2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Black Panther
SEO

Re: 2018/19 Portsmouth Lady Trojans

Post by Black Panther »

Prime Time wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm What caught my attention in all this was the comment of the train wreck program in past. So why was this program allowed to get to just depths in first place. I’m sure Portsmouth has talent on the girls side of things, if you look at the boys side seems to be always plenty of talent. I would think Portsmouth would be in great hands now and the future looks even brighter, sometimes drastic steps has to be made to bring about change and shake things up. It starts in younger grades and developed each year. Another question is how is other girls programs any success at all or same train wrecks.
Maybe some long time phs fans can step up here, but the last time I remember phs girls having a remotely good team is when they mopped the floor with my high school in the district tournament at Athens High School many years ago.They had a couple real good players on that team, Hairston and Froe I believe.They both dominated the paint.They may have had a decent team or two in the early 2000's or late 90's but for the most part they've been down.

"I have a deep affection for the University of Pittsburgh.It is my University.I am proud to be a Pitt man.”-Jock Sutherland
thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

Miles Wood wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:57 am
Dragon70 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:49 am
Miles Wood wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:18 pm Ok,everybody has their panties in a bunch because they think they gave up on defense.tell me,so what did they do on offense ?Just throw the ball back to fairland? That would be the true sign they threw in the towel. And better yet,why did fairland not attack? Two wrongs don’t make a right.
OFFENSE?? They couldn't throw the ball back cause they never touched it!! They didn't move for close to 5 mins but I agree with the wrongs tho!!
How in the heck is that even possible.wouldnt have to get a five second count at some point.
Now, here is a really rules guru for you! Someone please take away this person’s right to yell at a game or give an opinion on calls!

Miles Wood
Waterboy

Post by Miles Wood »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:58 am
Dragon70 wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:49 am

OFFENSE?? They couldn't throw the ball back cause they never touched it!! They didn't move for close to 5 mins but I agree with the wrongs tho!!
How in the heck is that even possible.wouldnt have to get a five second count at some point.
Now, here is a really rules guru for you! Someone please take away this person’s right to yell at a game or give an opinion on calls!
Next time I'm at a game i'll throw you a pair of glasses.Then maybe you can make some better calls.

"The Autumn Wind Is A Pirate"
thebarlowbandit
All State

Miles Wood wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 10:56 am
thebarlowbandit wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 3:58 am
Next time I'm at a game i'll throw you a pair of glasses.Then maybe you can make some better calls.
Really? You are the one who just threw out a blatant misunderstanding of rules. Then you get butt hurt when it’s pointed out. You probably still yell “over the back”?

thebarlowbandit
All State

Black Panther wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:51 pm
Prime Time wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 9:35 pm What caught my attention in all this was the comment of the train wreck program in past. So why was this program allowed to get to just depths in first place. I’m sure Portsmouth has talent on the girls side of things, if you look at the boys side seems to be always plenty of talent. I would think Portsmouth would be in great hands now and the future looks even brighter, sometimes drastic steps has to be made to bring about change and shake things up. It starts in younger grades and developed each year. Another question is how is other girls programs any success at all or same train wrecks.
Maybe some long time phs fans can step up here, but the last time I remember phs girls having a remotely good team is when they mopped the floor with my high school in the district tournament at Athens High School many years ago.They had a couple real good players on that team, Hairston and Froe I believe.They both dominated the paint.They may have had a decent team or two in the early 2000's or late 90's but for the most part they've been down.
PHS has definitely had a turn around in W-L, but the quality of teams beaten leave a lot to be desired. But hey guess you have to start somewhere.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Is the skill set of the players that down , that they cant dribble except for one player. Thats what im reading and if so it will take time and what kind of conditioning is there. Can players run non stop and play D all over the court.

trojandave
SEOP
Location: Portsmouth HS--15 State Appearances in Boys Basketball--4th All Time in Ohio

Post by trojandave »

Having watched about a half dozen games this year, one position that the Lady Trojans are going to have trouble filling is point guard. Jasmine Eley was the best ballhandler on the team, and the best at penetrating the lane, and I don't see anyone currently on the varsity team that is ready to handle those duties. To take that next step up as a program, the Portsmouth Lady Trojans have to find a PG. Trinidad and Hughes are more like scoring guards, maybe one of them can transition to PG next season.

Return to “Girls Basketball”