Why Logan girls basketball is in such sad shape

bobcat43138
Riding the Bench

Why Logan girls basketball is in such sad shape

Post by bobcat43138 »

IMO;
Some of the girls that left were because their parents didn't think they were getting enough playing time and the coach would not address their needs.And I agree that the administration is still hiring out of the old cliche of the good old boys club.And I know a few were hired because of their past relationships with administrators.But it's always been like that at Logan.As far as the junior high teams are concerned they are terrible problems there.After talking with numerous parents they agreed their children got no skills at the youth level.But that is the fault of the current administration.They pushed for the school to take over the youth programs in Logan.Now just like with their coaches and numerous turnovers they are turning their youth program over to the city recreation.That will be the total collapse of their entire basketball program.Look what city recreation did to the high school baseball program.It is the individual men and women who spend most of their free time and money putting together these out of rec teams together to have a mini farm system so to speak for the high school teams.The same will happen to their youth basketball program also.Its just a shame that Logan has come to this.The group of boys in the varsity basketball program is proof. Those boys mostly played I think for one of the private basketball organizations in Logan.And look at their success.So we will see what success comes after this year.Like I said in my opinion.

YouthBball
Waterboy

Re: Why Logan girls basketball is in such sad shape

Post by YouthBball »

I just wanted to take a second to let everyone know the Logan City Rec. is Not taking charge of the Logan Youth Basketball Program and there was Never any talk about doing so. I know this as a Fact because I am on the board of both programs. Thank You.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

What about the assistant principal, played at logan way back in the day and used to help Swinehart. Meyers maybe? I would think he would do a good job with the girls program. Been around the game a long time. Or if you want to go outside, how about Katie Smith's AAU coach, what was his name? Connor?

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm What about the assistant principal, played at logan way back in the day and used to help Swinehart. Meyers maybe? I would think he would do a good job with the girls program. Been around the game a long time. Or if you want to go outside, how about Katie Smith's AAU coach, what was his name? Connor?
But that’s just it. Once again we are looking for the next coach. I think the parents are at fault for not letting coaches coach. But I blame the AD and the rest of administration for listening to those parents instead of backing their coaches.

The Logan girls lost by nearly 40 in the first round as the #35 seed. If the AD would just back the coach, this years team could have been great and played well into March.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

SEFan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:32 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 pm What about the assistant principal, played at logan way back in the day and used to help Swinehart. Meyers maybe? I would think he would do a good job with the girls program. Been around the game a long time. Or if you want to go outside, how about Katie Smith's AAU coach, what was his name? Connor?
But that’s just it. Once again we are looking for the next coach. I think the parents are at fault for not letting coaches coach. But I blame the AD and the rest of administration for listening to those parents instead of backing their coaches.

The Logan girls lost by nearly 40 in the first round as the #35 seed. If the AD would just back the coach, this years team could have been great and played well into March.
Isn’t this years team all over SE Ohio? Several were leaving regardless.

Fletchlives
JV Team

Post by Fletchlives »

Did Logan's coach resign?

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:32 am
SEFan wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:32 am

Isn’t this years team all over SE Ohio? Several were leaving regardless.
3 starters left. They left because Coach Chadwell got let go.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

Fletchlives wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:35 am Did Logan's coach resign?
You mean Jess Harris? I haven’t heard that but with this program you never know. If she has, wonder if she was asked to or she just did.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Hope Jess stays. I think she can be a good coach. She did very well as a Jr varsity. Her problem might be what will be coming up here in a year or so.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

The Evans girl who plays volleyball was quite the hooper in middle school. Not saying that solves Logan’s problem, not at all! But, a school such as Logan, in the situation that they’re in, can’t help but think they have some talent in the hallways.

Truth&fiction
Varsity

Post by Truth&fiction »

I'm surprised any one would start a topic like this about any school in the SEO . Starting one about your own school to slander for your own comfort amazes me . Kids play sport because they have a desire and Fans come watch because they enjoy watch young men and Ladies compete . Win or loose the hours of practice , the long nights on buses and late night studies to maintain above average grades and yes the parents that sacrifices time and money your thread is insulting to the school , the program and the community .

bobcat43138
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat43138 »

So I assume we can only read your replies and negative comments on sports.Its an opinion that's all.If you don't like the thread don't respond.

Chieftain Fan
Varsity

Post by Chieftain Fan »

Truth&fiction wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:37 am I'm surprised any one would start a topic like this about any school in the SEO . Starting one about your own school to slander for your own comfort amazes me . Kids play sport because they have a desire and Fans come watch because they enjoy watch young men and Ladies compete . Win or loose the hours of practice , the long nights on buses and late night studies to maintain above average grades and yes the parents that sacrifices time and money your thread is insulting to the school , the program and the community .
There appears to be a very few people that will be negative on Logan Sports but they have a right to express it . We do not have to agree. I did think your post was spot on and you were saying what a lot of Logan people think. Word of advice, take some post with a grain of salt.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

The OP was just stating an opinion, and one that I agree with on some points. You can’t tell me if we would have been full go this winter, that we wouldn’t still be playing. They what if on this years team is painful.

bobcat43138
Riding the Bench

Post by bobcat43138 »

I don't think I have ever heard the AD not backing a coach.I have always heard her say nice things and nothing negative of any coach.

SEFan
JV Team

Post by SEFan »

bobcat43138 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 7:51 pm I don't think I have ever heard the AD not backing a coach.I have always heard her say nice things and nothing negative of any coach.
Then you tell me why there is so much turnover in coaches in almost every sport.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

All y'all that are complaining about the AD.
Go be AD for a day then come back and complain. :lol:

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!

Return to “Girls Basketball”