District Champions

4thgoal
SEOPS

District Champions

Post by 4thgoal »

The east and southeast district each have 16 D2 girls teams this fall. They will have a coinflip to determine who gets 2 regional qualifiers?

4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: District Champions

Post by 4thgoal »

Actually after looking at it closer, the central has 16 also. I guess it could be a rotation between all 3 districts as to who gets 2?

lovesoccer178
Waterboy

Post by lovesoccer178 »

They base this year's representation (how many teams from each district are represented in the regional tournament) on the number of teams that participated in last year's tournament. They use a formula to calculate it and I'd have to look that up again, but it's not based on the number of teams for this year.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Apparently New Lexington is now in the SE district for girls soccer in D3

Smelly1622
Waterboy

Post by Smelly1622 »

4thgoal wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:38 am Apparently New Lexington is now in the SE district for girls soccer in D3

New lex having soccer makes me so happy.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

New Lex will be an interesting team to have in D3. They are a "new" team, but I wonder how many kids had previously open enrolled to Logan, Lancaster or even Zanesville that will now come back "home" to play...

Smelly1622
Waterboy

Post by Smelly1622 »

4thgoal wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 am New Lex will be an interesting team to have in D3. They are a "new" team, but I wonder how many kids had previously open enrolled to Logan, Lancaster or even Zanesville that will now come back "home" to play...
Just my guess, but I'd say none right away. You're not gonna leave an established program to play on a brand new team. Or I guess I should say, I wouldn't. This is something the youth folks in new lex have tried so hard to get. So happy for all their hard work to pay off.

However, Sheridan and new lex still have work to do. Both are going to be playing on poor fields when both have turf for football. Hopefully they do the right thing and get the soccer lines on the fields. I have no idea what goes into that or the cost, but it needs to happen.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Smelly1622 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 pm
4thgoal wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 am New Lex will be an interesting team to have in D3. They are a "new" team, but I wonder how many kids had previously open enrolled to Logan, Lancaster or even Zanesville that will now come back "home" to play...
Just my guess, but I'd say none right away. You're not gonna leave an established program to play on a brand new team. Or I guess I should say, I wouldn't. This is something the youth folks in new lex have tried so hard to get. So happy for all their hard work to pay off.

However, Sheridan and new lex still have work to do. Both are going to be playing on poor fields when both have turf for football. Hopefully they do the right thing and get the soccer lines on the fields. I have no idea what goes into that or the cost, but it needs to happen.
You can lay them on with paint in the short run.

Smelly1622
Waterboy

Post by Smelly1622 »

rxburgfan wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:45 pm
Smelly1622 wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:47 pm

You can lay them on with paint in the short run.
You and I both know that's not gonna happen.

I do think both would have to be narrow fields. For sure Sheridan, as if ai remember correct there isnt much space between sideline and stands since there is no track. No track at NL either.

Smelly1622
Waterboy

Post by Smelly1622 »

Actually looking at satellite images, sheridan could at least go a few feet on each side. However, new lex has no room at all in the corners.

Return to “Soccer”