Riding the Bench

college commitments

Post by ou22 »

who is commited and where?

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Re: college commitments

Post by Bandwagoner »

i heard zach farmer is going to attend OU-C!! congrats to a fine young man, just had a few character issues.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

good job farmer OU-C is a great college for that young man and his character issues will eventually heal as he matures......

Jon B
Riding the Bench

Post by Jon B »

I disagree.. I think Zach Farmer's attitude, has changed greatly. He has become a fine young man.. The kid should have went bigger IMO. But if he likes it there, i hope for the best... Congrats Zach.
http://c.editingmyspace.com/files/fr/br ... vo_021.gif

ou22
Riding the Bench

Post by ou22 »

OU-C???? haha that seems as an understatement for the kid! from what ive heard the kid has D-1 offers! why would he pick a community college? but best of luck to zach farmer at OU-C!

Bandwagoner
Freshman Team

Post by Bandwagoner »

i think its a nice fit, especially with his grade and maturity issues.

NOREDHEADS
Waterboy

Post by NOREDHEADS »

I agree. I don't know why he would go to a college like OU-C where he wouldn't start. It's a shame!

NOREDHEADS
Waterboy

Post by NOREDHEADS »

I agree! I don't know why he would go to a college like OU-C where he wouldn't start. It's a shame!

rickoshay
SEOP

Post by rickoshay »

Is that O. U. Chilly?

Farr
Riding the Bench

Post by Farr »

I have never seen this young man throw, but in response to those that think this is a negative. There are a lot of D1 level recruits who choose to attend Community Colleges. They get immediate playing time, as opposed to waiting sometimes until their Junior years. They also have the opportunity to refine themselves and better prepare for a D1 programs expectations. Also, if he is in fact a gem in the making, there are virtually zero limitations about the draft if you choose a Community College. You also have the opportunity to "get your name" out there because many Community Colleges travel and play some top level southern schools during spring trips. We all know how well our kids around here get the short end of the stick in recruiting. Who wants to look at 3 players in the SE District when you can go to Columbus and look at 20 kids within 20 miles as opposed to traveling 150 mile round trips to see ours. Good Luck to him whatever path he chooses to take.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Nice funny guys Zach not going to OUC

crazymidgets
All Conference

Post by crazymidgets »

Lol the osu pitching coach is going to be upset about this.

NOREDHEADS
Waterboy

Post by NOREDHEADS »

I think he has the potential to go to a D1 college, but his lack of maturity is really weighing him down.

duck butter
Freshman Team

Post by duck butter »

farmer will probably go to osu heard there pitching coach was at practice the other day he is a cant miss prospect

NOREDHEADS
Waterboy

Post by NOREDHEADS »

It would be best for him to go to the pros. OSU Fantic seems to be really close with this Farmer kid.

fan_of_swankerpine
Freshman Team

Post by fan_of_swankerpine »

Supreme wrote:It would be best for him to go to the pros. OSU Fantic seems to be really close with this Farmer kid.
I just heard on the mlb network last night that kids should play at least 2 years of college before going pro. They said that if you try to make it straight out of high school you have less than a 1% chance of making it anywhere. A lot of times these kids that get drafted from high school end up being the players used just to make a full roster in the lower levels of pro ball. They stay for a couple years and quit because they realize they won't make it anywhere.

OneBunter
Freshman Team

Post by OneBunter »

In seeing Zach Farmer pitch, there is no doubt that this young man has the potential to play at the next level. I have not met the young man personally, but we all know that maturity comes with age!! I agree, he should probably attend college, but if he should get a shot at going pro, I hope there will be someone there to look out for his well being. So many good young arms get ruined in the pros, for their physical bodies have not yet matured enough to handle the grind of pro ball.
Prime example Strasburgh of the Senators!!! Also I think Mr. Farmer needs to fine tune some things pertaining to his pitching mechanics!!
Zach, I wish you the very best for this season and the future!! Hope you have the success you are looking for. Just remember the key to anything is listening, being a student of the game and most of all hardwork. From what I have heard you have a very good start on these qualities. Again, best of luck to you!!!

Return to “Baseball”