Marietta vs. Waverly at Unioto - District Final

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Marietta vs. Waverly at Unioto - District Final

Post by G&B from huddle »

Waverly has looked very good in the tournament so far. Robo has been lights out on the hill, we are tagging the ball and defense is making the plays. Haven't seen Marietta but if they have made this far they must be a very solid ball club. This one should be a dandy. I hope to see everybody there Wednesday night.

Any other thoughts?

Black Panther
SEO

Re: Marietta vs. Waverly at Unioto - District Final

Post by Black Panther »

It's a shame this one is'nt being played at the VA, but they have bigger things going on Wed.night.That being said, what type of baseball facility does Unioto have? Seating & etc.Hope to make it out.Thanks!

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

BP- You really haven't seen Unioto's field?

Beautiful HS field, was better last year, but a flood wiped out much of the infield, but it still looks great. 3 sets of bleachers on each side of the press box and 1 more set down each baseline.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

danicalifornia wrote:BP- You really haven't seen Unioto's field?

Beautiful HS field, was better last year, but a flood wiped out much of the infield, but it still looks great. 3 sets of bleachers on each side of the press box and 1 more set down each baseline.

No,not the new refurbished one.My high school team played out there a long time ago in the districts.My cousin is a Waverly alum so we'll most likely be there Wed. night.Thanks!

Crazy Legs
Freshman Team

Post by Crazy Legs »

I will give the edge to waverly. Without Brockmeir (sp) throwing for Marietta they drop off allot. While Waverly will probaly throw Martin who would be a #1 starter on allot of other teams this year. Still should be a good game.

my guess:

Waverly 8
Marietta 4

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Unioto has one the top high school fields in Southern Ohio.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Best of luck to Coach Noble and the Tigers. Bring the District Title to Tiger Town.

Bobby k
Freshman Team

Post by Bobby k »

Just some interesting (yet useless) info here that looks to give the emotional edge to Waverly:

Waverly won the district championship in 1997, then again in 2003....anyone see a pattern here???

G&B from huddle
JV Team

Post by G&B from huddle »

bobbyk,
I didn't realize that but I'll buy it every little thing helps.

As far as the fied goes - it is second to none! For a high school field is surpasses any field I've been to with possible of execpetion of Pick Central's complex for regional softball, but even there belacher seasting is at a premium.
I will make a bold prediction now the Tigers will win this game.

tigersfan88
Varsity

Post by tigersfan88 »

Crazy Legs wrote:I will give the edge to waverly. Without Brockmeir (sp) throwing for Marietta they drop off allot. While Waverly will probaly throw Martin who would be a #1 starter on allot of other teams this year. Still should be a good game.

you are very wrong sir. Bauman will be starting and he is either 5-0 or 6-0 on the season. With two of those wins coming against Cambridge and Fort Frye which are both very good teams. He had a no-hitter going into the 6th inning against Fort Frye earlier this year

Ace
Freshman Team

Post by Ace »

tigersfan88 wrote:
Crazy Legs wrote:I will give the edge to waverly. Without Brockmeir (sp) throwing for Marietta they drop off allot. While Waverly will probaly throw Martin who would be a #1 starter on allot of other teams this year. Still should be a good game.

you are very wrong sir. Bauman will be starting and he is either 5-0 or 6-0 on the season. With two of those wins coming against Cambridge and Fort Frye which are both very good teams. He had a no-hitter going into the 6th inning against Fort Frye earlier this year

Why would Marietta be without this kid on the mound? Is he out of innings?
How many innings is Robertson allowed to pitch if he's needed?
Last edited by Ace on Tue May 19, 2009 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mtiger24
Waterboy

Post by mtiger24 »

Brockmeier threw all 8 innings last night on three days rest, after throwing 130 pitches on 2 days rest. It is assumed he will not throw on 1 days rest.

roundingthird
JV Team

Post by roundingthird »

Iv'e said this before and I'll say it again, Waverly has one of the best 1-9 that I have seen in a while at the plate. Last night the bottom of the order came through big with clutch hits from the 8 & 9 holes.

I just don't see Waverly losing this game, hot bats, playin solid D and I'm sure Martin will do a fine job on the hill.

toast
All State

Post by toast »

For those that are interested:

1.7) No player may pitch in more than 10 innings in a three day period. Any part of an
inning counts as one inning. (Regular season and tournament games)

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Black Panther wrote:It's a shame this one is'nt being played at the VA, but they have bigger things going on Wed.night.That being said, what type of baseball facility does Unioto have? Seating & etc.Hope to make it out.Thanks!

Unioto Field is the D III Field of the Year. Unioto has had the award for the past 4 years in both DII and DIII. Playing surface is great. If you can not play at the VA Unioto is the next best field in SE OHIO.

Zanes-Vegas
Varsity

Post by Zanes-Vegas »

Good luck, Tigers.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Marietta has come a long way since the first game of the season. It would be interesting to see Robertson vs Brockmeier going head to head but that will not happen. I'm sure that Waverly's #2 is what he is said to be and Mike Bauman has been pitching well for Marietta. I would love to see Coach Burke make it to Regionals! He is a great coach and a better person.

I am pulling for Marietta in this one but Waverly has got to be the favorite. But anything can happen, that's why they go ahead and play the game.

soccerfix
Varsity

Post by soccerfix »

Zanes-Vegas wrote:Good luck, Tigers.

Which tigers?

Tigerfan31
Riding the Bench

Post by Tigerfan31 »

I am unable to make the game tonight to support the Waverly Tigers. The tigers will need flawless defense and a good start of Harrison Martin tonight to get the victory. Hopefully we don't have any mental lapses on the bases. Keep the Hit Train going Waverly. Hopefully the Waverly faithful will be able to watch you play in the regionals.

Tigers24
Freshman Team

Post by Tigers24 »

Tigerfan31 wrote:I am unable to make the game tonight to support the Waverly Tigers. The tigers will need flawless defense and a good start of Harrison Martin tonight to get the victory. Hopefully we don't have any mental lapses on the bases. Keep the Hit Train going Waverly. Hopefully the Waverly faithful will be able to watch you play in the regionals.

100.1 or 100.9 will carry the game.

Return to “Baseball”