South East District Championships

stacey7722
Freshman Team

South East District Championships

Post by stacey7722 »

The SHAC gets the first of three chances at district championships. Congratulations to the Eastern Brown Lady Warriors. Good luck to the North Adams Green Devils as they go for SHAC district title number two. Lynchburg-clay will try to add another District title tomorrow at noon. Let's go Lady Mustangs!

mhs95_06
S

Re: South East District Championships

Post by mhs95_06 »

The D4 TVC teams of Waterford and Eastern Meigs have been state champs(one for each) or state runner-ups the last 3 seasons and both won district championships this week and advanced to next weeks regionals(will play each other).

Jenna Burdette was the key player on the Eastern 2013 champs and is now a very key player on the Dayton Flyers (#1 seeded team in the A10 tourney). They advanced early Friday to the semifinals Saturday(they play at 11am on CBSSN). She was stellar with 23 points on 8/10 FGs, 3/4 treys, 4/4 FTs, 4A, 3R, and just one TO. In conference play, she led the Flyers to a two game lead with only an early loss with their 1st year coach. She then missed 5 games with an injury and they lost 2 of those games putting them in a tie for the lead. She returned in the last regular season game with St. Louis, a team they had beaten once and both had 12-3 records coming into that game. She excelled at what she does best, breaking down the defense and getting it to the right teamate at the right time in the right place and her team prevailed in OT to give them the #1 seed and St. Louis fell to the #4 seed. Now they try to beat them for the 3rd time this season to get to the conference championship game Sunday. In Jenna's first season with UD her team advanced to the Elite 8 in the NCAA tourney where they accomplished a rare feat of leading UConn at half of a tourney game. I'd say she made a wise choice of where to take her basketball talents for collegiate play.

ArmChairQB
Varsity

Post by ArmChairQB »

I don't. Know much about the ShAC or their teams but the TVC has 3 teams in the sweet 16!

stacey7722
Freshman Team

Post by stacey7722 »

ArmChairQB wrote:I don't. Know much about the ShAC or their teams but the TVC has 3 teams in the sweet 16!
That is awesome! congratulation on 3 teams in the sweet 16! The SHAC teams left competing for district championships are Div. III not Div. IV. Good luck the rest of the tournament, I hope the South East can bring home a title.

Return to “Girls Basketball”