Scioto Valley Conference League Race

se-alum
All Conference

Re: Scioto Valley Conference League Race

Post by se-alum »

rocket20 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:05 pm I get that too but at 2-18 your not going to really get a favorable match up anyway. You're going to play a top team no matter what. I know the oak hill coach is young and never coached before(I believe) so therefore never been in this situation so I would maybe just chalk it up to inexperience
Best chance doesn't necessarily mean good chance.

Ultimately the seed doesn't matter much, if you're the best team, you'll be fine. The biggest part is feeling disrespected. When you have a season like SE did, and don't get the respect you deserve, you get a little salty. It's human nature.

Fireball8
Waterboy

Post by Fireball8 »

The OH team coach now understands the reprucussions of not doing the homework on teams, players, & coaches.

Part of SE success is having a passionate coach to winning...not just making people happy.

Happy time is over...it’s time to win and the OH coach should understand the SHE put her kids in the way of a passionate coach.

Not sure if Hutton regrets saying it, but I understand his remarks somewhat. Pointing that the coach from OH did not do a better job preparing for high school tournament. Not necessarily pointing out the kids as the target of his comments.

Just my opinion.

rocket20
Freshman Team

Post by rocket20 »

I agree that the coaches shouldn't be voting. I don't have a problem with him feeling disrespected about the seed or if he wanted to make a comment saying he felt that way about the oak hill coach voting them low. I also understand he's passionate about winning as coaches should be but win with a little class and just move on and prove yourself on the court is all I'm saying. I never said anything about him having to make people happy either. Let's change the context and take sports out of it. You have a 16-17 year old daughter and you send her to the store. She calls you and says there is a grown man down here dogging the poop out of me. Embarrassing me in front of everyone. Would you tell her to just suck it up? Just tell her oh that guy is really passionate about getting a good deal. He loves him some coupons. Just stand back and take it. Or would you be down there in a heartbeat ready to throws hands and defend her? So like I have stated I didn't have a problem with making a comment about feeling it was too low of a seed. Oak hill coach is grown and can defend herself. Just crazy to me that he went after the kids. Just my opinion.

Oakhead
Waterboy

Post by Oakhead »

Does the coach from Southeastern teach at the school? If so, I’m surprised a teacher would make those kinds of comments about kids.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Fireball8 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:31 am The OH team coach now understands the reprucussions of not doing the homework on teams, players, & coaches.

Part of SE success is having a passionate coach to winning...not just making people happy.

Happy time is over...it’s time to win and the OH coach should understand the SHE put her kids in the way of a passionate coach.

Not sure if Hutton regrets saying it, but I understand his remarks somewhat. Pointing that the coach from OH did not do a better job preparing for high school tournament. Not necessarily pointing out the kids as the target of his comments.

Just my opinion.
There is a fine line between being passionate and arrogant, to me those comments come off as the latter. Hopefully it was just a one time lapse of judgement and speaking in the moment. I am sure he realizes it was a mistake and regrets it. No one denies the commitment Coach Hutton has and he has done an excellent job improving the program the last few years. He was the right hire to take over a district runner up team and continues to build off that early success, he has done just that, they Keep improving and Hopefully it continues the rest of this season and into the next few years.
time to move on, prepare for the finals tomorrow and keep rolling along.
Last edited by KRS on Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:18 pm, edited 5 times in total.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Oakhead wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:14 pm Does the coach from Southeastern teach at the school? If so, I’m surprised a teacher would make those kinds of comments about kids.
No

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Southeastern took care of business in straight sets over a much improved Nelsonville team . Keep rolling along , one game at a time.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Adena, Huntington, Paint Valley, Southeastern, Unioto, Zane Trace all advance to the District Tournament. Piketon lost to a league school and Westfall lost to an undefeated Wheelersburg.

Very solid start.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Unioto and Zane trace took care of business in straight sets. Southeastern outlasted Huntington in 5.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

SE has struggled a bit in the last couple matches against quality opponents(Unioto & Huntington). Too many unforced errors. Two freshmen, Wheeler & Lougheed really stepped up last night I thought. I think the best SE teams are yet to come with that corp of Wheeler, Lougheed, and Lockwood. Gonna be another tough match against ZT I believe. Hopefully they can clean up their game.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Paint Valley knocks off top seed Waterford in 5! 4 SVC teams in the District Finals

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Looks like the Huntington scare was just what the Panthers needed and took care of Zane Trace in straight sets. Best of luck in the regionals, will be playing a newbie to the regional level, hopefully be an advantage for the Panthers. Keep rolling along.

Unioto put up a good fight in sets 3 and 4 just took them a while to get started, congrats on being the District runner-up and co- SVC champs.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Keep it going Panthers! Good luck in the Regionals!

Great season for Unioto, just can’t get out of the gate that slowly against a really good team like Sheridan.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

SE a combined 6-0 on the season against the two teams that were seeded above them...lol!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

According to max preps, SE should be the favorite in this match up with Highland, maybe even in the entire region, Tuscawarus Valley only returns 3 players off last years championship team but at this level you better bring your ~A~ game. Best of luck.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Good luck to the Lady Panthers tonight!

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

Congrats to the Panthers, on a hard fought win. like their chances against either team in the finals Saturday. One game at a time.
Sounded like Bolte, Skeens, and Lougheed, all played big at the net and the back row handled their business. keep rolling along, hopefully get another chance at Tusky Valley.

Return to “Volleyball”