Fairland versus Lynchburg clay girls District final

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Fairland versus Lynchburg clay girls District final

Post by stacey7722 »

Congratulations to the Fairland lady dragons on a wonderful season. The Lady Dragons played a great game today. Fairland's girls are talented and gave everything they had. It was a fantastic game to watch. Both teams played a great basketball game and it was a heartbreaking way for Fairland to lose and end their season. Having said that, Fairland's team walking off in the middle of the awards presentation and disrespecting the lady Mustangs was very disappointing. The Fairland coaching staff just showed his players that winning or losing a basketball game is more important than being good people and having sportsmanship. Very disappointed in the coaching staff from Fairland removing the players and walking out while Lynchburg clay was receiving their awards for winning the district title, as adults we have to be better than that. Isaiah Thomas one said "at the end of my basketball career if I'm only known as being a good basketball player and not being a good person then I failed" just something to think about.
Last edited by stacey7722 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Fairland versus Lynchburg clay girls District final

Post by Ironman92 »

So for us not there....what was the missing piece? Was it heartbreaking simply because it was very tight or did something unfortunate go against them.

Congrats to LC girls....big shot by Binkley to send it to OT

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Just watched the GW shot. McKayla Binkley with two incredibly clutch shots. Wow

Hoopie74
SEOP

Post by Hoopie74 »

Thanks for the link. Awesome games at Waverly.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

stacey7722 wrote:Congratulations to the Fairland lady dragons on a wonderful season you played a great game today your girls are talented and they gave everything they had and it was a fantastic game to watch. It was a great basketball game and it was a heartbreaking way for Fairland to lose and in their season having said that walking off in the middle of the awards presentation and disrespecting Lynchburg and disrespecting the lady Mustangs was uncalled for the Fairland coaching staff just showed his players that winning or losing a basketball game is more important than being a good person and having sportsmanship very disappointed in the coaching staff from Fairland removing the players and walking out while Lynchburg clay was receiving their awards for winning the district title as adults we have to be better than that. Isaiah Thomas one said "at the end of my basketball career if I'm only known as being a good basketball player and not being a good person then I failed" just something to think about

Feel sorry for the fairland girls but the coach deserves to lose ,he don't care about no one but himself, most arrogant self centered human you will ever meet ,these girls deserve better ,he's nothing without all of the talent on this team

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Ironman92 wrote:So for us not there....what was the missing piece? Was it heartbreaking simply because it was very tight or did something unfortunate go against them.

Congrats to LC girls....big shot by Binkley to send it to OT
Heart breaking to lose the District championship on TWO buzzer beaters when you had the game won. The 3 that sent it to O.T. and the foul line floater for the game winner. That's heartbreaking...

earp
S

Post by earp »

Noitall wrote:
stacey7722 wrote:Congratulations to the Fairland lady dragons on a wonderful season you played a great game today your girls are talented and they gave everything they had and it was a fantastic game to watch. It was a great basketball game and it was a heartbreaking way for Fairland to lose and in their season having said that walking off in the middle of the awards presentation and disrespecting Lynchburg and disrespecting the lady Mustangs was uncalled for the Fairland coaching staff just showed his players that winning or losing a basketball game is more important than being a good person and having sportsmanship very disappointed in the coaching staff from Fairland removing the players and walking out while Lynchburg clay was receiving their awards for winning the district title as adults we have to be better than that. Isaiah Thomas one said "at the end of my basketball career if I'm only known as being a good basketball player and not being a good person then I failed" just something to think about

Feel sorry for the fairland girls but the coach deserves to lose ,he don't care about no one but himself, most arrogant self centered human you will ever meet ,these girls deserve better ,he's nothing without all of the talent on this team
Ya probably why he gave all of the credit to the kids in the post game interview.And YES I was there when he was interviewed..It will be in the paper tomorrow.Also praised the Lynchburg players for playing a great game.Buy a copy of the Huntington or Ironton paper on sunday and read for yourself.

Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Don't need too.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

That is good to hear. Trust me I was at the game, that was a very tough way to lose a basketball game. A game you played so hard in. We start every high school game before the national anthem with the public announcer saying "respect the fans, respect the refs, respect your opponent and respect the game." Lynchburg Clay lost in the sweet 16 last year and we excepted our acknowledgement and acknowledged the accomplishment of our opponent. They stood and applauded for us, and we stood and applauded for them. Lynchburg-Clay went to the final four in soccer this year where we lost to Cincinnati Country Day. CCD played a great game and got us, our kids stood in a driving rain storm and acknowledged the accomplishment by CCD. Sportsmanship and respect. We all represent the south eastern region. These coaches are molding young adults. This may have been a heat of the moment mistake by Fairland's coach and staff. But when things are the hardest is when we should act our best.

lovemygirls
Waterboy

Post by lovemygirls »

Stacey7722 and Noitall, I am a parent of a Fairland basketball player. First, I want to congratulate Lynchburg-Clay on winning the District Championship this afternoon. Your school has a strong basketball program with dedicated players and spectators. Good luck as you continue in the sweet 16. Second, I want to apologize for any behavior that may have appeared disrespectful. Our coaching staff demands respect for officials and opponents, and any appearance of disrespect was totally unintentional. Immediately after being given the runner-up medallions and trophy, the team was shuffled to the side for pictures by both parents and local photographers. Upon completion of the photographs, it was announced, "congratulations to the district champions Lynchburg-Clay", and the ladders were moved under the baskets to cut down the nets. To the best of our recollection, it was at that time when the team exited the floor. Again, congratulations to your basketball team, and our apologies for any behavior that may have appeared anything less than respectful.

Oak
Freshman Team

Post by Oak »

Fairland is a great team the guy is a great coach, but some of the scores that he beats teams by make you really wonder about the sportsmanship part.

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

Lynchburg-Clay knows and respects Fairland's program. Your kids play hard and are well disciplined. The way the game ended in regulation and then again in overtime was devastating for the Lady Dragon who fought so hard. Mistakes happen in the heat of the moment and they have been professionally acknowledged as such and made more than right. Congratulations to the Lady dragons on a wonderful basketball season. With the youth and talent on your team I believe the District finals will be merely a stepping stone to what you accomplish next year.

DONTKNOW
Waterboy

Post by DONTKNOW »

Oak if you are from Oak Hill, I can remember for 5 years that Coach Hales team pressed team till at least 2 minutes to go, so "sportsmanship" comment from Oak Hill is kind of Ironic. However if you aren't from Oak Hill then sorry, but scores doesn't always mean "Mean" coaches, if the second team is out there those kids look to score also, Lynchburg smokes a lot of teams and you don't necessarily think of them as Unsportsmanlike. Sure Coach Buchanon wasn't doing what he did to offend anyone, just figured it was Lynchburgs time.

Return to “Girls Basketball”