SHAC Soccer Thoughts

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Re: SHAC Soccer Thoughts

Post by BananaSC74 »

thebull wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:57 am The Ripley vs North Adams boys game was postponed. This is always a tough hard fought game.
You’re right on the that one.. I think it will be a close one.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Boys:

West Union 0
Peebles 0

Did anyone get to watch this game?

SHACMan22
Waterboy

Post by SHACMan22 »

BananaSC74 wrote: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:48 pm Boys:

West Union 0
Peebles 0

Did anyone get to watch this game?
I watched the game. It was a very sloppy (wet) game. Neither team had many scoring opportunities. Maybe had 8-10 total shots on goal the entire game from both teams combined. Browning had a lot of runs on goal for Peebles but Campbell's speed from West Union made it very hard on him all night long. West Union has had tons of opportunities to put up big goal numbers every game all year long (outside of this game). They have just had a very difficult time finishing.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

stacey7722 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:20 pm League play just started, only have seen Lynchburg and North Adams so far. North Adams was solid, have a fast striker up front and very solid goalie. buzz is Eastern is looking good early and a young Peebles team has promise. Lynchburg stumbled twice already this season losing by one goal to two division I teams and just hasn't looked like they gel yet. Lynchburg replaced two up front strikers and two defender and lost maybe the best holding midfielder from our area in McLaughlin to graduation. Lynchburg still struggling trying to find a replacement in her position. Lynchburg always seems to improve as the season goes along. Now is the time if a SHAC team wants to end their 10 year league unbeaten streak. If they find the midfielder they are looking for among the many talented players they have to chose from it will become more difficult. Until someone beats them, I have Lynchburg raising another gold ball this year but I am obviously biased... lol
How is Raelynn Ruble doing? Is she playing for LC?

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

North Adams 1
Ripley 0
(Boys)

Whatajokej
Waterboy

Post by Whatajokej »

McBuckets wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:16 pm This is all I'm going to say...
Don't be surprised to see Fairfield hoisting a gold ball this year and multiple plaques in October. Wealth of young talent and veteran leadership, behind an experienced coach who would be a steal for any college program.
REMEMBER THESE NAMES: Reese Teeters, Coben Zink, Andrew Newland, and Jordan Cameron. These are guys you will likely be seeing in a MLS uniform in the future.
[/quot. I've seen them play and until the sub par coaching elevates theu won't be hosting a gold ball. They got talent but not been utilized up to this point. Just lost to North Adams 4 to 0 and the the only player whos scored this year plays defense now .???

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

North Adams beat Ripley and Fairfield this week to move up the standings. They currently sit at 3-1 in league play.

Whatajokej
Waterboy

Post by Whatajokej »

Fairfield has the talent to be competitive but the coaching is holding them back. Fairfield with the right leadership and direction will be one of the teams to watch . Coaching upgrade and a year of experience for the freshman will be the difference next year. Just my opinion.

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

NA boys beat Ripley 1-0 last week to grab a big W.

Peebles boys host NA tonight in a big cross-county matchup... who ya got?

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Also, my updated SHAC boys power rankings...

1. Lynchburg Clay
2. North Adams
3. Ripley
4. Peebles
5. Eastern Brown
6. West Union
7. Fayetteville
8. Fairfield

1 & 2 stay the same for me with Lynchburg and NA being a cut above the rest of the conference, while Ripley is a step behind. West Union, Peebles and Eastern are all really even in terms of talent.

thebull
Varsity

Post by thebull »

Peebles has cancelled both soccer games for tonight. The rescheduled dates are:
Boys at Peebles on Monday, September 24 at 4:30
Girls at Peebles on Friday, October 5 at 4:30

Not sure of the reason.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 pm
stacey7722 wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:20 pm League play just started, only have seen Lynchburg and North Adams so far. North Adams was solid, have a fast striker up front and very solid goalie. buzz is Eastern is looking good early and a young Peebles team has promise. Lynchburg stumbled twice already this season losing by one goal to two division I teams and just hasn't looked like they gel yet. Lynchburg replaced two up front strikers and two defender and lost maybe the best holding midfielder from our area in McLaughlin to graduation. Lynchburg still struggling trying to find a replacement in her position. Lynchburg always seems to improve as the season goes along. Now is the time if a SHAC team wants to end their 10 year league unbeaten streak. If they find the midfielder they are looking for among the many talented players they have to chose from it will become more difficult. Until someone beats them, I have Lynchburg raising another gold ball this year but I am obviously biased... lol
talented young player. She is fitting in nicely and gives the LC girls a boost in the first rotation off the bench. She has speed and good foot skills. It is easy to see that she plays travel ball. Definately a player to watch as she gets older.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

stacey7722 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:23 pm
Ironman92 wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:30 pm
talented young player. She is fitting in nicely and gives the LC girls a boost in the first rotation off the bench. She has speed and good foot skills. It is easy to see that she plays travel ball. Definately a player to watch as she gets older.
I actually got to talk to her at county XC meet. She hasn’t ran all season but still made all county. She’s a feisty one!

