Chesapeake's baseball schedule

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Chesapeake's baseball schedule

Post by PEAKE POWER »

Can someone please post Chesapeake's 2012 baseball schedule. I have yet to be able to find it. THANKS

pantherdad
JV Team

Re: Chesapeake's baseball schedule

Post by pantherdad »

I'm trying to get one. If someone doesn't beat me to it, I'll post it out here.

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

After a week of practice I know its early but how are the boys looking? I'm sure there are still players who haven't yet made it to practice due to the hoops success. More than wins and losses this team needs an attitude of hard work and a desire to get better daily(something they tell me that was lacking a year ago).

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

PEAKE POWER wrote:After a week of practice I know its early but how are the boys looking? I'm sure there are still players who haven't yet made it to practice due to the hoops success. More than wins and losses this team needs an attitude of hard work and a desire to get better daily(something they tell me that was lacking a year ago).
Coaches definitely have the future in mind with this team. If I had to project, I would say 4-5 seniors, 1 junior, and 3 freshmen will start. Maybe a sophomore or another junior sneaks in, but at least 4 freshmen are battling for starting spots. Pitching looks like it will have 2 seniors, a junior and 3 freshmen as the top 6. Next year, it is not out of the question to have 5 sophomores and 2 freshmen in the lineup.

One trouble spot is catcher. Both Noble boys will be spending time behind the plate...but both are seniors. Nobody really waiting in the wings. Next year, a couple of freshmen will probably be behind the plate. There is some potential in the freshmen ranks this year, but not much real experience.

Coaches are looking to a couple of years from now for real success. Wins will be tough this year and next. But once this group of freshmen have a couple of seasons under their belt, and the group that is in 8th grade now makes it up, competing in the OVC again is definitely attainable.

PEAKE POWER
Freshman Team

Post by PEAKE POWER »

In my opinion its exciting to hear that it looks as if some young guys will be on the field. When your in rebuilding mode the best way is to play these young guys early and in a few years you will have a veteran team with a much greater expectation and great leadership. Who are some of these young freshman and where do they play?

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

PEAKE POWER wrote:In my opinion its exciting to hear that it looks as if some young guys will be on the field. When your in rebuilding mode the best way is to play these young guys early and in a few years you will have a veteran team with a much greater expectation and great leadership. Who are some of these young freshman and where do they play?
While no positions have been "won" yet, freshmen frontrunners are Lester at shortstop while Arthur and Curry are battling at 3rd. Ross has impressed as a middle infielder and in the outfield. Other freshmen including Henson, Eddy and Kitchen are working hard and will all be a big part of the Panthers' future. All will see playing time this year.

From a pitching standpoint, Lester, Curry and Arthur will all see action. Curry has the bigger arm, but Lester is a polished pitcher with above average velocity for his age as well as a solid change up and very good curve ball. Arthur has decent velocity and a good curve ball. Henson has also pitched well in the past, but I haven't seen or heard of him throwing much yet. I haven't actualy seen Curry throw, but all indications are he brings it pretty good.

These four, with a few more very solid arms coming up next year, will anchor a staff that will be as good and deep as any in the OVC in a couple of years.

I don't want to dismiss the abilities of the sophomores and juniors, but only one of that group is in an obvious starter role at this point.

Three more weeks of hard practicing for all of this to get sorted out.

Peake Baseball
Waterboy

Post by Peake Baseball »

Can anyone tell a "predicted" starting lineup for the Peake this season?

pantherdad
JV Team

Post by pantherdad »

Schedule posted in new topic.

Scrimmages this week will probably set the final lineup. Right now, my feeling is:

1B Still open, with Ransbottom (Sr) probably the front runner
2B Walters (Jr) probable starter
SS Lester (Fr) probable starter
3B Curry (Fr) probable starter
C B. Noble (Sr) probable starter; T. Noble (Sr) primary backup
OF T. Noble (Sr) probable starter. Also would expect Bare (Sr) to be in the outfield when not pitching.

2 outfield spots are wide open, waiting for someone to step in and claim them.

Pitching staff will be getting some hard looks in the upcoming scrimmages. Probable staff members:

Bare (Sr), B. Noble (Sr), Walters (Jr), Lester (Fr), Curry (Fr), Arthur (Fr), Henson (Fr). Obviously, very young. More young arms coming next year. Would be nice if a couple of other upper classmen could add to this group.

Still time for jobs to be won and lost. This coming week will be big.

Go Peake!

tacidle
Waterboy

Post by tacidle »

next game is Monday April 2, 2012 at Coal Grove

tacidle
Waterboy

Post by tacidle »

next Game for the panthers is Monday April 2, 2012 at Coal Grove

Return to “Baseball”