Southeast District - Tournament Seeding/Brackets (Updated)

Tower
JV Team

Re: Southeast District - Tournament Seeding

Post by Tower »

BananaSC74 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:26 am Also on the boys side... which 2 seed was Northwest ranked above???? They are not stronger than Lynchburg and their record is worse than rock hill. I am so confused on how they got a 1 seed
Northwest is ranked above Lynchburg Clay in seeding. Rock Hill is in the East. Why do you think they are not stronger than Lynchburg? I believe they are as strong if not stronger. At time of seeding they had same record. One common opponent at time of seeding was North Adams, both teams played away. NW won 3-0 & Lynchburg won 4-2. As far as record goes, NW 13-3 and Lynchburg 11-3-2. As far as seeding goes, I feel probably the most accurate I've seen in long time.

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

BananaSC74 wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:26 am Also on the boys side... which 2 seed was Northwest ranked above???? They are not stronger than Lynchburg and their record is worse than rock hill. I am so confused on how they got a 1 seed
I believe rock hills strength of schedule came in to play. But in saying that so should have Northwest lack of strength of schedule.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

mattash wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 am Just curious on how rock Hill was seeded lower than northwest
There is an east and west sectional. Rock Hill is in the east and Northwest is in the west.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Tower wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:42 am
Northwest is ranked above Lynchburg Clay in seeding. Rock Hill is in the East. Why do you think they are not stronger than Lynchburg? I believe they are as strong if not stronger. At time of seeding they had same record. One common opponent at time of seeding was North Adams, both teams played away. NW won 3-0 & Lynchburg won 4-2. As far as record goes, NW 13-3 and Lynchburg 11-3-2. As far as seeding goes, I feel probably the most accurate I've seen in long time.
I didn’t mean my post to be a knock on Northwest. I just think comparing them and Lynchburg takes a deeper look. Lynchburg played a much tougher schedule in terms of opponent quality (Wilmington, Alexander, Xenia, Hillsboro, etc.). If two teams have a similar record then I feel like strength of schedule should be a factor.

Now what you mentioned with NA is tough as well, because while Northwest beat NA 3-0, NA went on to beat minford 3-0 and tie burg; both teams who beat Northwest this year so I don’t think that can be considered too strongly. I just feel that if a team takes the effort to play D1 schools (such as Xenia or Wilmington) that should be taken into account.

(This coming from someone not from Lynchburg Clay lol)

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Lynchburg’s 3 losses are to bigger SW district schools, including 13-0-1 Western Brown.

Maybe next year they should just schedule cupcakes in their non conference instead of challenging themselves and they’ll come into the tournament undefeated.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Sadly the voters for seeding aren’t always the best imformed. Just looking at records or even results isn’t enough. You may lose to a better team in a close game that is a loss, but actually a “good” loss. You may lose to a team in horrible field conditions that isn’t really a bad loss. Too many cases to list them all.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:39 pm Lynchburg’s 3 losses are to bigger SW district schools, including 13-0-1 Western Brown.

Maybe next year they should just schedule cupcakes in their non conference instead of challenging themselves and they’ll come into the tournament undefeated.
Each team generally does the best they can. On the western side of the district you can play higher rated teams but if you live in the southern or eastern side you can’t do it. You might play a KY or WV team but often these game only get discounted. So everyone just do the best you can. And play until they tell you to stop. Good luck to those in their tourney run.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

rxburgfan wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:56 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:39 pm Lynchburg’s 3 losses are to bigger SW district schools, including 13-0-1 Western Brown.

Each team generally does the best they can. On the western side of the district you can play higher rated teams but if you live in the southern or eastern side you can’t do it. You might play a KY or WV team but often these game only get discounted. So everyone just do the best you can. And play until they tell you to stop. Good luck to those in their tourney run.
I mean, you’re pretty much right, but why can’t Northwest play South Webster?

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:15 pm

Generally schedules are 2 years in advance. Historically there was no benefit for SW to play NW. Maybe tides change but for 20 years it was not. So hopefully some of the younger coaches coming in can raise the bars across the district.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

rxburgfan wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:15 pm
Generally schedules are 2 years in advance. Historically there was no benefit for SW to play NW. Maybe tides change but for 20 years it was not. So hopefully some of the younger coaches coming in can raise the bars across the district.
Sure, but each team had an opening to fill. South Webster lost Athens and replaced them with a second game with Alexander. Northwest lost Westfall and replaced them with Peebles.

Also, Northwest is in their 4th straight season way over .500, including last year’s run to the Regionals.

lovesoccer178
Waterboy

Post by lovesoccer178 »

SW will play Northwest next year now that they were able to move to the larger SOC division. It's a good thing that they have been trying to do for years.

SW will play Lynchburg next year as well. It's probably a hour and a half drive at least, but that should help when comparing the east and west. There was decent crossover this year with North Adams leading the way in playing some SOC schools. Rock Hill scheduled some SOC schools this year playing Minford and Valley.

It's better than it has been in the past.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

4thgoal wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:16 pm
mattash wrote: Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 am Just curious on how rock Hill was seeded lower than northwest
There is an east and west sectional. Rock Hill is in the east and Northwest is in the west.
Thank you

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

lovesoccer178 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:17 am SW will play Northwest next year now that they were able to move to the larger SOC division. It's a good thing that they have been trying to do for years.

SW will play Lynchburg next year as well. It's probably a hour and a half drive at least, but that should help when comparing the east and west. There was decent crossover this year with North Adams leading the way in playing some SOC schools. Rock Hill scheduled some SOC schools this year playing Minford and Valley.

It's better than it has been in the past.
Great to hear!! I know that it has to be frustrating for some coaches who want to change up their schedule, but sometimes it is easier for admins to keep it the same, or similar. Plus, with gas being the way it is, it isn’t cheap to make longer trips.

Soccer
Riding the Bench

Post by Soccer »

Gonna be pretty sloppy on the grass fields tonight

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Soccer wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:21 pm Gonna be pretty sloppy on the grass fields tonight
Yep. Crazy conditions...

F734F16F-7B9F-4F29-B04B-1516FF6F714F.jpeg
Attachments
129F6B39-1526-4D2C-A0FC-D42E706823EC.jpeg

The Flush
Varsity

Post by The Flush »

Where is that?

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

OHSAA Tournament - Boys
Halftime at Rock Hill
Southeastern-0
Rock Hill-1
Goal at 26:57 by Jake Blagg: Assist by Victor Aguilera

WWBBB
Freshman Team

Post by WWBBB »

The Flush wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:52 pm Where is that?
Looks like Warren Local

RHRedmenLive
Freshman Team

Post by RHRedmenLive »

OHSAA Boys Soccer
Final
Chillicothe Southeastern-0
Rock Hill-4

1st Half-26:57 Goal by Jake Blagg:Assist Victor Aguilera 1-0 RH

2nd Half-37:53 Goal by Victor Aguilera (Unassisted)2-0 RH

2nd Half-36:49 Goal by Victor Aguilera: Assist Brady Floyd 3-0RH