District all star game at Chillicothe.

Ukfanatic
Varsity

District all star game at Chillicothe.

Post by Ukfanatic »

Anybody have any info about the District all star game at Chillicothe on Sunday, Is this an all district team or is it a all seniors from the district. How do you find out who Is playing in it.

Athensfc
Waterboy

Re: District all star game at Chillicothe.

Post by Athensfc »

Ukfanatic wrote:Anybody have any info about the District all star game at Chillicothe on Sunday, Is this an all district team or is it a all seniors from the district. How do you find out who Is playing in it.
Each team gets one player. If the team has a senior on first team or second that is their player they send. If a team doesn't have a senior on first or second team then they just add a player. After each team gets one some teams add another as we have some space left on our rosters.
Unfortunately the list of players is not out. We will have programs at the game.

walking_penguins
Waterboy

Post by walking_penguins »

When will the list of players be out?

Athensfc
Waterboy

Post by Athensfc »

walking_penguins wrote:When will the list of players be out?
Coaches should have let their player know. I might be able to have it out tomorrow.

Beagle12
Waterboy

Post by Beagle12 »

Does anyone have an address for the Senior All-Star game? Thanks. I know it's at Chillicothe but wasn't sure where the field was located.

rxburgfan
All State

Post by rxburgfan »

Why no public release of the District awards? Generally someone has cut and pasted the results by now.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

The field is in the dead center of Chillicothe.

104 turns into High Street, find either Allen Ave or Arch St off of High. If you come off of Allen, you'll turn left onto Vine St and then right on Metzger, which will take you right to the field.

If you come from Arch, you'll turn right on Vine and then left on Metzger directly to the field.

For some reason, our district keeps the teams a secret until the day of the game. They get released to the press afterwards. Coaches are allowed to tell players whenever they desire though.

tazla84
Waterboy

Post by tazla84 »

345 Arch St, Chillicothe, Ohio

It used to be Herrenstein Field. Now Obadiah Harris Family Field.

Beagle12
Waterboy

Post by Beagle12 »

Thanks for the address.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

Still no release of all district teams??

Athensfc
Waterboy

Post by Athensfc »

4thgoal wrote:Still no release of all district teams??
Still fixing mistakes should have it done tomorrow morning and have it out. Thanks for being patient with me.

Athensfc
Waterboy

Post by Athensfc »

I have sent out the All District Team to the coaches. They can pass along to their local newspaper. I have also asked our local newspaper sports person to pass along.

Redcard
Freshman Team

Post by Redcard »

Congrats to all local players. Really unfortunate this year the players did not receive a shirt like all the previous others for the last 20 years +.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

Is there any way to find out which players were nominated for All State? Not just the ones who actually got it.

4thgoal
SEOPS

Post by 4thgoal »

No idea who was nominated, but when will all state teams be announced ?

Athensfc
Waterboy

Post by Athensfc »

Redcard-We apologize for not getting the players shirts. There was miss communication with a new rep in charge of the all-star game.

AthensSoccerFan-Unless a coach in the room has a great memory no way to find out what players were nominated for All-state

4thgoal-The All-state team is always announced the Friday of the state championship games.

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

You do not get nominated for all state. Each District gets so many players to the state level, this number is based off a calculation that the OSSCA does every year (and it changes every year).

In the Miami Valley (which is where I coach), we send 7 players to the all state meeting. All 7 make All State (either 1st team or 2nd team).

I'm not sure how many representatives the SE District gets.

District Player of the Year does not automatically guarantee 1st team all state.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

Gview wrote:You do not get nominated for all state. Each District gets so many players to the state level, this number is based off a calculation that the OSSCA does every year (and it changes every year).

In the Miami Valley (which is where I coach), we send 7 players to the all state meeting. All 7 make All State (either 1st team or 2nd team).

I'm not sure how many representatives the SE District gets.

District Player of the Year does not automatically guarantee 1st team all state.
This process is still very confusing. And I have heard several things over the years.

For D2 South East district, the coaches all go in a room and nominate and vote on players. They are allowed to present a narrative. Then a vote takes place? Or is it just horse trading? Is there paper work involved in this? I have heard that past years stats are recorded on some type of official form.

So apparently the voting at state level is to only determine 1st team and 2nd team.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could explain this process. It really should be more transparent. Thanks

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

It is actually very transparent at the state level.

I will explain more later.

Return to “Soccer”