2017-18 FAC Thoughts/Predictions

mattash
Site Admin

2017-18 FAC Thoughts/Predictions

Post by mattash »

Keep the topics going, what is everyone returning and what is everyone's 2018 outlook

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
goblue1395
Freshman Team

Re: 2017-18 FAC Thoughts/Predictions

Post by goblue1395 »

Washington CH is returning their whole starting five, and none of them are seniors this year so they will return their entire lineup next year as well. They have one senior in Maddy Garrison who recently competed at the state cross country meet. She's very quick and plays solid defense, will be a great player off the bench in my opinion. WCH has one of the best players in the area in Junior Hannah Haithcock. She's got size and is very athletic. Obviously Miami Trace is the team to beat in the league as they are coming off of a State Final Four appearance. I was at that game and they were up big at half and should've won and advanced to the State Championship Game. They lost a couple starters but they return a lot, including Senior Tanner Bryant who has already committed to Florida Gulf Coast University. I believe Chillicothe will be solid as well, although they did lose an unbelievable player in Osh Brown who is currently playing at Ball State. I believe she finished her career with 1,000+ PTS and 1,000+ REB. I have no idea about Jackson's girls bb program as they are new to the league. Max Preps says they went 11-14 but went 4 games into the tournament. Idk who they lost or who they have returning though. Greenfield is always scrappy and will give the league fits at times. Hillsboro hasn't been very good for a pretty long time, I think they won 3 or 4 games last year. Anyone else have any other insight on the FAC this season?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Jackson led by star guard Rebekah Green. Way over 1,000 points and headed to Ursuline College

goblue1395
Freshman Team

Post by goblue1395 »

Through the first 2 weeks of the season, WCH and MT are the only undefeated teams left in FAC play. WCH is 5-0 and MT is either 4-1 or 5-1. WCH has wins against Circleville, Hillsboro, Chillicothe, Jackson, and Bishop Hartley to start. This makes up for a very exciting contest next Saturday when MT and WCH square off for the first time. I've been thoroughly impressed with WCH thus far, they've been shooting the ball well which doesn't allow opposing teams to double and triple team Hannah Haithcock underneath. WCH returned all 5 starters from a 11-10 season last year, and look to be on their way to a great season this year. Their top 7 players this year will all be back next year, so i look for WCH to make a deep run next year, and could potentially make a run this year.

Return to “Girls Basketball”