All League, District & State?

F-4 Phantom
Varsity

Re: All League, District & State?

Post by F-4 Phantom »

To say the burg coach isn't the top coach is pure manure. No other coach comes close to reloading every year. I guess johnny got a trophy when playing on sobpar teams too.. :roll:

Charlie hustle
Freshman Team

Post by Charlie hustle »

BulldogCoach2012 wrote:Athens got 5 players on the All-TVC Ohio team.. Chris Ford, Jacob Schriner, Austin Howard, Casey Grimm, and Alex Staron. Chris Ford was named the co-offensive player of the year.. He hit .522 with 34 RBI's, 24 stolen bases and 5 homeruns. He was 3-1 with 3 saves on the mound.

How was he just co-offensive player of the year with those numbers? Who had numbers to match those? I guess it doesn't shock me, Roseberry from Southern batted over .500 when they voted and didn't make All District. I guess it is a secret who made All TVC down here in Racine cause we still don't know.

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

Does anyone have the rosters for the All-District game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

All Ohio for the SE District

Division 2

2nd Team
Justin Bailey- Gallia Academy
Jacob Horsley- Sheridan
Luke Parker- Unioto

Honorable Mention
Zach Corcoran- Waverly

Division 3

1st Team
Zach Farmer- Piketon

2nd Team
Kyle Auger- Portsmouth West
Adam Bricker- Portsmouth West

Honorable Mention
Alek Stonerock- Westfall
Kirk Yates- Adena

Division 4

2nd Team
Ryan Taylor- Southern
Michael Smith- Whiteoak

Honorable Mention
Gage Carraher- Whiteoak

Please don't kill the messanger Burg fans.

QBear
JV Team

Post by QBear »

You missed one Dani.

Jerrod Collins (Zane Trace)
First Team D3 All-Ohio
.538 (43-80) 10 HR 41 RBI 11 2B
1.050 Slug %

So much for BBCOR Bats! :)

swbaseballfan
All State

Post by swbaseballfan »

WOW...those are some good numbers

playtowin
Freshman Team

Post by playtowin »

Any results from the All-Ohio Academic teams?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

danicalifornia wrote:Please don't kill the messanger Burg fans.
Individual honors are nice, but the DIII State Champion trophy is worth a lot more!!

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

Division 3

1st Team
Zach Farmer- Piketon

2nd Team
Kyle Auger- Portsmouth West
Adam Bricker- Portsmouth West

Honorable Mention
Alek Stonerock- Westfall
Kirk Yates- Adena

Seriously??

No one from Wheelersburg even makes All State??

WOW!!!! Somebody really dropped the ball on this one. The team that WINS the DIII state title doesn't have any players worthy of making the All State team??

Talk about not getting any respect.

piratepride05
Freshman Team

Post by piratepride05 »

The only team with 30 or more wins this season in the state. A Junior pitcher who won 12 games (or 14, I can't remember) and had 4 saves to top of that. A freshman pitcher who throws a perfect game for 6 and a 1/3 innings in the STATE FINALS. Hard to believe not one player was recognized.

How are these honors selected?

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

You know what,in the words of the Rock, "they can take them awards, they can turn them sum....... sideways and they can shove them up their rooty poo candy azzessssssssss!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute crock? Moore out pitched Farmer in the Districts still yet Farmer makes first team?????????? That just blows. He doesn't face near the talent that Moore and Martin faced all season.

Also, Coach Estep not even winning COY in the SOC or the Distrcit is another reason why those awards are CROCK OF $%&%!!!!!!!!!!

Like was said above, Burg players and coaches don't need those awards, even though they are deserving. They will continue to prove there point on the field year in and year out.

Don't be surprised if they are not back to back state champions. They return IMO the two best pitchers in D III in Moore and Martin. The proof is in the pudding this past weekend. Moore 3 hit complete game shutout in the semis and Martin 2 outs away from what I could tell, the first perfect game in the state finals history pitches a 1 hit coplete game shutout. Back to back shutouts in the State. Has that ever been done?

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

yabba- The SVC sent 3 teams to the regionals and another 2 in the districts, all of those teams Farmer faced this year. Farmer also loses 1-0 to Burg if his teammates tag out the man he picked off. He's deserving of all the honors he gets and faces great talent all year.

With that being said, the Burg always has players that deserve All Ohio, but they must get nominated. So, you may want to take that up with who does the nominations for their team...Coach Estep.

I'm sure back to back shutouts have been done, but I doubt the way that Burg did it, with 2 different pitchers. Usually a team will bring back their ace to finish the last 3 innings, but man, Martin pitched a whale of a ballgame yesterday(and Moore did the game before too)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

piratepride05 wrote:The only team with 30 or more wins this season in the state. A Junior pitcher who won 12 games (or 14, I can't remember) and had 4 saves to top of that. A freshman pitcher who throws a perfect game for 6 and a 1/3 innings in the STATE FINALS. Hard to believe not one player was recognized.

