2019 Southeast District (Boys) -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II & III) Updates and Scores Thread

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: 2019 Southeast District (Boys) -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II & III) Updates and Scores Thread

Post by danicalifornia »

The parking is much improved at Herrnstein Field.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: 2019 Southeast District (Boys) -- Official Seeding/Brackets (Div II & III) Updates and Scores Thread

Post by 4thgoal »

danicalifornia wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 11:00 am The parking is much improved at Herrnstein Field.
The parking was a little tight for football games, but there will be no problem for soccer. Glad to hear they have improved it though.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Good luck Marietta. This is where the competition skyrockets. Athens has lost a million Regional games lol

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 pm Good luck Marietta. This is where the competition skyrockets. Athens has lost a million Regional games lol
They will need it. They are playing shorthanded, but will give it their best shot. They know they have more than just their hands full. But it is soccer and stranger things have happened.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Anything can happen in high school sports

mhs95_06
S

Post by mhs95_06 »

tigerblue wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 pm
Raider6309 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 5:31 pm Good luck Marietta. This is where the competition skyrockets. Athens has lost a million Regional games lol
They will need it. They are playing shorthanded, but will give it their best shot. They know they have more than just their hands full. But it is soccer and stranger things have happened.
Tigers will be short of whom?

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

mhs95_06 wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:02 pm
tigerblue wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:38 pm
Tigers will be short of whom?
Senior Mid field captain Jake Craven

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

Athens and Alexander and everyone else have always lost to DeSales, a high school that can technically recruit players and has done so. Is Tippecanoe a public High School or a private high school? Hoping for Marietta for the win. And also hoping for some sort of rebracketing that acknowledges that High Schools such as DeSales should be set apart from public high schools where students who actually live in the district compete.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Tipp City Tippacanoe is a public school. They have fantastic soccer programs. It's not a big school, but it's right on the border of dayton, Huber heights, and troy. The area between Wayne and Tipp has a lot of foreign kids, and I wouldn't be surprised if tipp city gets a lot of those kids as it's a way better school than huber heights Wayne.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

Falcon01 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:27 am Tipp City Tippacanoe is a public school. They have fantastic soccer programs. It's not a big school, but it's right on the border of dayton, Huber heights, and troy. The area between Wayne and Tipp has a lot of foreign kids, and I wouldn't be surprised if tipp city gets a lot of those kids as it's a way better school than huber heights Wayne.
Pretty sure they have their own small youth club in that area too--I have seen Tippecanoe (I guess named after the high school?) teams in the past on on youth soccer tournament brackets. Thanks for the explanation. Of course Marietta does too, and they have done a great job over the years, first as the Marietta Flames and now as Club Ohio Marietta.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

AthensSoccerFan wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:43 am
Falcon01 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:27 am Tipp City Tippacanoe is a public school. They have fantastic soccer programs. It's not a big school, but it's right on the border of dayton, Huber heights, and troy. The area between Wayne and Tipp has a lot of foreign kids, and I wouldn't be surprised if tipp city gets a lot of those kids as it's a way better school than huber heights Wayne.
Pretty sure they have their own small youth club in that area too--I have seen Tippecanoe (I guess named after the high school?) teams in the past on on youth soccer tournament brackets. Thanks for the explanation. Of course Marietta does too, and they have done a great job over the years, first as the Marietta Flames and now as Club Ohio Marietta.
I dont know why tipp city just loves its soccer, but it's been that way since I started coaching in early 2000s. When we moved to beavercreek though, we saw teams from tipp all the time, so you're 100% correct on the club teams.

Looking at their schedule, it wasn't great. They did beat the one team they tied, in district finals. But they gave up some goals to teams who weren't all that good too. Hard to just say what a team is though based on record and opponents.. good luck marietta. Get the SE a win!

tigerblue
Freshman Team

Post by tigerblue »

Should be a good match this evening. Marietta can hang with them, but with the lack of depth, how long?? I can see a 3-1 score in favor of Tipp, but upsets happen everyday, in every sport. Hoping for one tonight. Go get em boys.

Return to “Soccer”