Area Players

burgboy
Freshman Team

Re: Area Players

Post by burgboy »

If I recall right he had a couple of bad games against the burg last year and 2 years ago. He let a shot from about 40 yards go over him for a goal two years ago and last year he let a shot go off his hands and into the goal.

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

I love how everything you post on here someone has to compare or bring it back to burg.I understand that this is a forum and all and you can give examples and what not, but all it is is burg bashing minford.But then again we'll see when the time comes.I dont care what he did then or 10 years ago.I'm talking about now.This ain't a burg forum or a burg vs. minford forum.So you can get of the high horse bubba!!

The_Flash_10
Waterboy

Post by The_Flash_10 »

What about defenders? Explain

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

Waverly should return the majority of their defensive back four this Fall with Harrison Martin (currently a freshman) excelling at the sweeper position...

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

The_Flash_10 wrote:What about defenders? Explain

Almost all of the defenders that will be returning are 2 and 3 year varsity letterman and have plenty of experience.Travis Huff and Ryan Linkous played a lot of games last season and have experience.Kyle Newsome will also be returning as starter as he did last year and has had varsity experience since his freshman year.Also Jacob Sparks could possibly be another addition to the defensive line and several other possible players.

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

Does anyone else have any foreign exchange students other than minford to help out their team.

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

There was a kid from Brazil at Piketon, but I'm not sure if he will still be around in the Fall for Soccer season...

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

pcohio wrote:There was a kid from Brazil at Piketon, but I'm not sure if he will still be around in the Fall for Soccer season...

did he play for them last year?

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I don't believe so...He played Adult Futsal at the YMCA a few times but I don't think he played for the school...

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

anyone see any area players making all state this year?

ndc soccer
Freshman Team

Post by ndc soccer »

No Eli will no be at piketon for next season, he came for the 2nd half of the school year.

For someone to make all state from the SE District they will have to work very hard and play some outstanding 'ball. For some reason we don't get much respect down here

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

NDC Soccer wrote:No Eli will no be at piketon for next season, he came for the 2nd half of the school year.

For someone to make all state from the SE District they will have to work very hard and play some outstanding 'ball. For some reason we don't get much respect down here

It just does not come from "stats" alone, it helps, but the coach that has to be able to convince the other coaches from all around the state to vote for them. It is very tough to do if you have never done it. If you have a bunch of goals by a player, some teams said "well you didn't play anybody good enough"
The years I took my teams to the Ohio Cup, Fairborn tourney and played teams from all around the state and even went up north and played Ada in the regular season, giving the teams up north a chance to have a reference for a score helps. This opens the door when you see and meet different coaches.
We were able to get a few players state recognition by doing this.

Gview
Freshman Team

Post by Gview »

Which is why I started the Greeneview Super Scrimmage, just for that reason.

CHS Sports
Freshman Team

Post by CHS Sports »

Drew Basil from Chillicothe should. He was 3rd team all state last year.
Tony Skowronek from CHS could be able to make it. Both will only be juniors this upcoming season.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

I heard Martin was switching to football.

ssusoccer
Varsity

Post by ssusoccer »

Gview wrote:Which is why I started the Greeneview Super Scrimmage, just for that reason.

Please send me a copy of the schedule when you get it done.
Thanks

It would have been nice if we had this when me and tubby were coaching, and had robinhood and preppy at the same tourney! What a group that would have been!

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I heard Martin was switching to football.

That would be a huge surprise since he has never played football before...

burgboy
Freshman Team

Post by burgboy »

tigers2010onhuddle wrote:I heard Martin was switching to football.

Martin who?

pcohio
Varsity

Post by pcohio »

I guess he is reffering to Harrison Martin...

thenoose
Freshman Team

Post by thenoose »

and who exactly might that be??lol :lol:

Return to “Soccer”