pick-up basketball it's much more enticing than spending an hour in the cage hitting off of a tee. Another thing is that many kids these days haven't learned how to deal with failure. Parents have been quick to swoop in and make sure everything is alright with them if something goes wrong. And as we all know, baseball is a game of failure. You can fail 7 out of 10 times and still be considered successful. A lot of kids can't deal with that.
Great post.

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

baseballstud24 wrote:
PinchRunner1 wrote:It's because Baseball is a game that you actually have to "work" at. Not taking anything away from any other sports, but getting some buddies together and playing a game of pick-up basketball it's much more enticing than spending an hour in the cage hitting off of a tee. Another thing is that many kids these days haven't learned how to deal with failure. Parents have been quick to swoop in and make sure everything is alright with them if something goes wrong. And as we all know, baseball is a game of failure. You can fail 7 out of 10 times and still be considered successful. A lot of kids can't deal with that.
Great post.

yes, very good post

ironhead
Waterboy

Post by ironhead »

If anyone hears of any teams let me know, 18 u or 19u. Great right handed pitcher.. loves the game

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

Great Post.
Actually most of the time the kids can deal with failure, but the parents cannot.

PinchRunner1
Waterboy

Post by PinchRunner1 »

I think they deal with failure by accepting it. It seems as though it doesn't bother them, instead of digging at them and making them want to work harder. That's kind of how I was meaning it.

The biggest thing that worries me about that is the fact that in just a few short years, these teenagers will be out in "the real world". And we all know that "life" isn't always as forgiving as mom and dad can be. They can't be there forever to clean up the messes. And very rarely will your boss be forgiving if you fail over and over again.

Return to “Baseball”