Waterford 9/9
Wahama 9/3

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
tomcat82
Freshman Team

Re: Trimble Volleyball Scores

Post by tomcat82 »

it seems to me there is no consistency in this team. Losing to Miller and winning at Eastern................ in junior high they were fun to watch now it is a struggle to even get involved in the volleyball match.......................WOW

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

tomcat82 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:19 pm it seems to me there is no consistency in this team. Losing to Miller and winning at Eastern................ in junior high they were fun to watch now it is a struggle to even get involved in the volleyball match.......................WOW
You say, "in junior high they were fun to watch" I assume you are speaking of the almighty sophomore class. I understand there are some talented kids in that group but, There hasn't been a time when I have seen the floor with only those sophomore's on it. They are forced to play with a mixture of freshmen, juniors, and seniors. This happens at schools everywhere. When you get to high school there are four different classes combined to make up a single TEAM and you don't get to play just your grade anymore. Yes they were pretty good in grade school and junior high but those days have moved past us and you need to stop bringing those days back up every time you post something. I think given a real chance the entire group of girls can be successful but they need support from everyone and all the negative things that they constantly here about their coaches has to stop. I think if you just go to the games with an open mind, you will find they are still a lot of fun to watch.

I am not a Burrows fan but, I am a BURROW fan!
Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

I mean this guy ask for scores that's it

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

BTW Channel 15 rocks, Joe and Betty and Jim have done a lot for this community!

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

I have scores from last night
Set 1 27-25 Eastern
Set 2 28-26 wee cats
Set 3 25-21 wee cats
Set 4 25-12 Eastern
Set 5 15-11 wee cats
Wee cats win in 5 sets

#stoplying
#whatmakesyouthinkimfromtrimble

Tomcat4Life
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat4Life »

So proud of my Trimble Tomcats - great team this year, big wins already, talent top/down (with a bright future ahead) and a great coach! What else could you ask for? Go Cats!

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Really enjoy watching the JV coach. He seems to have a great group of girls!! I think they have a pretty good record. Does anyone know what it is?

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

tomcat82 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:20 pm Really enjoy watching the JV coach. He seems to have a great group of girls!! I think they have a pretty good record. Does anyone know what it is?
Maybe you should spend more time watching the girls play the game and less time watching the coach! The JV does have a really good record and will add another win tonight. The game starts at six, you should stop by and actually watch the girls play and ignore the coach.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Hey ol red how did the girls do last night didn't get to make it last night I heard they won just wondering if it was good coaching or the girls finally did what the wanted and set up there own rotation

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

Shotgun red wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:49 pm
tomcat82 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 3:20 pm Really enjoy watching the JV coach. He seems to have a great group of girls!! I think they have a pretty good record. Does anyone know what it is?
Maybe you should spend more time watching the girls play the game and less time watching the coach! The JV does have a really good record and will add another win tonight. The game starts at six, you should stop by and actually watch the girls play and ignore the coach.
So your telling me he does not know how to coach? I was at the game last night and watched the JV team and they were impressive and listened to what he had to say. I am not the only one that feels he knows what he is doing. The Varsity looked good last night and the best part was a non starter came off the bench and dominated.

tomcat82
Freshman Team

Post by tomcat82 »

I am very sports oriented so I know when a coach is good. Look at the Alexander Volleyball Coach and program very impressive!!!

Tomcat4Life
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat4Life »

Bone dust wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:20 am Hey ol red how did the girls do last night didn't get to make it last night I heard they won just wondering if it was good coaching or the girls finally did what the wanted and set up there own rotation

Both! Great coaching and the girls showed up to play, can't happen without both of those. (why would they set their own rotation? have you been to a volleyball game before?)

The Fed Hock sweep and Eastern wins were amazing, can't remember a Trimble team in the past 10 years doing that, woo hoo!

Tomcat4Life
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat4Life »

tomcat82 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 3:51 pm
I am very sports oriented so I know when a coach is good. Look at the Alexander Volleyball Coach and program very impressive!!!
Alexander is still looking up at Vinton County after their loss two weeks ago, not sure if they'll catch them. Vinton beat them in 5 and is still undefeated in conference play. Alexander is doing pretty good though, we'll see what happens.

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

Tomcat4Life wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:11 am
Bone dust wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:20 am Hey ol red how did the girls do last night didn't get to make it last night I heard they won just wondering if it was good coaching or the girls finally did what the wanted and set up there own rotation

Both! Great coaching and the girls showed up to play, can't happen without both of those. (why would they set their own rotation? have you been to a volleyball game before?)

The Fed Hock sweep and Eastern wins were amazing, can't remember a Trimble team in the past 10 years doing that, woo hoo!
You obviously haven't been on this forum much it's kind of a running joke people saying coach is no good and not playing the right players I say it takes them all as well whooooo

Shotgun red
Riding the Bench

Post by Shotgun red »

Really disappointed with the way things played out last night! Good luck to the Lady Cats the rest of the way. Keep fighting girls!!!

Bone dust
Freshman Team

Post by Bone dust »

I can see why you would be disappointed very inconsistent play right now

Tomcat4Life
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat4Life »

Bone dust wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 pm

You obviously haven't been on this forum much it's kind of a running joke people saying coach is no good and not playing the right players I say it takes them all as well whooooo

The last 3 or 4 coaches consistently lost to Eastern and Fed Hock... I'll take our coach any day, feels great to win again!

Tomcat4Life
Waterboy

Post by Tomcat4Life »

Shotgun red wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 10:56 am Really disappointed with the way things played out last night! Good luck to the Lady Cats the rest of the way. Keep fighting girls!!!
Huge disappointment - good thing they still have another game against Eastern tomorrow, this weekend (NY) and a big one Tuesday with Waterford. They're right there... could be prime for a big post-season run too!

stoplying77
Waterboy

Post by stoplying77 »

Tomcat4Life wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:20 pm
Bone dust wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:24 pm

The last 3 or 4 coaches consistently lost to Eastern and Fed Hock... I'll take our coach any day, feels great to win again!
I am not 100%, but didn’t Caldwell win the TVC? Don’t think your 3 or 4 coach thing is accurate.

It’s the end of the season. Hope the girls are able to make a run in tourney play.

Return to “Volleyball”