2017 SVC Thoughts/Predictions

mattash
Site Admin

2017 SVC Thoughts/Predictions

Post by mattash »

Keep the topics going, what is everyone returning and what is everyone's 2017 outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
KRS
JV Team

Re: 2017 SVC Thoughts/Predictions

Post by KRS »

With what teams have returning , I would think the title will be between Unioto , Southeastern, and Adena.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

I think it comes down to SE and Unioto in the SVC, with SE having a big coaching advantage and the best hitter in the league.

The Tankster
Waterboy

Post by The Tankster »

Top 3
Unioto, SE, Adena in that order

Middle of the pack
ZT, Piketon

Bottom
Huntington, PV, Westfall in that order

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

1.Southeastern ( coaching staff, skilled players, hungry 🏐 )

2. Adena ( Laura Smith )
3. Unioto ( love the new coach but will have growing pains )

4. Huntington ( Tina Black )
5. Piketon ( Chandler kid is good with some help around her )
6. Zane Trace ( new coach time to build )
7. Westfall ( ???? )
8. Paint Valley ( another new coach ..... ? )

Early thoughts, Adena tourney will show some stuff

Bastogne
Freshman Team

Post by Bastogne »

New coach at Unioto?

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

I was told Natalie Stulley ( formerly Miller ) she played for the U in 90's and was a stud middle. Aaron Ridenour left to coach at Logan Elm and Cindy ( jv ) took the ZT job I think. Somebody correct me please if wrong, I have not read it anywhere yet. SVC is a great league year in and year out for vb 🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐!

redchair
Waterboy

Post by redchair »

Adena
SE
Unioto
ZT
Huntington
Piketon
WF
PV

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Bret Wrightsel wrote: ↑Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:49 pm I was told Natalie Stulley ( formerly Miller ) she played for the U in 90's and was a stud middle. Aaron Ridenour left to coach at Logan Elm and Cindy ( jv ) took the ZT job I think. Somebody correct me please if wrong, I have not read it anywhere yet. SVC is a great league year in and year out for vb 🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐!
This is correct.

Rumored that they reached out to Hutton, and he turned it down.

The Tankster
Waterboy

Post by The Tankster »

se-alum wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm
Bret Wrightsel wrote: ↑Tue Jun 27, 2017 12:49 pm I was told Natalie Stulley ( formerly Miller ) she played for the U in 90's and was a stud middle. Aaron Ridenour left to coach at Logan Elm and Cindy ( jv ) took the ZT job I think. Somebody correct me please if wrong, I have not read it anywhere yet. SVC is a great league year in and year out for vb 🏐🏐🏐🏐🏐!
This is correct.

That doesn't make sense. Why would anyone choose to stay at SE if they could coach at The U? Unioto will always have deeper teams because of the amount of athletes to choose from.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Tankster wrote: ↑Sat Jul 01, 2017 12:44 pm
se-alum wrote: ↑Thu Jun 29, 2017 2:12 pm
This is correct.

That doesn't make sense. Why would anyone choose to stay at SE if they could coach at The U? Unioto will always have deeper teams because of the amount of athletes to choose from.
Maybe it never happened, but that came from someone within the program.

Perhaps Hutton just wants to see through what he's been building at SE. He wouldn't have a hard time finding a job at a bigger school if he ever wanted it.

redchair
Waterboy

Post by redchair »

The SVC is probably the best league in southeastern Ohio.
Last edited by redchair on Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bret Wrightsel
Riding the Bench

Post by Bret Wrightsel »

Hutton is a builder ( program ) and he is not done yet. Although the U job can be inviting when you are building a program and see it growing and experiencing success you want to see it through. I understand his decision to stay and the kids he has invested in are all in so he feels a level of commitment to them,parents,school, administration and you can't just drop and go.

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Not that this a prediction for the upcoming season but I saw on WKKJ that Unioto beat Logan Elm to win the Adena Summer Volleyball Tournament. I know that Southeastern was in the same pool as Unioto. Do not know any other results. If somebody does please post.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

bsee12345 wrote: ↑Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:07 pm Not that this a prediction for the upcoming season but I saw on WKKJ that Unioto beat Logan Elm to win the Adena Summer Volleyball Tournament. I know that Southeastern was in the same pool as Unioto. Do not know any other results. If somebody does please post.
Skeens did not play for SE.

KRS
JV Team

Post by KRS »

If Southeastern is going to win the league in the near future, they have a nice core returning this year and it would be their best chance, if Skeens plays. if not, it will probably be a two team battle with Unioto and adena for the title. With Southeastern, Piketon, Huntington, Roundig out the top 5.

Sid Farkus
Freshman Team

Post by Sid Farkus »

KRS wrote: ↑Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:42 pm If Southeastern is going to win the league in the near future, they have a nice core returning this year and it would be their best chance, if Skeens plays. if not, it will probably be a two team battle with Unioto and adena for the title. With Southeastern, Piketon, Huntington, Roundig out the top 5.
Skeens is playing. She couldn't be at Adena because she was traveling playing basketball.

Return to β€œVolleyball”