Thinking out loud

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Thinking out loud

Post by HatTrick »

Thoughts on SOC relegation system? Or combining the two SOCs as a whole.

Clay/ Western/ New Boston haven't had really even been close to success the past couple years in SOC 1 and Clay struggling to find a team, so any argument they wouldn't is correct but irrelevant. I think valley/ st. joe would compete each night (again I said compete not win so dont go crazy on me) . Waverly/West could move down for competitive balance.

Or just put both together and have 10 Conference games and 7 non conference. Play each other once (just like college conferences do) win= 3 points draw= 1 loss= 0

Most points win :D

HatTrick
Riding the Bench

Re: Thinking out loud....

Post by HatTrick »

HatTrick wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2023 8:03 am Thoughts on SOC relegation system? Or combining the two SOCs as a whole.

Clay/ Western/ New Boston haven't had really even been close to success the past couple years in SOC 1 and Clay struggling to find a team, so any argument they wouldn't compete is correct but irrelevant. I think valley/ st. joe would compete each night (again I said compete not win so dont go crazy on me) . Waverly/West could move down for competitive balance.

Or just put both together and have 10 Conference games and 7 non conference. Play each other once (just like college conferences do) win= 3 points draw= 1 loss= 0

Most points win :D

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: Thinking out loud

Post by GoAt 10 »

Not sure if waverly is still leaving the conference or not, but if they do, I’d for sure go to 1 division. Each team plays each other one time and rotate home and away every year. Would allow more flexibility for the top teams to schedule a better non conference.

SmallTown
Waterboy

Re: Thinking out loud

Post by SmallTown »

Clay and new boston need to consolidate. Waverly is too big to play in the lower conference. I agree with west going down.

Return to “Soccer”