SVC Sports Talk Ep 235

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

SVC Sports Talk Ep 235

Post by danicalifornia »

This week’s episode where we gave a couple of headlines for the boys and girls league, as well as answered a couple of listener emails. We finished the show with a new segment that gives a look inside the mind of a veteran coach. Take a listen and leave some feedback if you have any!

http://dbkmediaservices.com/wordpress/s ... talk120318

The Tankster
Waterboy

Re: SVC Sports Talk Ep 235

Post by The Tankster »

It looks as if Unioto will win the league hands down. These are many of the same players that won the league in volleyball in the fall. I look for Fisher to be the POY this year.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

The Tankster wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:12 pm It looks as if Unioto will win the league hands down. These are many of the same players that won the league in volleyball in the fall. I look for Fisher to be the POY this year.
It will come down to her and Collins. Going to be a close race.

Then it's Bayse's for the next 3 years.

tankbballfan
Waterboy

Post by tankbballfan »

Been watching girls basketball for years now.
Fisher should be player of year. Next year is definitely another Sherman (Cottrill,Coleman.or Stulley). Bayse couldn't handle tanks defensive pressure this year and will be same for next.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

tankbballfan wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:58 pm Been watching girls basketball for years now.
Fisher should be player of year. Next year is definitely another Sherman (Cottrill,Coleman.or Stulley). Bayse couldn't handle tanks defensive pressure this year and will be same for next.
I feel like there's a touch of bias here. Collins will outscore Fisher, and is great defensively. Don't think you can say, without bias, that anyone "should" win it at this point.

Unioto isn't the only team on Huntington's schedule, so not sure what you're trying to say. We'll see what happens, but I'm sticking with my prediction.

tankbballfan
Waterboy

Post by tankbballfan »

As far as Unioto isn’t only team Huntington has to play?? Not sure what you mean? Anyone who seriously follows girls basketball knows Sherman’s won’t be touched in league play this year and next. Not being bias just stating talent in league.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

tankbballfan wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:31 pm As far as Unioto isn’t only team Huntington has to play?? Not sure what you mean? Anyone who seriously follows girls basketball knows Sherman’s won’t be touched in league play this year and next. Not being bias just stating talent in league.
You said Bayse couldn't handle Unioto's pressure, the teams play 2 times out of 20+ games. She'll have plenty of opportunity to prove herself in games not against Unioto. Bayse will also have another year of experienced.

Also, I never said anything about Unioto as a team, and predicted them to be Gold Ball winners. Just because they win the league, doesn't mean one of their players get voted as POY.

Return to “Girls Basketball”