Club, who's playing?

Falcon01
S

Club, who's playing?

Post by Falcon01 »

I hope as many kids as possible are playing club. While some of it is certainly watered down, and not the greatest coaches at every club, it's still extra time with a ball on your foot.
So who all out there is playing on a club?

Didn't athens girls coach start up a new club. That'd be a great person to get some good coaching from.

I know fu girls have easily the most girls playing club that they've ever had. Some giving up spring sports at fu to play more club and playing for good clubs. This will make a huge difference for them.

Philos_Finest
All Conference

Re: Club, who's playing?

Post by Philos_Finest »

I think Sean(Athens Girls Coach) is the director at Club Ohio in Athens.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Sean Cook for Athens. Hopefully Ohio University trades the city of Athens property for soccer fields at the Ohio university driving range.

Falcon01
S

Post by Falcon01 »

Philos_Finest wrote:I think Sean(Athens Girls Coach) is the director at Club Ohio in Athens.
He is. I was just hoping to stir up some convo. Sean is a great guy. Kids in the area should go play for him.

AthensSoccerFan
Riding the Bench

Post by AthensSoccerFan »

Raider6309 wrote:Sean Cook for Athens. Hopefully Ohio University trades the city of Athens property for soccer fields at the Ohio university driving range.
Oh if only! I have raised/trained two soccer players here in Athens over the last 12 years and the struggle to find a decent training pitch is very real. The Athens HS training field is a swamp that feels like it was used for a mortar test range. The HS turf is locked or busy with track. The Walmart fields are covered in goose poop. Over the years we have used the OU Field Hockey turf but the new multi million dollar refurbishment replaced the old 70's astro turf with a carpet that clings to your feet like velcro. They don't regularly cut the OU intramural fields. There is not a decent pitch to be found anywhere.

Sean Cook is indeed doing an excellent job with Club Ohio United Athens. Great playing and training opportunities for kids from a very wide geographic area. I know my daughter has enjoyed meeting and training with girls she battled on the pitch from other schools last year or old friends from over by Parkersburg.

Return to “Soccer”