Burg vs. Minford

seops32
Waterboy

Burg vs. Minford

Post by seops32 »

SW and Minford tied 0-0. How will the Burg and Minford game go?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Re: Burg vs. Minford

Post by GoAt 10 »

It's still early. Hard to judge off how each team played other teams. I would go with Minford in a 1-0 or 2-1 type game.

Burg was able to score on Webster and Minford couldn't but Webster couldn't find the back of the net against Minfords defense which seems to be playing well.

SOCPirates
Waterboy

Post by SOCPirates »

But also, do you think that Minford's defense will be able to keep up with Wheelersburg's speed up top?

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

Blevins is fastest forward in our area IMO. If burg scores it will be typical kick and run to a fast forward. That's what they do and they do it well!

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

If Burg defense can step up could be a tight game. Burg has the firepower up front, but defense and mid-field will need to play well to compete against the better teams in the league.

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

BIG POPPA makes a great point. Also has burgs keeper been tested much other then Webster? Minford has been shut out last two games but shouldn't have problem scoring this week against south point or Northwest.

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

GoAt 10 wrote:BIG POPPA makes a great point. Also has burgs keeper been tested much other then Webster? Minford has been shut out last two games but shouldn't have problem scoring this week against south point or Northwest.
Burg played their second game of the season last night so the keeper only has two varsity starts. Minford will likely control the mid field, so Burgs forwards will need to make every shot count. This game will be a test for both defenses, Minford always seems to have a good group, and Christian Hughes will be a player of the year candidate for Wheelersburg. I think it will be a draw with both teams scoring twice!

GoAt 10
JV Team

Post by GoAt 10 »

After watching Minford and seeing the scores from South Point and Northwest games I don't think Minford can score 2 goals playing at Burg.

SOCPirates
Waterboy

Post by SOCPirates »

what were the scores to those games? the minford and south point and minford and northwest?

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

SOCPirates wrote:what were the scores to those games? the minford and south point and minford and northwest?
Minford and South Point tied 2-2 and Minford beat Northwest 1-0

BIG POPPA
Freshman Team

Post by BIG POPPA »

Northwest has been improving for the last few years, so I don't see how a 1-0 win over an improving team is a bad thing. As far as South Point, I haven't seen them so can't really comment. I do believe it will be a good game it usually is when these two play!

noles_fan
S

Post by noles_fan »

GoAt 10 wrote:Blevins is fastest forward in our area IMO. If burg scores it will be typical kick and run to a fast forward. That's what they do and they do it well!
West has a kid with serious speed. Be interesting to see those to go at it.

Return to “Soccer”