Minford @ Burg

SOCPirates
Waterboy

Minford @ Burg

Post by SOCPirates »

With the girls starting at 5:00 and the boys at 7:00, who's taking home the crown in this SOC showdown? I'm going in favor of the Pirates taking this one because they have so much experience up top, but the minford defense has supposedly been doing pretty well. what's everyone else's thoughts?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: Minford @ Burg

Post by GoAt 10 »

Burg is the favorite being at home, but I think Minford has a better team. Should be a great game tomorrow night!

Im going 1-0 Minford. Good luck to both teams and hope for injury free matches both boys and girls.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Minfords defense now has 2 shutouts in SOC play against Northwest and Burg. Unless West can score on Minfords JV I look for the Falcons to go 3-0 and have 3 straight shutouts.

They aren't scoring many goals but they're playing soccer the right way. After the match against Burg it was easy to tell who the better team was. Congrats to the Falcons.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Burg girls led 2-0 at the half and pulled away for a 6-0 win.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Minford dominated the first half completely. It was rare for the Pirates to have possession in the first half. The Falcon defense kept the ball away from Burgs forwards for pretty much the whole game. Wheelersburg defense stepped up at times, especially Thurmer who IMO played the best game for the Burg.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

The lady pirates really spread the field and passed the ball well. Coach Jarvis is doing a great job with the program. Hard to believe it is only the 3rd season for the girls program.

Mr. Official
Waterboy

Post by Mr. Official »

I believe that the players for burg aren't being utilized to their true potential.

Playing the wrong positions are most of their problem.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Mr. Official wrote:I believe that the players for burg aren't being utilized to their true potential.

Playing the wrong positions are most of their problem.
Until you show some resemblance of a Mid-field i'm not sure it matters. Sure the Thurmer kid would be able to play elsewhere, but you take him off Defense and Minford scores at least 2 more goals. Is it possible Minford is just better at this point in the season? I'm not disagreeing that it could help to an extent, but when you get dominated the entire first half (second half was better) that huge gap in Mid-field may just be the difference.

Return to “Soccer”