2019 Season Girls Soccer Scores, Standings & Updates

Falcon01
S

Re: 2019 Season Girls Soccer Scores, Standings & Updates

Post by Falcon01 »

Fu v bloom should be a good match as always. A lot of hate involved when those two meet up. Fu will be without their goalie who is on vacation since it is fair break for both schools. So that could be interesting in the game.
Pretty surprised the central coaches voted BC over granville, even though I dont think granville is "as strong" as usual but I'm sure they're still very very good. Big walnut moved to D1 so that's a good thing for the SE.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Wow....keeper will be out for the game to decide the conference title?

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

4thgoal wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:59 pm Wow....keeper will be out for the game to decide the conference title?
Sigh.... yup

NewFace
Waterboy

Post by NewFace »

a_c_m wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:17 pm
NewFace wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 6:38 pm
a_c_m wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:02 am 10/4
Peebles 5
West Union 0
This was boys game not girls
Thanks for the correction! Do you have the girls score?
Peebles did not play WU girls

Redball
Riding the Bench

Post by Redball »

Minford vs St Joe postponed.

Momofrunners
Freshman Team

Post by Momofrunners »

Piketon 0-4 Rock Hill

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Jackson 2
Alexander 2

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

Chillibobo wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:47 pm Chillicothe deserves the 1 seed based on their overall record and their records against the other teams in their Sectional. Not sure what other teams you feel had a better record? Theirs was the best of the group. While they didn't play Unioto, their record vs common opponents is similar (outside of the Marietta loss). I will agree that their non-league schedule is a little weak being that they are coming down from D1 and are one of the larger DII teams in the state, but their so-so schedule helped them get the top seed, so be it.

We should find out on Thursday if Unioto or Chillicothe made the right choice when putting together their schedule. It ended up hurting Unioto's seed, but did it prepare them better for the tourney? TBD. Unioto has been plagued by injuries at the forward, midfield and keeper positions for much of the season, so they might have bitten off more they can chew this Fall. Play tough teams, prepare to be battered and bruised. Unioto is likely looking forward to next year when their 3 strongest classes will be SR/JR/SO.

On another note, I look forward to seeing how the Bloom vs FU game goes. It should tell us a lot about how the tournament will play out.

When you have Waverly and Warren seeds 2 and 3 to Chillicothe that is crazy. Now I have no clue how the do the seeding but when you see Chillicothe record compared to Waverly and Warren. That is sad that they are ranked above Waverly and Warren. I lost all respect for Chillicothe sports program when they left the OCC because they kept getting beat an couldn't hang

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Waverly and warren are in the east and chilli is in the west. Coaches only vote for the teams on their side.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Need Scores, Canceled or Makeup

10/7
Teays Valley v Licking Heights
Chesapeake v Poka
West v Fairland
Southeastern v Westfall
Ridgewood v West Muskingum
Eastern Brown v Georgetown

10/5
Teays Valley v Delaware Hayes
Rosecrans v Whitehall
John Glenn v Grandview
Sheridan v Licking Valley
Ponitz Tech v Lynchburg-Clay
Newark v Logan

10/3
Peebles v Piketon
Sheridan v Lakewood
Washington v Miami Trace

10/2
Northwest v Portsmouth West

9/30
South Point v Portsmouth West

9/27
Fairland v St. Joe

9/25
Philo v Sheridan

9/12
Eastern Brown v Western Brown
Blanchester v Fairfield

9/11
West Union v Fayetteville

9/10
Logan v Bloom-Caroll

8/29
South Point v Greenup KY

8/27
Jackson v Miami Trace
Williamsburg v Eastern Brown

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
NewFace
Waterboy

Post by NewFace »

mattash wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 pm Need Scores, Canceled or Makeup

10/7
Chesapeake v Poka
West v Fairland
Southeastern v Westfall
Ridgewood v West Muskingum

10/5
Rosecrans v Whitehall
John Glenn v Grandview
Newark v Logan

10/3
Peebles v Piketon ( game moved to 10/8)
Sheridan v Lakewood
Washington v Miami Trace

