Portsmouth Lady Trojans vs. Portsmouth West Lady Senators in D3 Logan Regional Semifinal

Sweater poorly knit
Waterboy

Re: Portsmouth Lady Trojans vs. Portsmouth West Lady Senators in D3 Logan Regional Semifinal

Post by Sweater poorly knit »

trojandave wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:09 pm This is the last year that there will be a 4 division system. The OHSAA will go to a 7 division system starting next season. It will be interesting to see how that affects district and regional play. Now there's about 200 schools in each division; next season the projection is for the D1 and D2 divisions to have about 64 schools each, with the remaining 5 divisions having about 133 schools each.

Most likely it will be a little easier to win the state title, but it will still will be a great accomplishment.

The "participation trophy" critics I'm sure will use the above to merit their stance, but I'm all for more kids getting a better chance to experience something that might have been more distant in past years. Maybe this will increase the participation numbers, and if it does, that's good by me. If you give kids a reasonable chance to accomplish something, that might be enough motivation to get them off the couch.

I've run 13 marathons in my life, and 5 ultramarathons. I got a "finisher" medal (participation medal) for crossing the finish line in every one of them......and I didn't feel any less gratification for getting them......and I never won any of those events. Those medals mean a lot to me even to this day.
My first thought when I heard about the move to 7 divisions was exactly "participation trophies."

Teams will still have to survive really good squads by the end of it all.

As a former SEO player, there was always something magical about looking at a bracket and knowing we'd have to survive the river schools to even get a crack at this/that team and if we somehow got by them, we'd share the court with SVSM and probably lose by 40. I still love looking at state wide brackets and how a champion navigated to get to the end.

The move to 7 seems a bit excessive but...whatever. We're always gonna have the old guard that loved yesteryear and "kids today."

84Dragon
JV Team

Re: Portsmouth Lady Trojans vs. Portsmouth West Lady Senators in D3 Logan Regional Semifinal

Post by 84Dragon »

Keep everything the same but make the private schools have their own tourney , that would make everyone happy

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Anyone have a score yet?

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Last I saw it was 31-10 PHS in the third.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

45-18 Portsmouth after 3

West has a slight size advantage, but the Trojans are so quick that it hasn’t mattered. The bigs for West have a combined 2 points. Almost everything else is from Sayre.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

WOW! Thanks for the update.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

65-35 win for the Trojans

Pretty dominating after the first couple of minutes. Once they found their range in the 3rd, it was over.

Honestly, West gave a good showing of themselves, but the Trojans are just too good.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Congrats Lady Trojans. Well done and welcome to the elite 8.Good season West ladies. You've represented well.North Adams vs Portsmouth to go to the State final four.Good luck all and safe travels.

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:26 pm 65-35 win for the Trojans

Pretty dominating after the first couple of minutes. Once they found their range in the 3rd, it was over.

Honestly, West gave a good showing of themselves, but the Trojans are just too good.
Portsmouth is just too fast, too quick and too good.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Big win Portsmouth

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Portsmouth did not shoot well the first half but the defense was unreal. 2nd half they starting hitting shots and pulled away. Number 30 is a beast on defense she must of had 6 or 7 blocks.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Lovehoops1
Freshman Team

Post by Lovehoops1 »

Portsmouth is turning out playing very well they may well win it all.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Lovehoops1 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:09 pm Portsmouth is turning out playing very well they may well win it all.
This team is special.You may very well be right.

Return to “Girls Basketball”