Using profanity in coaching

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Using profanity in coaching

Post by warningtrackpower »

Last week I received an email at the website (SVCsportszone.com) from a parent asking about coaches using profanity. I talked about it on this week’s show (SVC Sports Talk). The discussion is in the first segment of the show. Below is the link – would love the thoughts of people from throughout the SE district – THANKS

http://www.dbkmediaservices.com/wordpre ... talk121415

warningtrackpower
All Conference

Re: Using profanity in coaching

Post by warningtrackpower »

Great feedback over on boys basketball - appreciate it all leading into this week's show. I have had some feedback to the website email that goes on both sides like we are reading here, but one email that is really different is the one I thought I would ask to continue the talk. The email asked:

Do you think there is a difference in expectation when using this language when coaching guys compared to girls? Do we fairly (or unfairly) hold female athletes to a different expectation when it comes to their actions/language as athletes and/or students?

fortdawg
All Conference

Re: Using profanity in coaching

Post by fortdawg »

Can anybody give me an example of where a really successful coach was fired over this issue?

Guy/Gal just won a District, Regional, or State Championship and gets canned because he/she said, "S**t, or G****n".

This issue is usually raised by disgruntled parents or players.

I'll stand corrected if someone gives me the name of anyone who fits my criteria above.

Return to “Girls Basketball”