Boys D2 Records

SoccerDad
Waterboy

Re: Boys D2 Records

Post by SoccerDad »

6-4-3=2o wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:18 pm Brutal indeed. The ZT game was supposed to be the week prior, but there were no officials, so we dropped it in between Gallia and Minford which makes no sense. Both ZT and Minford were on the road, concluding a bizarre and loooooong road schedule for the Bulldogs. Should have known things would be crazy when our first road contest of the year in Marietta ended up an 8-3 beatdown for our only loss. To rub salt in the wound, on the way home, the bus broke down about 15 minutes outside of Marietta. Team had to wait on the bus for a new driver/bus to be secured in Athens, then wait for said bus to get down there. In the end, my son walked into the house after 1:00 am, and this was the night before the first day of school! 2+ hour Hillsboro road trip on a school night. Multiple road games, kids getting back to the high school after 11:00 on school nights. As I said, just a bizarre bus season.
Didn't that game start late too? I was at a game at Warren that night, and one of referees left at halftime of that JV game to scramble to Marietta due to a schedule/assignment conflict

6-4-3=2o
Varsity

Post by 6-4-3=2o »

SoccerDad wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 1:55 pm
6-4-3=2o wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:18 pm Brutal indeed. The ZT game was supposed to be the week prior, but there were no officials, so we dropped it in between Gallia and Minford which makes no sense. Both ZT and Minford were on the road, concluding a bizarre and loooooong road schedule for the Bulldogs. Should have known things would be crazy when our first road contest of the year in Marietta ended up an 8-3 beatdown for our only loss. To rub salt in the wound, on the way home, the bus broke down about 15 minutes outside of Marietta. Team had to wait on the bus for a new driver/bus to be secured in Athens, then wait for said bus to get down there. In the end, my son walked into the house after 1:00 am, and this was the night before the first day of school! 2+ hour Hillsboro road trip on a school night. Multiple road games, kids getting back to the high school after 11:00 on school nights. As I said, just a bizarre bus season.
Didn't that game start late too? I was at a game at Warren that night, and one of referees left at halftime of that JV game to scramble to Marietta due to a schedule/assignment conflict
It sure did. Just a crazy road season!

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Records updated.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Records updated.

a_c_m