Official Suspended by OHSAA

bfry
JV Team

Official Suspended by OHSAA

Post by bfry »

One of the best officials in the Southeast District was turned in to the state for allowing two teams to wear dark colored jerseys in a district game. He was stripped of additional district and regional games as a result. How in the world, outside of other agendas does this punishment stand? What do you do? Send kids home from a district game with a forfeit because they brought the wrong color? Are you kidding me? Didn't this same situation get rectified last year without incident? I don't get it!

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Official Suspended by OHSAA

Post by Ironman92 »

Who turned him in and why?

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Don't know exactly who turned him in ( I do). Rule violation for both teams wearing dark.

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Craziness

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

bfry wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:30 pm Don't know exactly who turned him in ( I do). Rule violation for both teams wearing dark.
So you know who turned him in?

bfry
JV Team

Post by bfry »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:30 am
bfry wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 11:30 pm Don't know exactly who turned him in ( I do). Rule violation for both teams wearing dark.
So you know who turned him in?
No, but I can put 2 and 2 together.

turnover
Waterboy

Post by turnover »

I'm not sure he was suspended for "letting" both teams wear dark uniforms. At one time, there was a rule against it with the team that was supposed to wear the white jerseys accessed a technical foul for each "wrong" jersey that entered the game, starting with 5 technicals to start the game. Then, as each new sub came into the game, the team would get another technical foul. Perhaps, this was not done, but how do you just suspend one official and not all three? Wouldn't the other two have to agree to it, along with the head coaches of both teams? And where are the District representatives? Wouldn't they have to approve it before the game started? I just don't know why you single out one guy over this.

I have no idea if this is still the rule, and it may have been an honest mistake by whomever was supposed to wear the white uniforms. To me, this is an outdated rule and as long as the two teams have different colored "dark" uniforms, it should not be an issue. JMO

SCOH50
JV Team

Post by SCOH50 »

I was told that both coaches agreed to it, but when you lose in the end your view changes, I mean the true people at fault were the Coaching staff of the team supposed to be away and the AD. Another reason you tell your players to bring both at that level, stuff happens for sure. That is two years back to back Boys get to the Convo and make that mistake.

Southern Ohio just lost one of the best in Southern Ohio on both Boys and Girls side of ball. And I cant blame him, try to be a "good guy" and get screwed by the people that you are trying to help..

alabama mike
SE

Post by alabama mike »

The Whiteoak coach should face a fine or suspension as well as the site administrator if the OHSAA is going to remove games from this man. The person in question could have been a prick and made the team change and access the technical foul but BOTH teams agreed. Where is the common sense?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

Their is already a topic about this in the boys basketball forum.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Girls Basketball”