2016 All-SOC Teams

4thgoal
SEOPS

2016 All-SOC Teams

Post by 4thgoal »

Division I
First Team: South Webster: Alek Blevins, Shane Zimmerman, Drew Dutiel, Dom Holding, Matthew Shonkwiler, Trevor Coriell, Shiloah Blevins, Sam Holstein. Clay: Ethan Newton, Nate Hinze, Devin Holcomb, Isaiah Chamberllin, Gavin Bennett, Glenwood: Isaac Erks, Timothy Hobbs, Drake Truitt, Kade Conley. Valley: Cayton Ruby, Maison Humble, Brandon Phillips.

Second Team: South Webster: Blake Fulk, Ty Collins, Michael Andrews. Clay: Josh Crapyou, Dakota Dodds, Bryce Toomire. Glenwood: Logan Crum, Dylan Rawlins. Valley: Ben Howard, Austin Jones.

Player of the Year: Alek Blevins-South Webster
Defensive Player of the Year: Drew Dutiel-South Webster
Co-Coach of the Year: Corey Claxon-South Webster
Co-Coach of the Year: Mark Trapp-Clay
Order of finish: South Webster (6-0), Clay (4-2), Glenwood (2-4), Valley (0-6).

Division II
First Team: Minford: Tanner Gampp, Ian Tolle, Jeremy Fuhrmann, Zach Higbee, Michael Patrick, Talen Coriell, Matthew Gullett, Eli Cordle. Wheelersburg: Christian Hughes, Dolton Wood, Alex Munion, Ben Allen, Devin Thurmer. Northwest: Evan Throckmorton, Zach Smith, Tyler Webb, Damien Williams. Waverly: James White, Darby Teeters, Grayson Diener. West: T.J. Hoggard, Jack Cremeans.

Second Team: Minford Tate Coriell, Elijah Craft, Andrew Fuhrmann. Wheelersburg: Malek Soumakieh, Nathan McLaughlin, Chandler Holbrook. Northwest: Austin Speer, Hunter Berry. Waverly: Garrett Stulley, Tyler Newman. West: Chris Dials.

Player of the Year: Tanner Gampp-Minford
Defensive Player of the Year: Ian Tolle-Minford
Coach of the Year: Josh Keeney-Northwest

Order of finish: Minford (7-0-1), Wheelersburg (4-3-1), Northwest (4-4), Waverly (3-3-2), West (0-8).

Girls Soccer All-League

First Team: Wheelersburg: Christen Risner, Lyndlee Willis, Brittany Swim, Libby Miller, Morgan Willoughby, Sophie Hagans, Sydney White, McKailyn Wamsley. Minford: Marissa Watters, Erin Daniels, Aurie Coriell, Aspen Lambert, Tori Reffit. Waverly: Courtney Boyer, Breanna Murphy, Hannah McAllister, Hannah Goodman. West: Emily Taylor, Lindsey Howard, Kaylee Leavitt. Northwest: Destiny Ruth, Sydnie Jenkins.

Second Team: Wheelersburg: Morgan Bivens, Jordan Jennings, Kyleigh Tackett. Minford: Marissa Risner, Melanie Fuhrmann, Brittani Wolfenbarker. Waverly: Lauren Snodgrass, Mariah Burton. West: Abbie Powell, Josie Book. Northwest: Nichole Norman.

Co-Players of the Year: Christen Risner-Wheelersburg / Morgan Willoughby-Wheelersburg
Defensive Player of the Year: Marissa Watters-Minford
Coach of the Year: Todd Jarvis-Wheelersburg

Order of finish: Wheelersburg (8-0), Minford (4-2-2), Waverly (3-3-2), West (1-5-2), Northwest (0-6-2).

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: 2016 All-SOC Teams

Post by GoAt 10 »

Congratulations to all players and coaches for their accomplishments!

Coach Keeney is doing a great job at NW and very deserving of the COY award. I see more of those awards in coach Keeney's future along with a Gold ball. I really thought the league would vote Gampp for the award, also very deserving after winning his 2nd SOC in the last 3 seasons.

Question?? Has NW ever had a COY or won the SOC??

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

Northwest won SOC back in 1993 also won the Sectional and District Championship and went on to the Regional Semi-Finals to play Dayton Belbrooke . To get to the Regional The Mohawks beat Wheelersbrug in a shootout 3-2 to Advance . Coach Scott Jenkins was Coach of the year . But back then there was not SOC I and SOC II it was just one competitive league you had to play everyone in the SOC twice The Mohawks finished with a Record of 15-3-1 . Coach Jenkins was Coach of the Year and Ryan Copp was SOC Player of the year. One of the best teams to ever come out of Northwest. :ugeek: :ugeek:
Last edited by Coach93 on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Good bit of history! Thanks

I think the league next year will be a 3 dog fight. Waverly, Northwest, and Minford all should be in contention next year. West still a few seasons away from being a real threat and burg losing 11 or something seniors I feel will have a hard time staying in the top 3 of the league.

Seniors enjoy the SOC game and good luck in your next journey!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

I have a question. How exactly does the voting go for the all SOC teams?

Coach93
Freshman Team

Post by Coach93 »

noles_fan » To answer your question I believe that the SOC Teams are picked by the way your team finishes in the League. For example if you your team wins the SOC you get several kid's on the first team and then the rest of league gets their picks and I think it goes the same way for second team picks to. So if your team finishes last you probably won't get but two picks on the first team and one on the second team. I also think all the Coaches talk about all the teams and their players as well in the SOC meeting they have after the regular season ends. :ugeek: :ugeek:

Return to “Soccer”