Northwest 1 St. Joseph 0

79Tiger
All Conference

Northwest 1 St. Joseph 0

Post by 79Tiger »

Northwest wins on a penalty kick. These two teams will meet again next Wednesday if they win their opening games this Saturday. Not a bad showing for the smallest high school in Ohio.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D
4thgoal
SEOPS

Re: Northwest 1 St. Joseph 0

Post by 4thgoal »

Your post got me wondering and I skimmed through the enrollment numbers on OHSAA and St Joseph is not close to being the smallest school who participates in athletics. They could be the smallest in the SE district, but I didn't look that closely. I didn't make it past the H in the alphabetical order, but St Joseph B/G enrollment is 37/25 and here are a few that are quite a bit smaller.

East Richland Christian 11/12
Gilead Christian 17/14
Heritage Christian 20/17

I understand your point about a very small school being able to compete against schools 4 or 5 times larger. Bishop Rosecrans has been quite a power in both boys and girls soccer and they aren't much larger, with enrollment numbers of 49/34.

Pantherfan
Freshman Team

Post by Pantherfan »

St. Joe has built a really nice program over the past few seasons and have done a very nice job against much larger schools. They have great kids, coaches and administrators. Even though Tiger misspoke about them being the smallest school in Ohio, you won't find very many that are smaller. Congratulations to them on another successful season and good luck in the tournament!

79Tiger
All Conference

Post by 79Tiger »

4thgoal wrote:Your post got me wondering and I skimmed through the enrollment numbers on OHSAA and St Joseph is not close to being the smallest school who participates in athletics. They could be the smallest in the SE district, but I didn't look that closely. I didn't make it past the H in the alphabetical order, but St Joseph B/G enrollment is 37/25 and here are a few that are quite a bit smaller.

East Richland Christian 11/12
Gilead Christian 17/14
Heritage Christian 20/17

I understand your point about a very small school being able to compete against schools 4 or 5 times larger. Bishop Rosecrans has been quite a power in both boys and girls soccer and they aren't much larger, with enrollment numbers of 49/34.
I didn't research it. It is just something I have heard often over a number of years. Thanks for information though. Good to know.

Once a Tiger, always a Tiger. :D

Return to “Soccer”