Riding the Bench

Fairland vs Portsmouth

Post by Mc1196 »

Will Portsmouth be able to take down the lady Dragons

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Re: Fairland vs Portsmouth

Post by danicalifornia »

If Portsmouth tries to run with Fairland, then no.

I think the Trojans need to find a way to control the pace of the game, which is very difficult to do. But, that’s the way to beat Fairland, lengthen the amount of time that they have to play defense and force them into running their offense in the halfcourt.

That’s the only way they lost last year, so it’s much easier said than done.

Portsmouth has some really talented players, so I could see them competing throughout. Should be a fun game.

Black Panther
SEO

Post by Black Panther »

Mc1196 wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 9:53 pm Will Portsmouth be able to take down the lady Dragons
Yes

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Fairland by 16

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Should be a good game . FHS has played the tougher schedule of the two , that should come in handy . This game will be the toughest test for the Dragons to continue their conference winning streak , which I believe is in the 40s . If the Dragons play like they did against Marietta and Reynoldsburg , it wont be close . Im guessing Dragons by 22

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:37 pm If Portsmouth tries to run with Fairland, then no.

I think the Trojans need to find a way to control the pace of the game, which is very difficult to do. But, that’s the way to beat Fairland, lengthen the amount of time that they have to play defense and force them into running their offense in the halfcourt.

Portsmouth has some really talented players, so I could see them competing throughout. Should be a fun game.

That will be hard Fairland puts on a awesome full court press which will make Portsmouth play fast and if you give Fairland time to run there half court game they will kill you on 3 s

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Fairland is the favorite for good reason......defending OVC champions, Final 4 appearance, and a huge winning streak. With that said, this game should be way more competitive than the 2 blowout losses by the Lady Trojans to FHS last season. One thing that PHS must do is guard the 3 much better than they did last year. The Lady Dragons had it seemed like fifteen 3's in last year's game at Portsmouth.

With Portsmouth being D3, and Fairland being D2, this game can only help the Lady Trojans. Chances are that PHS won't face a tougher opponent in the tourney through the regional.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Go Portsmouth

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

The two times these girls play will definitley be the OVCs best games of the year.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Come T-Time D-2 vs D-3.good for both, Portsmouth still OVC will be strong for a while.

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Geronimo wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:52 pm Come T-Time D-2 vs D-3.good for both, Portsmouth still OVC will be strong for a while.
You picking the Trojans over the Dragons?

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

I didn't say that, Portsmouth maybe a year from being real good 👍 as for T-TIME one is D-2 and other D-3 and the OVC will be strong for a while.what are you smoking 🚬🚬

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

Geronimo wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 2:56 pm I didn't say that, Portsmouth maybe a year from being real good 👍 as for T-TIME one is D-2 and other D-3 and the OVC will be strong for a while.what are you smoking 🚬🚬
Not sure why your being a jerk. I just asked a question. Have a good day and happy new year.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

To you and yours 👍 thanks

Pioneer14
Waterboy

Post by Pioneer14 »

danicalifornia wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 10:37 pm If Portsmouth tries to run with Fairland, then no.

Fairland wins but I totally agree with this post. Shorten the game and must execute on a high level on the offensive end. They are long and can beat you multiple ways when they have the ball but like to do it quickly. Without a shot clock they are beatable.

dantargaryen
Riding the Bench

Post by dantargaryen »

The Lady Trojans have looked good so far, but I don't know that they will be able to control the tempo of this game which they will have to do in order to keep it close. I think this will be the closest game points wise for the Lady Dragons, but I think at the end of the day, Coach Buch has this team running like a well-oiled machine that isn't going to stop until they not only get back to the Final Four, but bring home Fairland's first state championship.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

dantargaryen wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:06 pm The Lady Trojans have looked good so far, but I don't know that they will be able to control the tempo of this game which they will have to do in order to keep it close. I think this will be the closest game points wise for the Lady Dragons, but I think at the end of the day, Coach Buch has this team running like a well-oiled machine that isn't going to stop until they not only get back to the Final Four, but bring home Fairland's first state championship.
Unfortunately for Fairland and the other local teams , they have to go thru the private school route to bring home the state championship. That is always going to be a hard test no matter how good you are , and , completely unfair .

Jonjon
Freshman Team

Post by Jonjon »

84Dragon wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:03 am
dantargaryen wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 4:06 pm The Lady Trojans have looked good so far, but I don't know that they will be able to control the tempo of this game which they will have to do in order to keep it close. I think this will be the closest game points wise for the Lady Dragons, but I think at the end of the day, Coach Buch has this team running like a well-oiled machine that isn't going to stop until they not only get back to the Final Four, but bring home Fairland's first state championship.
Unfortunately for Fairland and the other local teams , they have to go thru the private school route to bring home the state championship. That is always going to be a hard test no matter how good you are , and , completely unfair .
I agree 100%! However, if fairland is on their game they can beat any team in any division in the state this year. Hopefully they complete their mission and bring Proctorville it’s first state championship. Anything can happen.

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

What’s start time on varsity game? Port’s traditionally has played jr high girls prior to varsity girls but heard that may not be case. Thanks

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Return to “Girls Basketball”