2018/19 Vinton County Vikings

tankbballfan
Waterboy

Re: 2018/19 Vinton County Vikings

Post by tankbballfan »

The Sherman’s come to VC this Thursday. Should be good match. Sherman’s have had their number past few years!!

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

5-0

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

6-0

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m not up to snuff on the girls’ side....what teams in the district are better than VC?

Washington CH?
Eastern Brown?

Those are just maybe better teams....correct?

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironman92 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:56 pm I’m not up to snuff on the girls’ side....what teams in the district are better than VC?

Washington CH?
Eastern Brown?

Those are just maybe better teams....correct?
McClain, Sheridan, Meigs, Unioto and warren are all solid teams. I think VC would probably be favored against each one though. Honestly I think the district is VC’s to lose. Could see a rematch of VC/Unioto for the title.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

I think it is still Washington, but the Vikings are a super talented (and young) team who will win a whole lot of games and be a favorite to at least reach the District Finals.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am I think it is still Washington, but the Vikings are a super talented (and young) team who will win a whole lot of games and be a favorite to at least reach the District Finals.
They lost to Circleville

They are one of the teams that could beat VC....might even be favored. I’d like to see VC vs Eastern Brown

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

And Washington just destroyed McClain 47-19...yikes

hawkeyepierce
S

Post by hawkeyepierce »

I had a highly respected coach in the district tell me...that he has seen all of the DII teams in the SE district and he said that Vinton County is by far the most talented. Now, what does that mean? Absolutely nothing. The games still have to be played and anything could happen. So I am going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Personally, I think that they are a post player away from making any serious runs. However, it is a guard's game and we have plenty of those. So we will see.

It is also funny to see B-Bandit and I92 going at it. I am dying. :lol: Two representatives of two schools that do not lack in confidence or self-promotion in any way. But if I was keeping score, I would give the edge to I92, because his school has the better flagpole. :lol:

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

The Nelsonville-York Lady Buckeyes welcome the scoring machine that is the Lady Vikings to Ben Wagner Gymnasium tonight.
This should be a good game! I'm excited for this one. Vinton County is always fun to watch and the Lady Buckeyes always play all out.

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Orange and Brown wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 am The Nelsonville-York Lady Buckeyes welcome the scoring machine that is the Lady Vikings to Ben Wagner Gymnasium tonight.
This should be a good game! I'm excited for this one. Vinton County is always fun to watch and the Lady Buckeyes always play all out.

Going to be a big time matchup! Good luck to the Bucks but pulling for the Vikings!!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

The Buckeyes will be without Mackenzie Hurd tonight, but Grace Sinnott has been cleared to play and will be in the starting line up.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

19-12 lady Vikings after 1

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

hawkeyepierce wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 1:07 am I had a highly respected coach in the district tell me...that he has seen all of the DII teams in the SE district and he said that Vinton County is by far the most talented. Now, what does that mean? Absolutely nothing. The games still have to be played and anything could happen. So I am going to enjoy the ride and see what happens.

Personally, I think that they are a post player away from making any serious runs. However, it is a guard's game and we have plenty of those. So we will see.

It is also funny to see B-Bandit and I92 going at it. I am dying. :lol: Two representatives of two schools that do not lack in confidence or self-promotion in any way. But if I was keeping score, I would give the edge to I92, because his school has the better flagpole. :lol:
Another tie-breaker might be that I hope the Lady Vikings make a big tourney run and also if they face Warren...I’m pulling hard for the Vikings. I believe bandit wants the Lady Vikes to lose in the sectional finals to a .500 team of a stronger league so he can say “told you so”

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

7-0

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Dundas wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 10:25 pm7-0
We will have Mac back for the rematch!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
bman
SEO

Post by bman »

Ironman92 wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:29 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 9:15 am I think it is still Washington, but the Vikings are a super talented (and young) team who will win a whole lot of games and be a favorite to at least reach the District Finals.
They lost to Circleville

They are one of the teams that could beat VC....might even be favored. I’d like to see VC vs Eastern Brown
Don't put too much into a game that takes place the first week of the season. Circleville played a defense that Court House has not seen a lot of here of late and struggled against it, but still only lost by a point. Court House's top 2-3 players are as good as anyone in the D2 district.

I'll give the edge to Sheridan and Court House over Vinton County right now.

thebarlowbandit
All State

Post by thebarlowbandit »

bman wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:48 am
They lost to Circleville

Don't put too much into a game that takes place the first week of the season. Circleville played a defense that Court House has not seen a lot of here of late and struggled against it, but still only lost by a point. Court House's top 2-3 players are as good as anyone in the D2 district.

Vinton is better this year, I will give them lots of credit there. non-league schedule is marginally better, Unioto is down, Warren is down. But the schedule is what it is, kids just have to go play. Eastern Brown would maul VC with their post play. Court House is more athletic and longer, and Sheridan is probably the class of the SE District this year. But hey, only got to beat them at the right time.

bman
SEO

Post by bman »

thebarlowbandit wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:50 pm
bman wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:48 am

They lost to Circleville

Vinton is better this year, I will give them lots of credit there. non-league schedule is marginally better, Unioto is down, Warren is down. But the schedule is what it is, kids just have to go play. Eastern Brown would maul VC with their post play. Court House is more athletic and longer, and Sheridan is probably the class of the SE District this year. But hey, only got to beat them at the right time.
Good rundown and view on things.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Miami Trace took down Eastern Brown...at MT

Return to “Girls Basketball”