10/2

9/30

9/27
Fairland v St. Joe

9/25
Philo v Sheridan

9/12
Blanchester v Fairfield

9/11

9/10
Logan v Bloom-Caroll

8/29
South Point v Greenup KY

8/27
Jackson v Miami Trace

Chillibobo
Waterboy

Post by Chillibobo »

usmcengineer wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:13 pm
Chillibobo wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 1:47 pm Chillicothe deserves the 1 seed based on their overall record and their records against the other teams in their Sectional. Not sure what other teams you feel had a better record? Theirs was the best of the group. While they didn't play Unioto, their record vs common opponents is similar (outside of the Marietta loss). I will agree that their non-league schedule is a little weak being that they are coming down from D1 and are one of the larger DII teams in the state, but their so-so schedule helped them get the top seed, so be it.

We should find out on Thursday if Unioto or Chillicothe made the right choice when putting together their schedule. It ended up hurting Unioto's seed, but did it prepare them better for the tourney? TBD. Unioto has been plagued by injuries at the forward, midfield and keeper positions for much of the season, so they might have bitten off more they can chew this Fall. Play tough teams, prepare to be battered and bruised. Unioto is likely looking forward to next year when their 3 strongest classes will be SR/JR/SO.

On another note, I look forward to seeing how the Bloom vs FU game goes. It should tell us a lot about how the tournament will play out.
When you have Waverly and Warren seeds 2 and 3 to Chillicothe that is crazy. Now I have no clue how the do the seeding but when you see Chillicothe record compared to Waverly and Warren. That is sad that they are ranked above Waverly and Warren. I lost all respect for Chillicothe sports program when they left the OCC because they kept getting beat an couldn't hang
East & West are separate sectionals, Chillicothe wasn't in a vote with Waverly & Warren.....

Chilli has a better record than Waverly (and only lost to D1 teams in Marietta & Logan).

I predict that Warren beats Waverly in the sectional final then wins a close one with Chillicothe in the district semi-final. They will take on the winner of FU and Unioto for the district.

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

10/5
Newark 3
Logan 1

10/7
West Muskingum 1
Ridgewood 1

Johnstown Monroe 11
New Lexington 0

Westfall 5
Southeastern 1

Poca, WVa. 4
Chesapeake 0

need
Teays Valley at Licking Heights
Hillsboro at Clinton Massie
Lynchburg Clay at Bethel Tatte
Georgetown at Eastern Brown
Fairland at West

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

mattash wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:59 pm Need Scores, Canceled or Makeup

10/7
Chesapeake v Poka
West v Fairland
Southeastern v Westfall (Westfall won 5-1)
Ridgewood v West Muskingum (Tie 1-1)

10/5
Rosecrans v Whitehall
John Glenn v Grandview
Newark v Logan (Newark won 3-1)

10/3
Peebles v Piketon
Sheridan v Lakewood
Washington v Miami Trace

10/2

9/30

9/27
Fairland v St. Joe

9/25
Philo v Sheridan

9/12
Blanchester v Fairfield

9/11

9/10
Logan v Bloom-Caroll

8/29
South Point v Greenup KY

8/27
Jackson v Miami Trace

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

Chillibobo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:22 am

East & West are separate sectionals, Chillicothe wasn't in a vote with Waverly & Warren.....

Chilli has a better record than Waverly (and only lost to D1 teams in Marietta & Logan).

I predict that Warren beats Waverly in the sectional final then wins a close one with Chillicothe in the district semi-final. They will take on the winner of FU and Unioto for the district.