SoccerGuy22
Riding the Bench

Post by SoccerGuy22 »

Anyone have updated standings for the league?

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

North Adams 4
Peebles 1

(Boys score)

BallDontLie
JV Team

Post by BallDontLie »

Pretty solid games tomorrow in LC vs peebles. Boys wise I don’t really expect much, think LC comes out and plays well and notches another SHAC win respectfully. The girls game is interesting because peebles girls been having a good year but as the nature boy Ric Flair says, “to be the man you have to beat the man!” Well woman in this case, but LC has dominated the league for almost a decade now so until someone comes close to challenging them I’d say they are the favorites. Hope for no injuries for either SHAC team.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

BallDontLie wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:52 pm Pretty solid games tomorrow in LC vs peebles. Boys wise I don’t really expect much, think LC comes out and plays well and notches another SHAC win respectfully. The girls game is interesting because peebles girls been having a good year but as the nature boy Ric Flair says, “to be the man you have to beat the man!” Well woman in this case, but LC has dominated the league for almost a decade now so until someone comes close to challenging them I’d say they are the favorites. Hope for no injuries for either SHAC team.
Excited to see this game tonight! Lynchburg the established in the league vs. young upstart with great record. Peebles obviously doing something right. anxious to see what this game brings. Lynchburg loaded with athletic and skilled players, have not seen Peebles play this year. Peebles must have talent on their squad to carry the record they have. Will be interesting to see how the young Peebles team handles the physicality the Lynchburg girls play with. Its easy to match up in you head with a team until you get on the field and see how big the Mustangs team is.

Really hoping for a great competitive match, this will be a great game to see where both teams are coming close to tournament time. This game will go a long way in the seedings I believe as well.

Good luck to both teams!

BananaSC74
Freshman Team

Post by BananaSC74 »

Boys

North Adams 4
West Union 0

Game was called with around 30 minutes left in game

old_horse
JV Team

Post by old_horse »

Pebbles. 2. Lynchburg Clay girl's 7

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

BallDontLie wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:52 pm Pretty solid games tomorrow in LC vs peebles. Boys wise I don’t really expect much, think LC comes out and plays well and notches another SHAC win respectfully. The girls game is interesting because peebles girls been having a good year but as the nature boy Ric Flair says, “to be the man you have to beat the man!” Well woman in this case, but LC has dominated the league for almost a decade now so until someone comes close to challenging them I’d say they are the favorites. Hope for no injuries for either SHAC team.
Lynchburg Clay vs. Peebles game goes final

Lynchburg Clay 7
Peebles 2

This was a good game that saw 5 goals scored in the first 11 minutes. Looked like Peebles was going to stay with Lynchburg early.

Peebles team was very well coached and their players played hard for the entire 40 minutes. In my oppionion they are the 2nd best team in the SHAC right now. They were very well organized and had three strikers that could legit put it in the net.

In all honesty they just arent there yet. There is a big divide between Lynchburg and the rest of the league. Lynchburg is well coached and they just have to many quality athletes. The Mustangs plays physical soccer and have incredible size all over the field. Peebles only had 14 kids total on their squad and were playing on a field bigger than what they are used to. Lynchburg continued wholesale substitutions and wore the Indians down. The main problem with playing Lynchburg is they run so many quality players at you. The second best soccer team in the SHAC is Lynchburg Clays second unit and that spells trouble for teams that dont carry that many players.

Peeble goaly kept this game from getting completely out of control. This girl had 20 plus save and stopped a penalty kick and the rebound. She was very active and aggressive even up to the top of the 18. She did not let crosses go by her and played physical making everyone aware that the 18 belonged to her. Was very impressived with the young lady.

For Lynchburg the senior Scott got to them early for 2 or 3 goals in first 20 minutes. Peebles then tried to man mark her with one and two players and that left to many open runners one on one with Peeble goaly.

In the End I think Peebles is the 2nd best team in the league and i think they will see success in the tournament, but they are not in the same discussion as Lynchburg Clay.

Someone earlier on here quoted Rick Flair and I agree. "If you want to be the man, you have to beat the man."

Return to “Soccer”