SEOP

OVC Previews (Nov-15-2019)

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Re: OVC Previews (Nov-15-2019)

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Tonight!

Post by VetteMan »

No results at all, I'm a little surprised at that.

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

It's top secret info.

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I watched the Foundation Game last night between the Gallia girls and the Oak Hill girls. Not knowing the situation or anything, I was just really surprised by how very few girls were on the Gallia team. Unless I missed something or they may have some kids hurt, I think they only dressed 7 girls. I guess that for the size of the school, that I'm just a little shocked that they would have that few kid's being involved in basketball.

longball
JV Team

Post by longball »

VetteMan wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:25 pm I watched the Foundation Game last night between the Gallia girls and the Oak Hill girls. Not knowing the situation or anything, I was just really surprised by how very few girls were on the Gallia team. Unless I missed something or they may have some kids hurt, I think they only dressed 7 girls. I guess that for the size of the school, that I'm just a little shocked that they would have that few kid's being involved in basketball.
I don't find it one bit surprising that a school that size only has 7 girls on the roster. Eliminating JV quarters and games gives the younger or less experienced kids no incentive to play. I know most will say JV is limited due to low numbers. The numbers wouldn't be low if the communities would be more involved with the biddy programs. Most teams only have 6-7 girls step foot on the court so why wouldn't numbers be low?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

longball wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:44 pm
VetteMan wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:25 pm I watched the Foundation Game last night between the Gallia girls and the Oak Hill girls. Not knowing the situation or anything, I was just really surprised by how very few girls were on the Gallia team. Unless I missed something or they may have some kids hurt, I think they only dressed 7 girls. I guess that for the size of the school, that I'm just a little shocked that they would have that few kid's being involved in basketball.
I don't find it one bit surprising that a school that size only has 7 girls on the roster. Eliminating JV quarters and games gives the younger or less experienced kids no incentive to play. I know most will say JV is limited due to low numbers. The numbers wouldn't be low if the communities would be more involved with the biddy programs. Most teams only have 6-7 girls step foot on the court so why wouldn't numbers be low?
I will have to agree with 90% with what you're saying, especially with some of the schools and there JV programs. I'm not that familiar with Gallia Academy and there boys or girls programs. I was even a little surprised at the crowd, as it looked like OH had quite a few more fans there than what GA did.

Return to “Girls Basketball”