North Adams vs Eastern Brown?

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

North Adams vs Eastern Brown?

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

I had this game earlier this season. This will be the biggest and most passionate girls fan bases you will find. It will be loud, players will play hard and it will be intense. Huge crowd headed your way Logan!!!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: North Adams vs Eastern Brown?

Post by Ironman92 »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:28 pm I had this game earlier this season. This will be the biggest and most passionate girls fan bases you will find. It will be loud, players will play hard and it will be intense. Huge crowd headed your way Logan!!!
That’s funny....they are 8 miles from each other and have to travel 2 hours to face each other, but I guarantee they’ll be happy as hell to do it. I know a lot of people from each community.....they’ll have fun! Look out Pizza Crossing!

I think a few years ago Eastern and Lynchburg squared off at Logan

I’ll take Eastern by 6 but NA seems to be peaking. Both have great coaches.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

One team will be in the regional finals. Way to represent the SHAC ladies. I'm not gonna venture a guess on this one. They are our neighbors and I would get flac any way I picked.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I promise you that these two teams know each other just about as well as they know there own teammates. Should be an outstanding ballgame.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

I know this has come up before, and host schools make lots of money as regional finals sites., but i Wish they could play this one on a neutral site(Like the Patriot Center in Hillsboro ) instead of a 2 plus hour trip to Logan when Eastern Brown and North Adam's LITERALLY border each other and the buildings are 8 miles apart. For point of reference for everyone unfamiliar with us here on the Western fringes of the district, it would be like Waverly and Piketon driving to Cincinnati to play each other, or Chesapeake and Fairland driving to Columbus to play each other. That being said , North Adam's is surging and seem to be hitting their peak. Eastern has seemed to plateau since mid January. Yhe teams split their regular season games. I like NA's surge, but I like Eastern's coaching staff's big game preparations and experience. It is as true toss up. These schools are league rivals but one of love and respect for each other. It will be a classic!

NorthAdams88
Waterboy

Post by NorthAdams88 »

I'll take our Lady Devils 🏀🏀🏀 It's going to be a great game!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I'm just a little surprised at the lack of people wanting to comment on this game, definitely two of the best Div-3 teams probably in SEO. I realize it's still a day or so away, or maybe the fact that they are very big Rivals year in and out, that they do have a mutual respect for each other. Having only seen both teams a couple times this year, I really have no idea as to whom I would give the edge to. Maybe there are just not that many people from the Eastern Brown or North Adams area that normally post on here. Logan has a beautiful facility, and with the loyal fans from each school, I doubt very much that the distance will be a factor for either school. This being the tie breaker this year, should be an outstanding ballgame.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:47 pm I'm just a little surprised at the lack of people wanting to comment on this game, definitely two of the best Div-3 teams probably in SEO. I realize it's still a day or so away, or maybe the fact that they are very big Rivals year in and out, that they do have a mutual respect for each other. Having only seen both teams a couple times this year, I really have no idea as to whom I would give the edge to. Maybe there are just not that many people from the Eastern Brown or North Adams area that normally post on here. Logan has a beautiful facility, and with the loyal fans from each school, I doubt very much that the distance will be a factor for either school. This being the tie breaker this year, should be an outstanding ballgame.
There may be a bloody nose or two in this game. They know each other sooo well.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:52 pm
VetteMan wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 11:47 pm I'm just a little surprised at the lack of people wanting to comment on this game, definitely two of the best Div-3 teams probably in SEO. I realize it's still a day or so away, or maybe the fact that they are very big Rivals year in and out, that they do have a mutual respect for each other. Having only seen both teams a couple times this year, I really have no idea as to whom I would give the edge to. Maybe there are just not that many people from the Eastern Brown or North Adams area that normally post on here. Logan has a beautiful facility, and with the loyal fans from each school, I doubt very much that the distance will be a factor for either school. This being the tie breaker this year, should be an outstanding ballgame.
There may be a bloody nose or two in this game. They know each other sooo well.
Hoopie, I know for a fact that not only these two schools, but Peebles as well live and die for there basketball programs. Have any of the 3 schools ever considered starting a football program ? With the problems that a lot of the smaller schools all over the State are having with low numbers of kids wanting to participate, I can kind of see why Peebles being a little smaller maybe would not be interested.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

We all have club teams that are very competitive. Bball coaches aren't too fond of their players competing,but; our league SOIL( southern Ohio independent league, consisting of Peebles,North Adams,West Union, Georgetown and Eastern who are called Southern Buckeye) play hard and have their own play off and super bowl. Southern Buckeye won it all last year. My grandson plays with them. There have been several Colleage scalorships received by some of these kids. Hopefully the schools will take it over in the future. We have regular high school rules,play other schools around the district and use high school officials. Thanks for asking.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:29 am We all have club teams that are very competitive. Bball coaches aren't too fond of their players competing,but; our league SOIL( southern Ohio independent league, consisting of Peebles,North Adams,West Union, Georgetown and Eastern who are called Southern Buckeye) play hard and have their own play off and super bowl. Southern Buckeye won it all last year. My grandson plays with them. There have been several Colleage scalorships received by some of these kids. Hopefully the schools will take it over in the future. We have regular high school rules,play other schools around the district and use high school officials. Thanks for asking.
Thanks, I didn't really know that. Maybe I should already know, but why is Eastern Brown called Southern Buckeye ?

