SEOPS HOF

3/14 State Semi #5 Sheridan vs #4 Toledo Rogers

Post by Raider6309 »

Thoughts?

mattash
Site Admin

Re: 3/14 State Semi #5 Sheridan vs #4 Toledo Rogers

Post by mattash »

Rooting for Sheridan lol. Toledo is loaded though right?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

Interesting comments from the coaches of Bellevue and Rodgers. http://www.norwalkreflector.com/Basketb ... am&lp=1&p=

FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

OHSAA will always deny that major improprieties are taking place more and more with high school athletics and player eligibility, transfers, etc. especially with the Catholic or parochial schools so the public schools jumped on that same boat with work arounds years ago to be competitive at the state level and it's worked out well. Homegrown talent and neighborhood school comraderie left the train station many years ago never to return as we'll keep seeing a disproportionate number of the same schools winning title after title in various sports because of this elusiveness especially around metropolitan areas with large populations even though school "size" numbers are legitimate on the books when checked and balanced . It's one big ruse IMO.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:02 am OHSAA will always deny that major improprieties are taking place more and more with high school athletics and player eligibility, transfers, etc. especially with the Catholic or parochial schools so the public schools jumped on that same boat with work arounds years ago to be competitive at the state level and it's worked out well. Homegrown talent and neighborhood school comraderie left the train station many years ago never to return as we'll keep seeing a disproportionate number of the same schools winning title after title in various sports because of this elusiveness especially around metropolitan areas with large populations even though school "size" numbers are legitimate on the books when checked and balanced . It's one big ruse IMO.
Yep, it's a shame cause now the dream of kids in schools who depend on local "homegrown" kids is not the pipedream of a state title but a regional berth. Teams who don't live in or around bigger cities or towns can not compete with the teams who trade players. Soon we will see advertising in the local papers: wanted - a couple of 6'5"" small forwards. We have many guards and an extra center to trade. Contact ------_----

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Good luck to Sheridan in there upcoming Final 4 Semi Final matchup with Toledo Rodgers.

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Sheridan,I believe has the mindset and coaching to do well. Good luck.

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Sheridan is a great team and very disciplined... but Toledo Rogers is a different animal. Eventually they'll get busted for recruiting but sadly they haven't yet.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
FANOSPORTS
SEOPS

Post by FANOSPORTS »

bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:51 am Sheridan is a great team and very disciplined... but Toledo Rogers is a different animal. Eventually they'll get busted for recruiting but sadly they haven't yet.
I'm gonna listen to both the Hiland-Africentric and Sheridan-Rogers games today. It's night and day when comparing the talent access pool to players from city and country schools regardless of division and OHSAA will never acknowledge the real truth. Yes, rural areas have players come and go for various reasons which are unscrupulous but when you have whole teams of basically hand picked AAU players on one team around these metro areas it's a farce. I grew up in Meigs county and have been in Columbus for 30 years and I'll always root for the rural teams with a couple good move in's rather than what I've seen going on over the years with metro teams, both public and private in all sports.

"ONCE A MARINE, ALWAYS A MARINE"
bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:45 am
bbjunky81 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 8:51 am Sheridan is a great team and very disciplined... but Toledo Rogers is a different animal. Eventually they'll get busted for recruiting but sadly they haven't yet.
I'm gonna listen to both the Hiland-Africentric and Sheridan-Rogers games today. It's night and day when comparing the talent access pool to players from city and country schools regardless of division and OHSAA will never acknowledge the real truth. Yes, rural areas have players come and go for various reasons which are unscrupulous but when you have whole teams of basically hand picked AAU players on one team around these metro areas it's a farce. I grew up in Meigs county and have been in Columbus for 30 years and I'll always root for the rural teams with a couple good move in's rather than what I've seen going on over the years with metro teams, both public and private in all sports.
Me and you both buddy!

Best of luck to Sheridan today!

Watching SE Ohio basketball
Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

bbjunky81 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:12 am
FANOSPORTS wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:45 am
Me and you both buddy!

Best of luck to Sheridan today!
I'm with y'all. I had the same thoughts a few years ago when my Indians we're falling to Africentric ,harvest prep and Wellington in division 4. The trend now is for teams going down in classification to compete. Small schools are not acceptable at the state level I guess. Go Sheridan.

dpatty
Freshman Team

Post by dpatty »

A bit torn here, the school I went to is in the MVL so normally I would root for Sheridan but because I live in Toledo, i have seen 8-10 games of Rogers this year on TV (and dozens in Cooke’s 4 years) so I have seen this team grow. I have been waiting for a matchup of the MVL, Zanesville area vs Toledo area for 13 years now and I finally get it. Having said all that, I will probably pull for Rogers.

Tonight or Saturday will mark the end of Zia Cooke’s remarkable career and I think she would be the best HS basketball player I have seen on the girls side. This includes a current WNBA player. A born leader and one heck of a playmaker. Stat stuffer. Its been a treat to watch her during her 4 year career and I will follow her career at South Carolina. D2 POY this year and 3rd place in Ms.Basketball. I believe she would say Kierstan Bell can have those awards in exchange for a second title. She is a finalist for the Naismith National POY award which will be awarded tomorrow(Horston from Africentric is also one of the 5 finalists, Bell isn’t, which doesn’t make sense).

bsee12345
Varsity

Post by bsee12345 »

Sheridan hanging tough down 25-18 at half

Tri-StateYouthSports
SEOP

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Sheridan(46) - (50)Rogers @ 0:48 4th Qtr

Post by Tri-StateYouthSports »

Sheridan(48) - (56)Rogers -- Final

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Sheridan on an outstanding season, and a great tournament run.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Really good season. Wished Sheridan was a little more south so I could see them play some

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
1gcfan
Riding the Bench

Post by 1gcfan »

Sheridan gave all they could staying close all the way. Some of us who started following Sheridan on the tournament trail will always wonder what would have happened if Rachel Cooke would have been able to play. Still with the two freshman accounting for 26 points and Mick returning to lead, the future is bright for the Generals.

Rogers's Zia Cooke (37 pts) is so smooth and can really sky. Her shot barely wrinkles the net. However, I will not be surprised if Dayton Carroll is able to pull off the upset on Saturday.

E High
All State

Post by E High »

Congrats Sheridan. What a wonderful ride !!!

E High
All State

Post by E High »

👍👍

Return to “Girls Basketball”