All League, District & State?

bengalfan76
SE

Re: All League, District & State?

Post by bengalfan76 »

Im sure Any of the DIII ALL State Players will trade their certificates to the Burg players for their state rings.
Congrats to the Burg Team and Coach Estep and staff.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
danicalifornia wrote:
My guess is that enough local coaches voted for those 2 players and Coach Estep, but I believe there are either 2 or 3 less local coaches voting than there used to be, on top of no information makes it hard to vote for players.

There's no way that Elliot or Wamsley only get HM if information is given on those players, IMO.
As I said, SOMEBODY must have sent SOME info in at SOME time, otherwise, how would they have Elliot and Wamsley's names and info to vote on and why were they the ONLY names and info they had to vote on?
And if they did, in fact, have the info on Elliot and Wamsley, why just HM for consistant Final Four team performers ?

Perhaps 4th and Goal can enlighten us.
Unfortunately, I don't have any insight on this. It could be as mentioned, Coach Estep does not push for the individual awards and concentrates on the team aspect of winning. Although I agree that the team is most important, it would be nice to get a little individual recognition as well.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

baseball16 wrote: My take. Coach Estep does not care about ind awards. He's about team. And obviously it shows.
This, and 4th and Goal's concurrence sounds like logical reasoning from the coach to me. Apparently it works.
Thanks, guys.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Talked to the man about it today. He asked me to put on here....
We hope our program is well respected throughout Ohio. As long as the kids receive local recognition that is fine with him and most important. He and his team never talk about any of the Polls and could care less. They put the team before the individual.
Great talk with a great coach.

nice guy
Varsity

Post by nice guy »

I can see the weekly poll stuff, but not the players for All-Ohio. Hell, they don't come out until state tournament time.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

nice guy wrote:I can see the weekly poll stuff, but not the players for All-Ohio. Hell, they don't come out until state tournament time.
I can somewhat see your point there but I guess that old saying applies here:

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.... :)

Return to “Baseball”