How are these honors selected?
Grand Valley finished 30-2. And Moore went 13-0, which is ridiculous! Has he lost a game in HS?

All Ohio is selected by a panel of coaches from around the state. They vote based on nominations from coaches around the state. You nominate your own players and submit information for the other coaches to vote on.

theburgtheword
Varsity

Post by theburgtheword »

A voting coach told me that Wheelersburg sends NO information throughout the state about their players.

Charge
Varsity

Post by Charge »

I have seen a lot of very good players left off and a lot of average players make these league, district and state awards. If the coaches control this , there are a lot of coaches not doing a very good job of nominating the right players or get the information out. It is a shame so many players bust their tales to have great seasons only to get it put to them at the end. They deserve better than this.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

yabbadabbadoo wrote:You know what,in the words of the Rock, "they can take them awards, they can turn them sum....... sideways and they can shove them up their rooty poo candy azzessssssssss!!!!!!!!!

What an absolute crock? Moore out pitched Farmer in the Districts still yet Farmer makes first team?????????? That just blows. He doesn't face near the talent that Moore and Martin faced all season.

Also, Coach Estep not even winning COY in the SOC or the Distrcit is another reason why those awards are CROCK OF $%&%!!!!!!!!!!

Like was said above, Burg players and coaches don't need those awards, even though they are deserving. They will continue to prove there point on the field year in and year out.

Don't be surprised if they are not back to back state champions. They return IMO the two best pitchers in D III in Moore and Martin. The proof is in the pudding this past weekend. Moore 3 hit complete game shutout in the semis and Martin 2 outs away from what I could tell, the first perfect game in the state finals history pitches a 1 hit coplete game shutout. Back to back shutouts in the State. Has that ever been done?
This statement makes me laugh. As a voter I did in fact vote for both Moore and Hall for first team. In the three years I have voted I have voted for other Burg kids. Maybe you should point your anger elsewhere instead of badmouthing the kids who did infact make it.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

teamwork wrote:A voting coach told me that Wheelersburg sends NO information throughout the state about their players.

They must send in some info sometime.

In 2011 when they went to the Final Four, there were no Wheelersburg players listed at any level of the All State team.

But in 2010 they again went to the Final Four and Andrew Elliott of Wheelersburg was named on the Honorable Mention team for D3.

And in 2008 (also in the Final Four) Coach Estep was voted D-3 State COY and Adam Wamsley of Wheelersburg was listed as an Honorable Mention player.

So at some time they must be sending info in on at least some of the players.

It does seem odd that a team that goes to the Final Four 3 consecutive years and 4 of the last 5 years and wins the State Championship doesn't get at least one player on the 1st or 2nd team.

Perhaps 4th and Goal (who usually has some of the inside skinny on the Pirates) can shed some light on the situation.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

BigOrangeOne wrote:
teamwork wrote:A voting coach told me that Wheelersburg sends NO information throughout the state about their players.

They must send in some info sometime.

In 2011 when they went to the Final Four, there were no Wheelersburg players listed at any level of the All State team.

But in 2010 they again went to the Final Four and Andrew Elliott of Wheelersburg was named on the Honorable Mention team for D3.

And in 2008 (also in the Final Four) Coach Estep was voted D-3 State COY and Adam Wamsley of Wheelersburg was listed as an Honorable Mention player.

So at some time they must be sending info in on at least some of the players.

My guess is that enough local coaches voted for those 2 players and Coach Estep, but I believe there are either 2 or 3 less local coaches voting than there used to be, on top of no information makes it hard to vote for players.

There's no way that Elliot or Wamsley only get HM if information is given on those players, IMO.

BigOrangeOne
S

Post by BigOrangeOne »

danicalifornia wrote:

My guess is that enough local coaches voted for those 2 players and Coach Estep, but I believe there are either 2 or 3 less local coaches voting than there used to be, on top of no information makes it hard to vote for players.

There's no way that Elliot or Wamsley only get HM if information is given on those players, IMO.
As I said, SOMEBODY must have sent SOME info in at SOME time, otherwise, how would they have Elliot and Wamsley's names and info to vote on and why were they the ONLY names and info they had to vote on?
And if they did, in fact, have the info on Elliot and Wamsley, why just HM for consistant Final Four team performers ?

Perhaps 4th and Goal can enlighten us.

baseball16
All State

Post by baseball16 »

I'll she'd some light on it. I've been a voter in the past and never once received info on burg players . I voted for them because I knew them. My take. Coach Estep does not care about ind awards. He's about team. And obviously it shows. Don't knock me, just giving what I think. Lol.

Tough for coaches in other districts to vote on players they don't know about.

Return to “Baseball”