All State

Re: SOC1 Race is Close

Post by rxburgfan »

Finally getting SW out of there allows it to be competitive

highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

So New Boston decided they could not play St. Joe tomorrow because of heat? ( Yet they played last night??) Seems fishy to me especially when sectional seedings will be over when they have make-up date.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

highflyer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:10 pm So New Boston decided they could not play St. Joe tomorrow because of heat? ( Yet they played last night??) Seems fishy to me especially when sectional seedings will be over when they have make-up date.
The game last night was moved to 7:00 start time because of the heat.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

a_c_m wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 4:29 pm
highflyer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:10 pm So New Boston decided they could not play St. Joe tomorrow because of heat? ( Yet they played last night??) Seems fishy to me especially when sectional seedings will be over when they have make-up date.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

They moving tomorrow to a night game ?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
highflyer
Riding the Bench

Post by highflyer »

Fairland agreed to move their 10/10 date to tomorrow and St. Joseph will play NB 10/10.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

LOL! Did NB Glenwood cancel any August games because of heat?

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

rxburgfan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:56 pm Finally getting SW out of there allows it to be competitive
No doubt. SOC II race is pretty even as well (huge game in Minford next week). SOC moving Webster up to SOC II was the right move for everyone in both divisions. SOC I schools now got a legitimate chance to win a conference championship, and for the SOC II schools (Webster included), winning their conference championship is that much more meaningful.

Starting to beat a dead horse here, but still think West would be better off dropping down to SOC I and building their program up (just like Northwest is currently doing in football). No problem with West going winless, but the score differential tells me they are nowhere close to being competitive in SOC II. Additionally would free up 2 more non-conference games for the SOC II schools. Win-win for everyone.*

OutsideIn
Waterboy

Post by OutsideIn »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:31 pm
rxburgfan wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 12:56 pm Finally getting SW out of there allows it to be competitive
No doubt. SOC II race is pretty even as well (huge game in Minford next week). SOC moving Webster up to SOC II was the right move for everyone in both divisions. SOC I schools now got a legitimate chance to win a conference championship, and for the SOC II schools (Webster included), winning their conference championship is that much more meaningful.

Starting to beat a dead horse here, but still think West would be better off dropping down to SOC I and building their program up (just like Northwest is currently doing in football). No problem with West going winless, but the score differential tells me they are nowhere close to being competitive in SOC II. Additionally would free up 2 more non-conference games for the SOC II schools. Win-win for everyone.*
St. Joe beat West 9-0 so I’m not sure how much moving down would help them.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

art_vandelay wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 1:31 pm

Gotta agree that west needs moved to help rebuild a program. Goal differential is huge and takes its toll. So there would be no slight in making the move at all.

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Maybe we need promotion/relegation between SOCI/SOCII.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

The Flush wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:03 am Maybe we need promotion/relegation between SOCI/SOCII.
I wonder if the difference in pay would acceptable? Fun thought though.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

And then West beats Waverly...

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

I agree with west going to the soc 1.

I like the relegation idea which is what this is. But it has to be over a proven amount of time like webster and west.

I would also want to include field quality and size in the relegation.

Team A wins soc 1- 3 years in a row.
Loses a very talented group of sr's that were the reason for success.
Gets promoted to soc 2 with 3 freshman starting and whole new team. Goes 0-8 for the next 3 years because this group just isnt as talented mostly in part to being a smaller school.
Last edited by goUK on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

St. Joe at clay tuesday

Nb at sj thursday
Clay at valley

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

Congratulations to the Clay Panthers who are the 2019 Division 1 SOC Champions!!!

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Congratulations Panthers!!!!

OutsideIn
Waterboy

Post by OutsideIn »

Heard that Clay played with ineligible players and has to forfeit several games. Any truth to this, and if so who is the SOC1 Champ?

BlindWhiteHat
SEOP

Post by BlindWhiteHat »

The news coming out of the SOC meeting today is that Clay has forfeited 7 games due to the use of an ineligible player. At least one of these games was in conference play. This will result in Clay being moved down to 2nd place and St. Joe is now the SOC 1 soccer champion.

Return to “Soccer”