Looking forward to 2011

run-n-gun
Varsity

Looking forward to 2011

Post by run-n-gun »

In your opinion, who are gonna be some of the better teams next year? The usual teams are Alexander, Adena, Eastern Pike and Reedsville, Wheelersburg. Who else could step up in 2011? I look for South Webster and Waterford to be good and Clay to be the toughest challenge for EP in the SOC if they are any threat at all.

Easterneagle
Waterboy

Re: Looking forward to 2011

Post by Easterneagle »

I think Eastern Pike will be pretty good....got some talent comming up....

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Waverly will be a team to watch. They lost some seniors, but their JV had an undefeated season. They have several talented freshmans coming up. Wiget and Martin will contribute a great deal. I know Martin is playing club for SOVC and Wiget was bumped up to U16 at Spiketown Volleyball Club. Waverly will have some young players, but will give some good competition. I heard Eastern has some talent coming up as well.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Wow sounds like Waverly will be very competitive next year. An undefeated JV team won't want to lose much! I just wish they still played the County Quad. It provided great games, usually between Eastern and Waverly.

svbt1112
Varsity

Post by svbt1112 »

South Webster had 0 seniors last year on a team that went 11-3 in SOC 2 and lost in 5 games to Waterford in the District Finals. They improved over the course of the season and were fun to watch! Several of these girls play for ALETA with most playing on American Level teams this year instead of Regional Level teams. I look for South Webster to win SOC2 and compete for a Regional Championship in Division 4. They always begin the season with Eastern Pike and it will be fun to see how the two teams match up this year. They will be led by 4th year starter at Outside Brooke Scott and 4th year starter and setter Erin Homerosky. Junior Mariah Sullivan in the middle will be starting her 3rd straight year and this team will finally have the experience to match their talent.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

South Webster always interests me. They put out a good program year in, year out. I believe the SW/Eastern Pike game will be a good one this year. Eastern loses Rowe, Staker, and the exchange student. Next year they will start at least 4 juniors, possibly 5 and most likely 2 freshman. The freshman coming up are VERY good and went undefeated through jr high.

PattiSpencer
Waterboy

Post by PattiSpencer »

I think Eastern Pike there all good.I wait this game.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

I think one thing Eastern Pike could do better is schedule some tougher opponents. Besides playing in the Unioto tournament, EP plays teams such as Piketon, Peebles, Paint Valley, Valley. Why not go ask Adena or Alexander for a game? We play South Webster every year and that is a good game. But they could do better.

sayitlikeyoumeanit
Waterboy

Post by sayitlikeyoumeanit »

I'm excited to see how Eastern Pike does this year. They should still be very competitive. looking forward to another successful season.

giggle980
Waterboy

Post by giggle980 »

I believe Chillicothe High School will be having an improved varsity team this coming year. They have some great JV players coming up and good potential returning lettermen. Chillicothe's JV team ended Waverly JV teams undefeated record in October at the Adena JV tournament.

giggle980
Waterboy

Post by giggle980 »

They also ended Adena's JV undefeated record at the same tournament.

socvwatcher#1
Freshman Team

Post by socvwatcher#1 »

Chillicothe will be more challenging in the coming year. Eastern Pike will still be strong. Waverly's upcoming players such as Martin and Wiget along with returning players Roback and Hall will be a much stronger team as well. It will be interesting.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Chillicothe had the best JV team I watched last year......varsity was solid so they should be very solid this year.

run-n-gun
Varsity

Post by run-n-gun »

Sounds like Chillicothe and Waverly are going to be very good next year. Maybe Chillicothe will get invited to the Unioto tournament(fingers crossed!). And I would love to see the Pike County Quad get started again. Eastern, Piketon, and Western played a tri-match for a couple years, but the competition was never good enough.

Cap'n Scoop
All State

Post by Cap'n Scoop »

Warren Local returns 5 of their 6 hitters and the setter will be playing her 3rd season of varsity. The Libero position will be filled by a sophomore that got some varsity action last year. The JV team was solid. The Lady Warriors will be very good this season and I believe open the year against Alexander.

Return to “Volleyball”