How do you get Chillicothe has a better record then Waverly, Waverly is (11-3) Chillicothe is (9-2). Chillicothe doesnt play anyone good in their league and the teams they have played that is good they got beat by. Chillicothe barely beat Rosecrans. If Rosecrans, an they are a D3 team, wouldn't have lost their seniors Chillicothe would have gotten killed by them like they did last year. With Zioee back for Waverly. Chillicothe is going to have a very hard time, Zioee had 45 goals her freshmen year an 30 last year was out 90% of this season. I would almost have said if Zioee wouldn't have gotten hurt she be over a 100 goals already and ate up Jayla's record for most goals scored in Ross county as a Junior. Waverly already has 2 girls other then Zioee that is over 20 goals. Waverly beat Wheelersburg there last meeting an Burg was at one time state ranked in D2. Chillicothe has Addie which is a good player and their main strikers, shut her down you shut down their team. Chillicothe has good players but when you put them up against good teams they choke. Just like Chillicothe will get beat when they play Unioto coming up.
Last edited by usmcengineer on Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Need Scores, Canceled or Makeup

10/7
West v Fairland
Southeastern v Westfall

10/5
Rosecrans v Whitehall
John Glenn v Grandview
Newark v Logan

10/3
Sheridan v Lakewood
Washington v Miami Trace

10/2

9/30

9/27
Fairland v St. Joe

9/25
Philo v Sheridan

9/12
Blanchester v Fairfield

9/11

9/10
Logan v Bloom-Caroll

8/29
South Point v Greenup KY

8/27
Jackson v Miami Trace

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Chillibobo
Waterboy

Post by Chillibobo »

usmcengineer wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 9:54 am

How do you get Chillicothe has a better record then Waverly, Waverly is (11-3) Chillicothe is (9-2). Chillicothe doesnt play anyone good in their league and the teams they have played that is good they got beat by. Chillicothe barely beat Rosecrans. If Rosecrans, an they are a D3 team, wouldn't have lost their seniors Chillicothe would have gotten killed by them like they did last year. With Zioee back for Waverly. Chillicothe is going to have a very hard time, Zioee had 45 goals her freshmen year an 30 last year was out 90% of these season. I would almost have said if Zioee wouldn't have gotten hurt she be over a 100 goals already and ate up Jayla's record for most goals scored in Ross county as a Junior. Waverly already has 2 girls other then Zioee that is over 20 goals. Chillicothe has Addie which is a good player and their main strikers, shut her down you shut down their team. Chillicothe has good players but when you put them up against good teams they choke. Just like Chillicothe will get beat when they play Unioto coming up.
(1) Not that it really matters, but simple math tells me that 9-2 is a 82% winning percentage. 11-3 is a 79% winning percentage. :lol:

(2) Also - Chillicothe lost to Marietta, who is an undefeated D1 state ranked and D1 Logan, who is also very good. Waverly lost to Burg, Unioto and Warren - all good, not exceptional D2 schools. So yes, I feel that Chillicothe's resume is better.

(3) Lastly, Zoiee Smith plays for Waverly and it is located in Pike County (not Ross County). As for Jayla Campbell, she scored the majority of her goals from the midfield against much better teams. I doubt our parts will ever see another Jayla Campbell, she took her Unioto teams to Regionals and played as if she didn't care about scoring records.

I never liked counting goals because you can run up plenty of goals vs the bad teams in the SOC, SVC, and the FAC. Doesn't always mean you have the best players or teams. Based on your goals assessment, Waverly should kill everyone in the SE district here in the next couple of weeks. Is that what you are predicting?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

Chillicothe is also 11-2. Not 9-2.

usmcengineer
Freshman Team

Post by usmcengineer »

Chillibobo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:51 am

How do you get Chillicothe has a better record then Waverly, Waverly is (11-3) Chillicothe is (9-2). Chillicothe doesnt play anyone good in their league and the teams they have played that is good they got beat by. Chillicothe barely beat Rosecrans. If Rosecrans, an they are a D3 team, wouldn't have lost their seniors Chillicothe would have gotten killed by them like they did last year. With Zioee back for Waverly. Chillicothe is going to have a very hard time, Zioee had 45 goals her freshmen year an 30 last year was out 90% of these season. I would almost have said if Zioee wouldn't have gotten hurt she be over a 100 goals already and ate up Jayla's record for most goals scored in Ross county as a Junior. Waverly already has 2 girls other then Zioee that is over 20 goals. Chillicothe has Addie which is a good player and their main strikers, shut her down you shut down their team. Chillicothe has good players but when you put them up against good teams they choke. Just like Chillicothe will get beat when they play Unioto coming up.
(1) Not that it really matters, but simple math tells me that 9-2 is a 82% winning percentage. 11-3 is a 79% winning percentage. :lol:

(2) Also - Chillicothe lost to Marietta, who is an undefeated D1 state ranked and D1 Logan, who is also very good. Waverly lost to Burg, Unioto and Warren - all good, not exceptional D2 schools. So yes, I feel that Chillicothe's resume is better.