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:03 am
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:29 am We all have club teams that are very competitive. Bball coaches aren't too fond of their players competing,but; our league SOIL( southern Ohio independent league, consisting of Peebles,North Adams,West Union, Georgetown and Eastern who are called Southern Buckeye) play hard and have their own play off and super bowl. Southern Buckeye won it all last year. My grandson plays with them. There have been several Colleage scalorships received by some of these kids. Hopefully the schools will take it over in the future. We have regular high school rules,play other schools around the district and use high school officials. Thanks for asking.
Thanks, I didn't really know that. Maybe I should already know, but why is Eastern Brown called Southern Buckeye ?
Not sure why they named them that. They play in Russellville area. They played Green in a scrimmage last year and played a few Cincinnati schools in the past. West Union has had some very good teams and Manchester played a few games in the league ,but; are not SOIL members yet. I think they will be soon. I sure wish the schools would pick those teams up as a sport. We have 3/4 th grade teams,5/6th grade teams,JR High and High School schedules. It's been an adventure. All schools had football in the mid to late 70s. Money knocked them out.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Back to the game at hand. Eastern is gritty and has alot if talent. North Adams brings the same. Overall North Adams has a few more tall girls,but; Eastern has some athletes. Kind of a clash of matchups and it always makes for a great game.
Foul shooting and board work wins this. Maybe even an offensive rebound after foul shot and putback for the win. I guess 45-43 final. Safe travels all
Last edited by Hoopie74 on Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

FrontrowNA
Waterboy

Post by FrontrowNA »

I’ll take the lady devils. I think their length and speed up front will give EB fits. Also look for Harper to have a game like she did the first time these two teams played rather then the last time. Maybe not the 30pts but the aggressiveness on the offensive side of the ball. Should be a great game and a packed gym!

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:49 am Back to the game at hand. Eastern is gritty and has alot if talent. North Adams brings the same. Overall North Adams has a few more tall girls,but; Eastern has some athletes. Kind of a clash of matchups and it always makes for a great game.
Foul shooting and board work wins this. Maybe even an offensive rebound after foul shot and putback for the win. I guess 45-43 final. Safe travels all
I see that you were very careful in as much as witch team you picked to win that game 45-43. Lol

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

VetteMan wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:05 pm
Hoopie74 wrote: Tue Mar 03, 2020 11:49 am Back to the game at hand. Eastern is gritty and has alot if talent. North Adams brings the same. Overall North Adams has a few more tall girls,but; Eastern has some athletes. Kind of a clash of matchups and it always makes for a great game.
I see that you were very careful in as much as witch team you picked to win that game 45-43. Lol
Neighbors!!! Putback may be the clue.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Putbacks...nerves...emotion...experience..All the intangibles will decide this game, because both teams are good and evenly matched though different.

warrior 89
Freshman Team

Post by warrior 89 »

These two teams battle it out year after year, this year being no different, they split the regular season both winning on their home courts, both games by single digits. Both the Lady Devils and Lady Warriors along with their coaching staff and fans should be very proud of their accomplishments and getting to this point. The winner of this game might come to the old saying of “one game too far” with Berlin Hiland being the likely opponent, and maybe not that is why they the game. On the other side one of these two teams will come up short on the scoreboard and should not look at themselves as losers, great season, great run, and great accomplishment. We the communities will travel two plus hours to support a great bunch of girls, go represent your school with pride and respect for your coaches, your parents whom have gave up endless amounts of time and money to support you, the fans, the officials, and your opponents. Good luck to both teams!

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

This is the big day . Third meeting this year for all the marbles. Who wins. Safe travels all.

WonderNova
Freshman Team

Post by WonderNova »

Safe travels to all involved! This is going to be an epic battle. I know there's quite a few frustrated folks in the North Adams Community because of the decision not to have a 2 hour delay tomorrow. Because of the 8:00 start time and about the two and a half hours it takes to get from Winchester and Seaman to Logan many people primarily students and even staff will not be getting home until way after midnight . Eastern Brown on the other hand their District decided to announce a delay on Monday to allow their students and staff some extra rest. I am curious if this will be keeping some students and teachers from attending?

Return to “Girls Basketball”