(3) Lastly, Zoiee Smith plays for Waverly and it is located in Pike County (not Ross County). As for Jayla Campbell, she scored the majority of her goals from the midfield against much better teams. I doubt our parts will ever see another Jayla Campbell, she took her Unioto teams to Regionals and played as if she didn't care about scoring records.

I never liked counting goals because you can run up plenty of goals vs the bad teams in the SOC, SVC, and the FAC. Doesn't always mean you have the best players or teams. Based on your goals assessment, Waverly should kill everyone in the SE district here in the next couple of weeks. Is that what you are predicting?

Yes I know they ( Waverly ) lost to burg in their first meeting. I was there watching the game an there last match but they beat burg I think 4-1 with Smith having 3 goals. If Zoiee would have been healthy from the get go there record would be 14-0 or 13-1. Still think Unioto would have bested Waverly but it would have been alot closer of a game. As for Chillicothe they don't play anyone good an the teams they have played on a good note they have gotten beat. So you put them up against teams on there level they will get beat.

Speaking about Jayla. Her first 2 years playing she played foward. Her last 2 she played mid field an her first 2 years is when she scored most of her goals. Yes she is a great player, but from hearsay not many of her team mates cared for her because of her attitude. My oldest daughter played travel with alot of the girls from Unioto so I hear alot of what the kids say. I have even had people come to in the last couple of years about moving my kids to Unioto or Chillicothe and I won't do it because of the schools.

I think Waverly is going to surprise most is what I'm saying, with Zoiee back. I think Waverly will take Warren even knowing they lost their first match an then Waverly will go on to beat Chillicothe to match up with FU in district. I don't see Waverly taking FU so district finals will be the end for Waverly is what I'm guess

Honestly after next year Waverly will struggle after loosen there Jrs. from this year.

Chillibobo
Waterboy

Post by Chillibobo »

usmcengineer wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:17 pm
Chillibobo wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:51 am

Yes I know they ( Waverly ) lost to burg in their first meeting. I was there watching the game an there last match but they beat burg I think 4-1 with Smith having 3 goals. If Zoiee would have been healthy from the get go there record would be 14-0 or 13-1. Still think Unioto would have bested Waverly but it would have been alot closer of a game. As for Chillicothe they don't play anyone good an the teams they have played on a good note they have gotten beat. So you put them up against teams on there level they will get beat.

Speaking about Jayla. Her first 2 years playing she played foward. Her last 2 she played mid field an her first 2 years is when she scored most of her goals. Yes she is a great player, but from hearsay not many of her team mates cared for her because of her attitude. My oldest daughter played travel with alot of the girls from Unioto so I hear alot of what the kids say. I have even had people come to in the last couple of years about moving my kids to Unioto or Chillicothe and I won't do it because of the schools.

I think Waverly is going to surprise most is what I'm saying, with Zoiee back. I think Waverly will take Warren even knowing they lost their first match an then Waverly will go on to beat Chillicothe to match up with FU in district. I don't see Waverly taking FU so district finals will be the end for Waverly is what I'm guess

Honestly after next year Waverly will struggle after loosen there Jrs. from this year.
It sounds like you have an ax to grind with Chillicothe & maybe even Unioto, but you're entitled to your opinion, so be it.

Jayla is doing ok for herself at Findlay in the midfield - https://greatmidwestsports.com/news/201 ... pt-30.aspx.

I watched Jayla for years and doubt that any of her former Unioto teammates would agree with your statements. This sounds like something come from an ex-coach or someone from a club team at a rival school.

We will simply have to wait to see how things play out on your predictions.

Return to “Soccer”